PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Grand Finale Results & Points Posted!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,144 comments
What would be a good time to get into the top 14? Im getting 2:14 heads but that's on default and feel i could maybe go faster?

An FYI, lap times are down to the 2:11.9xx mark. I'm in the high 2:12s, with T2, T9, and Spoon driving me crazy. Every day, I'm liking this Miata even less. :lol:

From a page or 2 back..

Not bugging at all. Of course, there's a few tunes in the "tuning shop" post toward the beginning of the thread.

Wardez
Not bugging at all. Of course, there's a few tunes in the "tuning shop" post toward the beginning of the thread.

I've used them and they made me slower, started hitting 2:15's so i think Im just no good with driving cars with setups :lol:

I'm running in the 2:30's so I think a 2:15 will be good enough to make it into the top 10 overall

Hmm, can't remember the last time this thread's been quiet for this long. :lol:

Anyways, I'll be available for watching qualifying tomorrow after 6:30 PM, PST. Remember to set up a public room first so I can join. :)

Quick note to the stewards that will be watching qualifying runs:

When you take down people's times, just enter them into the first sheet. I will come in after that and move them over to the sheet that everyone else can see. I need to do some formatting to a few things that needs to be done after they have been moved over.

👍

Ran some laps tonight and after a few gearbox changes from Spa, the car felt good. Had a bit of trouble with the rear end at 'Degner 2' and the hairpin initially, but ironed that out and managed to run a 2'11.4xx in my lounge. This sounds a little quicker than I expected, so I'm not so sure the 'grip' level in my lounge was 'normal'?? I feel online lounges can vary, so maybe I just had a 'good' one this time. Grip reduction was set to 'Real' and tyre wear was 'ON' too, before anyone asks ;)

I'll try a public lobby tomorrow and hopefully I can join you for some laps/quali' outlaw and/or anyone else that may be around :)

So here I come all happy about how I got a 2:14.5, and people are in the 11s?

How typical....

Thought it would be best in addressing this now.

As a steward, I'll be watching the following areas closely during qualifying:

Degner Curve (Turn 8)
Turn 9
130R
Casio Triangle

jaaw0g.jpg
t704ut.jpg
2j60get.jpg
677190.jpg
25hhj7p.jpg
28bcroz.jpg

hah! I had some as well, nice Rich.
FJS7K.gif

Here's some more to add to it (these are all dirty btw, for clarity)

T2-T3
dMc9y.jpg
TUdZZ.jpg

T7-T8
IojJg.jpg
brLPN.jpg

Mid-T9
eYBhr.jpg
K6ahd.jpg

Exit-T11
fTv01.jpg
aHA1b.jpg

T13-T14
dC1OM.jpg
mui9X.jpg

T15-T16
n85Vp.jpg
EHclk.jpg

T17-T18
8DCQk.jpg
P3Vmc.jpg

Last edited:
btw, practicing with Litchi now:
lBCGW.jpg

Last edited:
Well you can see that the car's on the greencrete there on exit and outside the white line.

If the car turned in just a fraction sooner he'd have the front left tire on the white line and the rear left still on the rumble strip. So in the image, it's dirty.

Thanks for asking.

new room:
lBCGW.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Neither Litchi nor I can join room's we make!

This is ridiculous. I'm hoping it's not some new bug. Other people can join our rooms but we can't join or see each others.

Edit:
OMG! This is the strangest thing. Never encountered anything like this. I joined the WSGTC PAL 1 lounge with Litchi and we couldn't see eachother. Then we set the track to different tracks and started races all without affecting the "same" room for eachother!

X(

I... am just profoundly stumped. Restarting our PS3s now.

Wow, well after all that frustration it ended up being a simple case of Litchi not having downloaded the PS3 update.

So-much-time-wasted.

l
m
f
a
o

Last edited:
Yeah and every one make sure to do their PS3 system update 4.11

Sony messed up on this one as it's supposedly not mandatory in the U.S but is mandatory outside of the U.S. So there's no pop up saying there's a new firmware update for us. U.S users have to go into the system update option in the XMB and manually do it so we can stay in line with all of our friends and avoid the fiasco Litchi and I just went through.

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20120216/ps3-update-4-11-differentiating-firmware-by-county/

Had a bit of trouble with the rear end at 'Degner 2' and the hairpin initially, but ironed that out and managed to run a 2'11.4xx in my lounge.

I broke into the 11s the other night when I was practicing with an 11.999 (it still counts as an 11 :)) and a terrible setup. I too am battling a troublesome tail through Degner 2 and the Hairpin so much so that I know I am losing more than a few tenths as I tip-toe ever so cautiously. If you don't mind me asking, what changes did you make to tighten up the rear through those corners? :)

Cheers!

I broke into the 11s the other night when I was practicing with an 11.999 (it still counts as an 11 :)) and a terrible setup. I too am battling a troublesome tail through Degner 2 and the Hairpin so much so that I know I am losing more than a few tenths as I tip-toe ever so cautiously. If you don't mind me asking, what changes did you make to tighten up the rear through those corners? :)

Cheers!

use it power out the corner. Power out when you hit the apex, turn straight and you should fly out the corner. Its harder to do than change the setup, but i find changing the setup for one corner results in lots of understeer. Its easier for me, Ive just learnt to drive like that in that car

Cheers!

The tail gets a bit loose for me aswell at the hairpin, but not Degner 2. Make sure you take enough kerb, without taking too much grass with your right set of wheels on the outside of that green concrete. After 3 flying laps, I ended up doing 3 2:10.6s so I think that's pretty close to my limit. :)

Last edited:
Ran some laps tonight and after a few gearbox changes from Spa, the car felt good. Had a bit of trouble with the rear end at 'Degner 2' and the hairpin initially, but ironed that out and managed to run a 2'11.4xx in my lounge. This sounds a little quicker than I expected, so I'm not so sure the 'grip' level in my lounge was 'normal'?? I feel online lounges can vary, so maybe I just had a 'good' one this time. Grip reduction was set to 'Real' and tyre wear was 'ON' too, before anyone asks ;)

I'll try a public lobby tomorrow and hopefully I can join you for some laps/quali' outlaw and/or anyone else that may be around :)

I plan on getting qualifying done tonight after work, so I'll have a P&Q room open for sure around 6-7PM EST

Just an FYI observation on quickest way I use to find a room;
1 select current track : Suzuka
2 chose option Skid Force off
3 press triangle until the practice room shows up on screen.

This usually only takes me about 4 or 5 button presses vs the minimum 22+ by using room number. I think this works due to the fact so few rooms have Skid Force turned off. You guys already probably do this, but just wanted to put it out there in case it helps someone.

I may not be fast on the track, but I'm fast getting there!

The tail gets a bit loose for me aswell at the hairpin, but not Degner 2. Make sure you take enough kerb, without taking too much grass with your right set of wheels on the outside of that green concrete. After 3 flying laps, I ended up doing 3 2:10.6s so I think that's pretty close to my limit. :)

Thanks! Degner has always given me trouble, as I am sure is the case with many others. If I can get within a second of you I will be extremely happy.

Back