[PS3]The Last of Us

• Thread starter gtone339
  • 1,504 comments
I already have the game on PS3, but the remastered edition will probably be one of the games I'll pick up when I buy my PS4 (actually it's the only game on PS4 at the moment I'd be interested in):

f18ry6J.png

@F1GTR: The screenshot comparisons between the 2, that you provided, doesn't seem to surprise me at all. :(

Just like Tomb raider/AC 4 PS4 edition, neither versions doesn't give that Next-Gen look.

Oh well, I may not pick it up, afterall I paid at least $98.49NZD for the PS3 version last year.

Last edited:
Game will have some extra content. Not just DLC from ps3 version but something new. ND still is quiet about that.

Game will have some extra content. Not just DLC from ps3 version but something new. ND still is quiet about that.

Multi-player content I presume.

Anyway, here's more info about the 2 screenshot comparisons. LINK
In the case of The Last of Us, Naughty Dog didn't have to recreate things at higher output, they just had to grab the original assets before they were made ugly for the PS3.

Not worth buying again.

It's worrying that they are 'aiming' for 60FPS, makes it sound like they aren't totally confident in the PS4's ability to do it.

Source? What's the point of adding an even higher difficulty level than the current one? I need a valid reason!

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_last_of_us_grounded_bundle_and_season_pass_end

It's called Grounded Mode.

Grounded Mode will be the hardest challenge you’ll ever face as you try to complete the single player campaign of The Last of Us. The AI is relentless, smart, and brutal and survival will be near impossible. “Completed Grounded Mode” might be one of the most difficult trophies you’ll ever earn.

I don't know...that sounds a lot like what Survivor already is.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_last_of_us_grounded_bundle_and_season_pass_end

It's called Grounded Mode.

I don't know...that sounds a lot like what Survivor already is.

Ah okay. Don't even know why they would add another difficulty if the game is already that hard on survivor. The game is already good enough, it doesn't constant DLC, after-all they're just in it for the $$$$$.

They should just shift their focus on completing UNCHARTED for the PS4 instead.

Ah okay. Don't even know why they would add another difficulty if the game is already that hard on survivor. The game is already good enough, it doesn't constant DLC, after-all they're just in it for the $$$$$.

They should just shift their focus on completing UNCHARTED for the PS4 instead.
Someone from ND has already said that the 'lions share' of the studio is working on UC4.

Source? What's the point of adding an even higher difficulty level than the current one? I need a valid reason!

• It's called Grounded Mode, all info will be released this Friday during live Stream where all DLC content will be revealed.
  • Survivor is not that hard at all.
  • And if Grounded Mode might not be what think it is which is new difficulty mode for entire story line.
  • Then it might be some mode where you have to survive waves of enemies, clickers, bloaters attacking you in one place. Something like Ellie and David hat to do in winter Time.

Someone from ND has already said that the 'lions share' of the studio is working on UC4.

Bet it's some of experts who worked on creating The Last of Us & mostly new recruits, who previously worked on Uncharted 3.

Finally i got my platinum :) Now only the cherry on cake top awaits. Left Behind and i will have full 100%

I can do this all over again in Remastered Edition 👍

Finally i got my platinum :) Now only the cherry on cake top awaits. Left Behind and i will have full 100%

Seriously? It's too difficult for me to obtain! Might go platinum Infamous: Second Son instead. :)

See now after playing through at least 3 times just for the difficulty trophies I wouldn't be able to garner enough interest to do it another 3 times just for a little graphical upgrade.

I fully understand someone who didn't have a PS3 but a strong want to play the game getting it when it does release but I wouldn't be interested in doing it that many more times. Plus, I couldn't stand the Multiplayer on PS3 never mind again on PS4.

Launch trailer of the final DLC and the new trophies.

Reclaimed Territories

trophy_silver.png
Wharf
Complete a match on Wharf without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions

trophy_silver.png
Capitol
Complete a match on Capitol without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions

trophy_silver.png
Coal Mine
Complete a match on Coal Mine without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions

trophy_silver.png
Water Tower
Complete a match on Water Tower without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions

trophy_bronze.png
Recovered Supply Raider
Complete a match of Supply Raid on Wharf, Capitol, Water Tower or Coal Mine

trophy_bronze.png
Recovered Survivalist
Complete a match of Survivor on Wharf, Capitol, Water Tower or Coal Mine

trophy_bronze.png
Recovered Interrogator
Complete a match of Interrogation on Wharf, Capitol, Water Tower or Coal Mine

Abandoned Territories

trophy_silver.png
Bookstore
Complete a match on Bookstore without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions

trophy_silver.png
Bus Depot
Complete a match on Bus Depot dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions

trophy_silver.png
Home Town
Complete a match on Coal Minewithout dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions

trophy_silver.png
Suburbs
Complete a match on Suburbs without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions

trophy_bronze.png
Forsaken Supply Raider
Complete a match of Supply Raid on Bookstore, Bus Depot, Suburbs or Home Town

trophy_bronze.png
Forsaken Survivalist
Complete a match of Survivor on Bookstore, Bus Depot, Suburbs or Home Town

trophy_bronze.png
Forsaken Interrogator
Complete a match of Interrogation on Bookstore, Bus Depot, Suburbs or Home Town

Grounded Difficulty

trophy_gold.png
Completed Grounded Mode
Completed Grounded Mode

trophy_gold.png
Completed Grounded Mode Plus
Completed Grounded Mode Plus

Here's the full version of the supposed "Fanart" from a freelancer, who also worked on producing TLOU artwork as well. :)

10339669_10152109453189562_225597282843739849_n.jpg

"Still braver and wiser beyond her years," Druckmann says, presumably about the slightly older version of Ellie we see in the image. "Marek Okon's fanart is incredible -- I'd play it."

Both Okon and Druckmann refer to the image as "fanart," but Okon also teased: "Is it about The Last of Us 2? Not really… Maybe...It's classified."

That's definitely an evocative picture. Despite the last of the government quarrantine zones being near collapse, they could still pose a threat for Ellie, hunting her for her immunity - I hadn't thought of that as a sequel plot option (not saying that it is, just that it could be.)

TLOU 2 and Project Cars, maybe the crew are the only things that could make me get a PS4. Depends if TLOU 2 comes out as a dual release.

WipEout is entirely possible. There's a chance that Firesprite (members of Studio Liverpool) could make it. They helped work on The Playroom on the PS4.

Back