PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Grand Finale Results & Points Posted!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,144 comments
Does anyone have a setup? I just can not go faster with default or the setups given. Plus Im failing at making my own setup :ouch:

Have a transmission:

Final: 2.760
Max Speed: 112 - set first

Using Wardez's tune's suspension, sorry. :P

Have a transmission:

Ah this helped thanks 👍 Just need a good setup, just understeer then oversteer just no balance

Have a transmission:

Thanks for posting this, I think a had a good setup for SPA but I'm not liking 3rd and 2nd gear here, the shift points are bad for the corners.

Ah this helped thanks 👍 Just need a good setup, just understeer then oversteer just no balance

Wardez's setup is a great start, I'm using it with the dampers increased.

Wardez's setup is a great start, I'm using it with the dampers increased.

Theres too much understeer. Cant find a good setup, cant make a good setup so Im just going to stick with default

Edit: Not saying its bad, its just I cant get any of those setups to work for me.

Theres too much understeer. Cant find a good setup, cant make a good setup so Im just going to stick with default

Edit: Not saying its bad, its just I cant get any of those setups to work for me.

Have you tried this:
tuningsheetlitchi.png

That is the extreme oversteer inducing setup.
I think that setup would eat tires but I never tried it over more than 4 laps.

If you want more oversteer just lower the rear ride height and increase the LSD's acceleration value.

The problem I find with most setups on GT5 (maybe it's the game?) is that I like a bit of lift off oversteer, or for the car to be a little more neutral off throttle in the corners, then a bit tighter off. Looking for something along those lines for my GT4 Cup car and coming up short. I could never find a setup like that for my Roadster TC.

lol Jason and this is why I am infinitely confused as to why you didn't like the Lotus 111R RM.

You just pretty much broke down a love for its character.

A difference between a little lift off oversteer and a lot. :lol:

Anywho, put a little hint of the prize pack in the OP. Items not finalized, but the dollar amount is fairly close. :D

The problem I find with most setups on GT5 (maybe it's the game?) is that I like a bit of lift off oversteer, or for the car to be a little more neutral off throttle in the corners, then a bit tighter off.
I look for the same thing. Often, I get the lift-off oversteer but the second I touch the throttle, even a little, colossal understeer and I end up playing see-saw. The few times I find a nice balance, it's pointless since I'm slower anyways.

Just an FYI, I got a few things to do around 6:00-6:30 PM PST today but other than that, I'm available for watching Q runs as of now. Maybe I'll learn something so I can break into 11s. :indiff:

If you want lift off over steer in the TC car it doesnt do it. In the normal one it does, but the TC has downforce and less weight so it probably doesnt have the same effect? Just a guess...
The two cars are very different handling wise 👍

There was a time when I chased set up after set up. Thinking my lap times being slower were caused by others having a better set up.

After being friends with some of the fastest guys I've ever ran across. I have gotten their tunes and it was then it hit me.

There is no magically tune to gain seconds.

It was then I realized my skill/talent level. Then I stopped looking for reasons I'm slower and knew the reason was my own driving. Either driving to hard, braking to hard, entering to deep, missing marks. The lack of time solely lied with in me improving myself.

So to me it seemed ideal I seek a few Spec series where tuning is prohibited. This allows you to focus on driving.

As well many level out to their competition and then when they move into strong comp they have to work their way up again.

This post is meant to help. No bash by no means. It hopefully help you maximize your time tuning.

I get a nice turn in and mid corner response if I modulate the throttle. If I keep it at full throttle it it'll understeer but if I just let off about 10% and kind of flutter the gas then it just turns in a lot better - but this is if you compound it with a proper entry line. The car forces you to be a very tidy driver and I love that.

So I think it just comes down to your driving Andy, try to start take a bit of gas off and work on your lines emphasizing a good exit.

lol Jason and this is why I am infinitely confused as to why you didn't like the Lotus 111R RM.

You just pretty much broke down a love for its character.
I loved that car mainly because it earned me a league win, albeit I had some luck that day. :lol:

(But the 'ring, oh geez, most evil car since the RUF Yellow Bird) :scared:
Anywho, put a little hint of the prize pack in the OP. Items not finalized, but the dollar amount is fairly close. :D
Hmm, so Adam's receiving $100+ worth in prizes. Good for him. :sly:

The Mazda is a bit like a 125 bike. You have to get a good entry/apex/exit otherwise you'll lose lots of time. Like if you are too late on the gas it can cost seconds. Thats how I see it, due to the lack of power and stuff

I made a toy for us... It will generate those tuning cards.

This (completely un-styled) web form will take your information and drop it into the tuning card that RT made.

Once you hit submit it will write a png file and show it to you.
You can then use the address in the location bar to post an image like so:

Code:
[im.g]http://www.gate19.net/pngfun/pngcarsetup.php?tid=1[/im.g]

pngcarsetup.php

It is also a valid image just being generated by a script. So once you've made it you can also just use a direct-link to the png file:

Code:
[im.g]http://www.gate19.net/pngfun/img/1.png[/im.g]
1.png

*** wtf?? the CODE tags don't stop it from processing bbcode tags so I had to throw a dot in there; I'm sure you get the idea
-----

The tid value you see there is the "tune id", which is the row number in a spreadsheet. So if you'd like ALL the tunes in raw spread-sheet format just grab this file.

-----

:D

Dr_Watson

This (completely un-styled) web form will take your information and drop it into the tuning card that RT made.

It is also a valid image just being generated by a script. So once you've made it you can also just use a direct-link to the png file: http://www.gate19.net/pngfun/img/1.png

-----

The tid value you see there is the "tune id", which is the row number in a spreadsheet. So if you'd like ALL the tunes in raw spread-sheet format just grab this file.

-----

Amazing work and it is greatly appreciated!

That's amazing Tim, great work.

Since that png is hosted on your website (and since people around the forum tend to take without asking) I think you should throw a little watermark on the image or disclaimer somewhere saying its only for PURE series. Just to save you the headache of every one "borrowing" it all over the place.

Code:
[im.g]http://www.gate19.net/pngfun/pngcarsetup.php?tid=1[/im.g]

pngcarsetup.php

It is also a valid image just being generated by a script. So once you've made it you can also just use a direct-link to the png file:

Code:
[im.g]http://www.gate19.net/pngfun/img/1.png[/im.g]
1.png

*** wtf?? the CODE tags don't stop it from processing bbcode tags so I had to throw a dot in there; I'm sure you get the idea
-----

-----

Awesome job 👍

That's amazing Tim, great work.

Since that png is hosted on your website (and since people around the forum tend to take without asking) I think you should throw a little watermark on the image or disclaimer somewhere saying its only for PURE series. Just to save you the headache of every one "borrowing" it all over the place.

I don't have a bandwidth cap so I'm not worried. But that is something that could be solved if RT can make me a better blank with FMSC4 logos on it.

I modified the one on the front page a bit to get this: http://www.gate19.net/pngfun/basetune.png

Mostly all I did was stretch the top a bit so there was room to write 1 line of header text there and to get it to a nice and even 250x350 pixels... rather than the odd vertical size it had before.

As long as the boxes don't move I can just drop a new base image in, delete the cached graphics and the script will regen new ones with the new base image the first time someone asks for them (Which is why linking through the script is better than a direct link to the png. The script will check to make sure the image is there and make a new one from the csv data if it isn't so it's never a broken link.)

So RT, if you do decide to make me a new blank base image; also be nice to get one where the text isn't fuzzy. :sly:

So RT, if you do decide to make me a new blank base image; also be nice to get one where the text isn't fuzzy. :sly:

It's like that because I have a larger base file, but decided I wanted them to fit side by side within the ~700px max width of the forums so I had to squeeze them down.

Back