PSN Servers down?

• Thread starter Ki_Reddy
  • 229 comments
You're not getting it, somebody debilerately taking down a portion of the internet is a crime and then he decides to bring up PD and pretending he's the guy who make decisions there

There are parts of the internet that are "serious business", and other parts that are not, like GTP

And, say, gaming services? :rolleyes:

Were they to be attacking banks and infrastructure, that's serious business. Attacking PSN is a crime, certainly. It's hardly on the level that it cannot be joked about though. It's not on the level of "Three Jews walk into an oven, and the first one says..."

Before you all flame me, understand that I used that as example to illustrate that some crimes just aren't to be joked about. Joking about the Holocaust is off-colour at best, pretty much all the time. Even though I've explained what I'm doing, I still expect to take flak for this.

Joking about PSN going down...almost seems worth it for the outpouring of nerd rage when people lose their precious login bonuses. It's the equivalent of the local store being out of ice cream. It sucks, but we can all have a giggle and move on, because it just doesn't really matter.

everything back up and running and due to yesterday forced down time there is no planned down time today, in fact the planned one will be reschulde to a later date

It really got hacked.....again??? Honestly I think this is just the final straw for me to trade in my PS3 and move on.

[QUOTE="CAMAROBOY69, post: 10013240, member: 32527"]It really got hacked.....again??? Honestly I think this is just the final straw for me to trade in my PS3 and move on.[/QUOTE]

No, no it didn't.

It really got hacked.....again???
No. It was a distributed denial of service attack - something to which any publicly accessible system is vulnerable. The system is overloaded with requests to the point of being unable to execute the valid ones. No data was compromised.

XBL was also attacked, along with Blizzard's Battle.net and, the previous day, Runescape, Eve Online and Guild Wars 2. You're not going to find somewhere to move on to if you want to play games on the internet.

The case of the attack on PSN evolves and rebounding has discredited the Lizard Squad originally involved (PSN Attack: Flight diverted to John Smedley).

It seems that we are witnessing a real cyber war inter-hackers as the true author of DDOS attacks on the largest online networks of the canvas in the day Sunday, August 24 will be unmasked. This would be a member of the famous group Anonymous, known for being the authors of the famous hack of PSN in April 2011 Nicknamed "FAME" communicating on TwiterFamedGod account, disclosed the IP address of the Lizard group Squad to punish them for having claimed DDOS actions.

More information: http://www.xb-live.com/news/un-memb...preesumee-de-lattaque-psn-68288#ixzz3BPtAsRQY

No. It was a distributed denial of service attack - something to which any publicly accessible system is vulnerable. The system is overloaded with requests to the point of being unable to execute the valid ones. No data was compromised.

XBL was also attacked, along with Blizzard's Battle.net and, the previous day, Runescape, Eve Online and Guild Wars 2. You're not going to find somewhere to move on to if you want to play games on the internet.
Oh okay. Attacked not hacked. Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

PSN Attack
To reiterate, whoever did this did it for the attention - DDoS is not supremely tricky. By talking about them you give them attention. That means they know that attacking PSN again will get them attention - so next time PSN gets DDoSed, they'll do it harder and for longer, affecting gamers and not the company they claim to be attacking. Again.

Not talking about them is the way to do it. Feed their ego and you contribute to the problem.

Considering the PSN AND live got attacked, I am impressed that I was still able to play xboxlive the entire weekend. Hopefully this gets resolved for everyone as soon as possible.

Considering the PSN AND live got attacked, I am impressed that I was still able to play xboxlive the entire weekend.
Yep - it was a case of YMMV, depending on your physical location. European users were the most affected by the PSN DDoS, though US users got a kick later in the day - probably because Sony pulled the plug ("Have you tried turning it off and on again?"). XBL was running "a limited service". Both groups were fine for stuff outside the PSN/XBL wall though - I was watching Netflix for much of Sunday!

It sounded as if the individuals responsible (or claiming to be) were annoyed than PSN had switched to a paid model for PS4. Apparently it only takes a minor slight with these buffoons to get them to attack a company by inconveniencing its customers.

No connection to PSN for me at the moment.

Edit: Forget the post. I just had a connection error... XD

Last edited:
It's confirmed..............

small-penis.jpeg

.... DDOS attackers are this big

You can still play games offline though - c'mon, get creative with photomode or focus on a tune.
I know I know lol just really wanted to play some bf4. If I'm honest I never got into tuning because with a DS3 I cant tell the diffrence myself. But when I use a tune I can tell its better just cant do it myself.

I know I know lol just really wanted to play some bf4. If I'm honest I never got into tuning because with a DS3 I cant tell the diffrence myself. But when I use a tune I can tell its better just cant do it myself.
So, now's your chance ;) Yeah, I know what you mean though, took me quite a while to fathom the tuning thing.

Back