PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Grand Finale Results & Points Posted!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,144 comments
Any of you own a purple car in real life?

Yes!!! I still own the 1992 Honda Civic Si (EG hatch, schwing) I built in high school. B18C1 swap, S80 gearbox with Quaife LSD, ITR brakes, Eibachs, Tokicos, full Energy Suspension urethane bushing kit, 25mm rear bar, AEM cold air, 5zigen exhaust, etc. The stock Honda color is Captiva Blue Pearl which actually looks purple in most lights.

This isn't my car but this gives you an idea:

blue520whpeg3af2.jpg

And no, I didn't build the car for drag racing. I needed it to be a daily driver but wanted it to be aggressive enough to take to a track day and still have fun. It no longer is my daily but since it is worth more to me than anyone else I have never sold it, probably never will.

Last edited:
Awww I never knew Americans liked hot hatches (Calling them shopping karts ect ect :irked:) Nice to see some love for them from you aleast Brosif 👍. Alot of people I know including myself think thats the best shape civic ever :D.... If I come over fancy giving me a shot :drool: :sly:.

In real life large amount of downforce on the rear wing can also slow the car down on straightaways. It's a fine balance of enough downforce to keep the car planted, but not too much that it'll slow the car on straights.

I don't have a real car, I just have 4 wheels that get me to work. :indiff:

Yeah me too, got close to buying a '93 RX-7 once, and almost had a 240SX at some point but always settled for used cars that I bought from my grandpa after he used them up. He liked to have a new daily every two years. So I've had an '87 Volvo 240DL as my first, then a '94 Jetta, '93Cadillac Seville, and now a '96 Altima.

They're getting more modern each year sort of. :D
Soon you'll be driving a 2012 Cadillac Escalade :sly:

I have a real car.

Leg08silverside1.JPG

Sadly, this is the 2nd sportiest car I've driven.

(The most was a base Mustang convertible I had as a rental) :indiff:

Why I am asking is that for all I know, the slowdown caused by downforce is miniscule (in GT5, that is), you only lose some handling.

Maybe if you really wanted to make the rear more loose, but I feel that this car has a loose enough rear already :)

I have a real car, well its technically my parents car. Its an 08 Impreza WRX, the hatch version. I don't see them letting me drive it anytime soon though, and for good reason, the thing really takes off :scared: We also had a 240SX way back, but it rusted out after about 20 years and we had to get rid of it :(

I have driven my dad's VW CC(manual transmission). I'm getting the hang of the clutch. :D Car feels sporty, it's great.

I'll just leave this here.

moxie.jpg

If you're curious that's Canada in the background... Wave to Mule.

I found a really haggard Miata on craigslist last night. All tires are flat, motor has a major valve tick and the interior is completely shot. Guy was asking $1,200. :lol:

I'd offer him $500 and watch him call me out for low balling. People don't know what I know...

RT, just want to make sure you have Ketiux and I signed up as a team together. He signed under the ux3 name, but should be on the Mandingo pickles team. Could you please correct it?

RT, just want to make sure you have Ketiux and I signed up as a team together. He signed under the ux3 name, but should be on the Mandingo pickles team. Could you please correct it?

I will. I also let him know he needs a new number and haven't heard back...

Didn't really change anything. Seemed more tail happy in the slow corners.
The Mazda MX5 has lift-off oversteer. Basically if you lift over the gas mid corner the rear slides around. I know this as me and my dad were on a track day at Silverstone, and he lifted off mid corner and the rear started to slide. Its quite good how PD have added that into the game 👍
Sorry bit nerdy :lol:

Makes sense really, lifting off the gas will shift the weight forward off the rear tires causing them to lose traction. ;)

Which is why a lift through Malmedy can be useful to setup the drive down to Rivage.

The Mazda MX5 has lift-off oversteer. Basically if you lift over the gas mid corner the rear slides around. I know this as me and my dad were on a track day at Silverstone, and he lifted off mid corner and the rear started to slide. Its quite good how PD have added that into the game 👍
Sorry bit nerdy :lol:

I really like the lift-off oversteer in this car, it's the only was to make it turn.

BTW, what is a good lap now? 31.5 to 31.8 seemed to be on pace?
Anyone in the 30s?
Aderrm?

Tune:

Aero: 20/45

+20/+15
12.5/8.5
6/7
7/6
4/4

2.0/1.0

BB: 3/3
LSD: 7/12/5

Trans:
Reset to default
Set top speed to minimum
Lower final drive until top speed is 177mph
Make gears 1 and 2 longer, and 3 and 4 quicker as needed.

Here's my crazy spa tune... got a 2:31.5 with a bump.

ride: 0 | -5
spring: 11.5 | 10.0
ext: 5 | 7
comp: 7 | 5
arb: 5 | 5

camber: 2.0 | 1.5
toe: +0.02 | +0.04

LSD: 5 | 15 | 5
aero: 20 | 50
brake: 4 | 5

In order to post these in the tuning section, I need ALL the numbers, including the gear ratios. 👍

Just a quick note to everyone posting tunes. If you want them in the tuning section of the OP, I will need everything contained in the tune, including individual gear ratios even if they are stock.

Hi there. 1 hour of tests and finally got a 2:30.9

Here is my tune:

tuningsheetlitchi.png

Yeah I know this tune looks like a joke when you see the values. But it works very well (for me :P).

For my transmission, you can find the right values only if you follow the procedure below:

1- reset to default
2- final gear 5.500
3- max speed 180kmh (maximum on the left)
4- final gear 3.490
5- set your gears one by one.

:cheers:

Usually the tunes that look funny are the best ones. You never know with GT5's unpredictable physics. 👍

I went ahead and posted the template in the tuning section so that those who want their tunes featured can fill out the sheet themselves then post it here. Seems like people are okay doing that since a couple already have. :lol:

I also posted the correct font to use as well. 👍

Back