PSN Servers down?

• Thread starter Ki_Reddy
  • 229 comments
TotalBiscuit posted earlier today that those reports are false. Remember: This is the internet. Take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt.

I want to bump this thread, for the original topic but at this time because I think it's down again now, and has been for a day or so? Hard to follow official channels, can report in Australia that it's down - anyone else?

I want to bump this thread, for the original topic but at this time because I think it's down again now, and has been for a day or so? Hard to follow official channels, can report in Australia that it's down - anyone else?
There was more maintenance scheduled for yesterday evening (States) but I'm not sure at what time.

Fantastic. Just arrived from a few days with my family, where I had no internet, to find this...

So apparently PSN has been brought down again by hackers over Xmas leaving loads of people who just got a PS4 or new games unable to play online.

Sony's firewall is made of soft cheese :lol:
Xbox Live as well from what I heard.

Guess who is taking responsibility again, 🤬 Lizard Squad.

XBL is up and running again, IDK if PSN is back up yet... Which reminds me...

@CAMAROBOY69 Like I said in August, A big enough DDOS attack can take any service down.

EDIT: Both are up and running

Last edited:
XBL is up and running again, IDK if PSN is back up yet... Which reminds me...

@CAMAROBOY69 Like I said in August, A big enough DDOS attack can take any service down.
Yeah XBL was patchy last night, but I was able to play with my friend for the majority of the day anyways. It was being weird with the initial log in, but after that it was running smoothly for the hours I was on.

Yeah XBL was patchy last night, but I was able to play with my friend for the majority of the day anyways. It was being weird with the initial log in, but after that it was running smoothly for the hours I was on.

Yeah, once your in it was okay, it was fine all day (UK) as I was setting up one of my nephews for him but when I went back to it at 7/8pm I couldn't get on. Tried for about 2 hours and gave up for the night and tried about an hour ago. Same for PSN yesterday as my friends were phoning me to get on COD but I couldn't sign in but they were playing with no problems. The B******s!

In the end I gave up on both and went and bought Elite: Dangerous. :cheers:

OT: Does anyone know of any flight stick that works with PS4 and PC?

I still can't sign in to PSN... Has anyone been able to sign in?
I can sign into PSN with my phone and PS3. CANNOT sign in with PS4. As far as I know nobody is online from the US on a PS4 on my friends list.

I can sign into PSN with my phone and PS3. CANNOT sign in with PS4. As far as I know nobody is online from the US on a PS4 on my friends list.
Yeah, my phone app is working perfectly too, I can see who's online and whatnot, no problem. But the PS4 can't sign in no matter what. Crap.

Being stuck with glitchy pre-patch versions of NHL and LittleBigPlanet is a fate worse than hell.

What I don't get is this. If someone claims responsibility, then why aren't Sony/MS filing a lawsuit against them?

What I don't get is this. If someone claims responsibility, then why aren't Sony/MS filing a lawsuit against them?
I'm sure once the group is found, they will be slapped, very, very hard. It's finding them though.

I'm sure once the group is found, they will be slapped, very, very hard. It's finding them though.

But they have openly claimed responsibility on Twitter... Even if it wasn't them, sending their ass to jail for a few years will teach them a lesson about claiming to be guilty of a crime that they didn't do. So in any case, it's a win in my book.

But they have openly claimed responsibility on Twitter... Even if it wasn't them, sending their ass to jail for a few years will teach them a lesson about claiming to be guilty of a crime that they didn't do. So in any case, it's a win in my book.
If LS are able to DDoS PSN for several days, I'm pretty sure they're able to cover their tracks.

True.
If LS are able to DDoS PSN for several days, I'm pretty sure they're able to cover their tracks.
...and very true.

I was on for several hours last night, and again most of this morning with no issues.
Once on, you are likely to be okay, but not if you are logging in fresh.

That might be the case. I can't sign in on my Vita, PS3 or PS4.

The Xbox is fine though. :D

Rather annoyed - can barely sign in - very patchy on PS3. GT6's update keeps getting errors and at the rate my internet is working, by the time I dowload this poxy update/hotfix, the seasonal events will be gone.

PS3 has been fine for me all day. I've logged on and off plenty of times. No success with the PS4 at all though.

Rather annoyed - can barely sign in - very patchy on PS3. GT6's update keeps getting errors and at the rate my internet is working, by the time I dowload this poxy update/hotfix, the seasonal events will be gone.
Wanna know whats more annoying ? I knew I was getting a $100psn card for christmas, so I went on the ps store days before and saw all the sales happening and with $100 thats dream come true right ? wrong! I go to put the code in and I can't even do that, can't access the store then I got signed out and couldn't log back. What's even worse is that the Flash sale and christmas is gonna be over by monday or tuesday..fml.

Wanna know whats more annoying ? I knew I was getting a $100psn card for christmas, so I went on the ps store days before and saw all the sales happening and with $100 thats dream come true right ? wrong! I go to put the code in and I can't even do that, can't access the store then I got signed out and couldn't log back. What's even worse is that the Flash sale and christmas is gonna be over by monday or tuesday..fml.
It's ridiculous. Half the problem for me is the 'unlimited' service provided by talktalk. The 'unlimited' part referring to the level of being anger you achieve when dealing with their service. 8Mbps advertised. 0.2 being provided, as tested last year. this year, we couldn't even load the bloody connection speed test.

Latest Posts

Back