PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Grand Finale Results & Points Posted!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,144 comments
Turbo, looks like the number issue is sorted. What's your take on my team name? I went with Emirates GTP because I've gotten used to using Arsenal colours for my paint scheme. Are there any concerns over the use of the Emirates Airline logo in the thread/webpage? If there are issues, anyone out there looking for a team mate? If I get the green light from you on Emirates GTP, I can photoshop you a logo for the OP tonight.

And to Team Canada, sorry about the identical colour scheme. Hopefully it'll make for some funny moments as the season progresses.

Use whatever you want, as long as it's appropriate.

Everyone just has to bear in mind that if I get told to take the logos down, they'll have to change. (chances of this happening is very slim I'm sure)

I've got practice room up if anyone is interested

CLOSED :D

Last edited:
Think my best lap so far was 2'33.3 which isn't great but I don't think I was that fast at Spa last season. Anyway hopefully get it down to 2'32 as looking at the drivers signed up it's going to be hard just to qualify :lol:

I thought you did a 1:32.7, no?

On my way.. Internet "technician" botched my WSGTC race by messing with the box at the end of the street.

I still need to get my fix for the day. :lol:

Second timed lap I ran a 32.4. My car still pushes like crazy. 31s shouldn't be hard to hit once I get rid of some of this push. I am sure some of the aliens will be knocking on 30s.

Edit: Down to 32.1 with two tenths I am giving up in sector 1.

Edit 2: 31.923

Edit 3: Room is still open with outlaw and Owens. I can run 32.0s consistently with 31.9s when I get it just right. I might see a 31.6 If I am lucky.

Last edited:
Race is only next week, and you guys are already sharing setups, talking about lap times! Geez :scared: Looks serious this season!!

Well, I'm going to be a rolling chicane at Spa. Maddening understeer with the draft. I may just sit out to avoid a headache.

I hope I don't end up an obstacle. If I do, I might not want to stay. Of course I'll give it a chance. :P you have to stay to be good!

I hope I don't end up an obstacle. If I do, I might not want to stay. Of course I'll give it a chance. :P you have to stay to be good!

Stay and we can have our own battle of the backmarkers.:lol:

Post your setup then! :sly: Also ill try Wardezes setup tomorrow as it looks to my liking with the Toe ect ect :D.

Well, I'm going to be a rolling chicane at Spa. Maddening understeer with the draft. I may just sit out to avoid a headache.

I honestly think you're looking into it too much and psyching yourself out over it. It's never really been an issue for me.

I honestly think you're looking into it too much and psyching yourself out over it. It's never really been an issue for me.
Think of it this way. You work hard the whole week on a setup for a practice race when you know the car is going to handle completely different on Saturday.

I'll still be racing but I'm done working on the car for this track. Need to work on Suzuka. Love the circuit but never ran it in a series before.

Outlaw it was fun stuff last season for the wildcard race its a track that really, really, really suits this car imo :D.

Think of it this way. You work hard the whole week on a setup for a practice race when you know the car is going to handle completely different on Saturday.

I'll still be racing but I'm done working on the car for this track. Need to work on Suzuka. Love the circuit but never ran it in a series before.
I never recommend over-practicing for any week, especially with heavy damage.

There's too many things that can happen, and they make it all too frustrating when you've put in loads of time and effort into the week.
Just make sure you have the track down, and can run solid, consistent laps, and have a plan for pit stops, no need for more thought. ;)

Wardez's tune cut about 1-2 seconds off of my slug 1:37's. Either that or driving lines.

Last edited:
sure blame the team

lewis-hamilton-007.jpg

I personally will be using Wardez's tune because I like oversteer more than understeer

Are sports soft the only tires allowed during races?

Last edited:
Back