PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Grand Finale Results & Points Posted!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,144 comments
R1600Turbo
I usually give them a warning first. If they ignore me and enter the track.....goodbye.

Edit: Need more qualifiers guys. :nervous:

I am looking to qualify tonight is there is someone in a room could you post it

I'll probably be on late if anybody will be available to watch me qualify. It's tough having 2 series to qualify for now.

Need to make a Skype call soon. In half an hour, I can hop into a public room, and watch some Q sessions. 👍

Thank you all for the warm welcome. As for 'ol Nigel, you give him more credit than we do at RIP! LOL.

(Not really, Welsh is a brother from another mother. :)

A bit bigger community over here than our quaint little team. Great work fealls.

Glad to see you wander in from the cold DMH. Great bunch of guys to race with here in a car that keeps the racing close, so good fun. :) Just make sure you read the first page fully so you're up to speed with how everything is run, then any other questions, just ask.

Keep an eye out in this thread for practice/qualifying rooms to open throughout the week and for the upcoming Tokyo race....... watch those pesky walls ;). Sadly, I can't make this round as I'll be running round like a headless chicken kicking a ball of wind :D

Outlaw, if you are available to watch room 1472 6681 3243 9092 2846

Eric would like to qualify. I may as well give it a try too.

Last edited:
Outlaw, if you are available to watch room 1472 6681 3243 9092 2846

Eric would like ti qualify.
In in this room:

1472-6118-3744-3753-6491

Oh, and to show the downside of Q'ing early, just ran a 1:48.606 after adding downforce to my setup. I don't like how it handles, though.

Yeah I was definitely running full DF in my video run. I think it's better for Tokyo since there's lots of high speed turns where you need to hold as tight and fast a line as possible

Yeah I was definitely running full DF in my video run. I think it's better for Tokyo since there's lots of high speed turns where you need to hold as tight and fast a line as possible
Really didn't help much in S1 or S2. It was S3 where I picked up most of the time.

Like I said, car feels much better with only 45 in the rear instead of 50. Will try Watson's tune and see if that's any better.

This gearbox business is interesting... spent a half hour in machine test tinkering with 2.5 final drive and various gear setups and got a 1.8% improvement in 1/4 mile time.

This gearbox business is interesting... spent a half hour in machine test tinkering with 2.5 final drive and various gear setups and got a 1.8% improvement in 1/4 mile time.
Oh yes. Now you can literally see what the difference is with simple manipulations to the gearbox.

Btw, your tune is brilliant through the long right, but it's far too finicky for me.

Well, I final found how I'm loseing 48s lap:
In T3, it seems many are holding 99MPH all the way down to the final hairpin. I'm only doing 84-90, I can't seem to find any good brake points, right now I think a 48.3 is doable with my best T1 and T2, and a good (97MPH) T3.
I hope my lousy Q time holds up so I can race. What do you guys think the cut off time will be?

I have yet to run a lap on this yet, but I tried setting up the Dr's tune. After reading through the last few pages, I still can't figure out how to get the gearing right. Can someone please clarify how I should make the changes to get the proper gearing?

Set FD to 2.5 then top speed to 199. That's it.

Thanks, I'll try it again on my lunch break. I don't think I had the FD set to 2.5 when I was trying earlier.

EDIT I must be doing something wrong. I set FD to 2.500 then set top speed to 199. The lowest I can go on 1st gear is 4.159, nowhere near 2.600 :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll try it again on my lunch break. I don't think I had the FD set to 2.5 when I was trying earlier.

EDIT I must be doing something wrong. I set FD to 2.500 then set top speed to 199. The lowest I can go on 1st gear is 4.159, nowhere near 2.600 :confused:

If you'll notice on my tuning sheet the gears are not tuned for a 2.5 final.
With a 2.5 final you're going to have a 1st gear near 4. Add the final drive and the gear ratio and you get the total effective ratio which will tell you more. A 2.5 final with a 4.0 first gear is a 6.5 ratio for the entire system from engine to wheel. A 2.5 first gear with a 4.0 final is still 6.5 for the total system, the torque transfer from gearing is just happening in a different place.

Heads up guys. When I get back to a computer I'll be deleting no-shows from the registration list. If you are registered and haven't raced yet and are planning on it, speak up now.

If you'll notice on my tuning sheet the gears are not tuned for a 2.5 final.
With a 2.5 final you're going to have a 1st gear near 4. Add the final drive and the gear ratio and you get the total effective ratio which will tell you more. A 2.5 final with a 4.0 first gear is a 6.5 ratio for the entire system from engine to wheel. A 2.5 first gear with a 4.0 final is still 6.5 for the total system, the torque transfer from gearing is just happening in a different place.

2.5 X 4.0 = 10. :odd:
:P

I think in real life you want torque transfer in rear end because the gears are bigger in size to handle the load. I remember putting a 4:10 gear my car for that purpose.

Last edited:
Back