PURE | JGTS 3 - Series complete! Congrat's to Driver champion MSP_JTown and Team champions Xanavi Z!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,078 comments
just watched the replay .... looks like you got the worst of my 130R insta-spin .. sorry @SkengD ... was completely crazy how quickly it went around. :embarrassed:

Thanks guys!

Now join us for some fun pick up racing in GT6

Room will be open all day and night!

upload_2013-12-8_14-26-11.png

results are up. Sorry your clan didn't show Ben... but with a strong final event the Xanavi Z claims the team trophy for the 2nd season in a row. J-Town holds on to dethrone tony as the driver champion... and in a strange twist of fate Rich does everything he needed to do to beat Mr. Ben Spurge for 3rd but gets hit with an over-under as Bart slides into the last podium spot.

Good racing everyone. Good bye GT5.

results are up. Sorry your clan didn't show Ben... but with a strong final event the Xanavi Z claims the team trophy for the 2nd season in a row. J-Town holds on to dethrone tony as the driver champion... and in a strange twist of fate Rich does everything he needed to do to beat Mr. Ben Spurge for 3rd but gets hit with an over-under as Bart slides into the last podium spot.
Figured that would happen but hey, his setup was exactly what I needed for Suzuka. That and he helped carry us to a team championship.

On that note:

23s6knr.png

Figured that would happen but hey, his setup was exactly what I needed for Suzuka. That and he helped carry us to a team championship.

On that note:

hahaha, I love it, great job guys!

Word. Wasn't looking good when you were orphaned mid season, but it all came together in the end. 👍

Final GT5 league race, Round 7 of JGTS 3 is complete! Congratulations to race winner GTP_PASM! Congratulations to overall season champion MSP_JTown! and team champions Team Xanavi Z! Thanks so much for everyone's participation in making this event one of the most awesome, close, and exciting championships, of any sort, to take place in GT5. Special huge thanks to Tidgney for the video race coverage! Definitely check him out and subscribe to his channel here: www.youtube.com/user/tidgney‎. He's only just finished round 4 of JGST 3, so if you're keeping track through him, look forward to seeing the final 3 races be covered the same way in the near future, not done watching awesome racing yet! Also, huge special thanks to Rich Castro (@outlaw4rc) and Tim Flammger (@Dr_Watson) for the massive help running the series in the back end, they're simply invaluable and we're so lucky to have them. Thanks also to other members who helped out in their own ways, you're awesome, you made this what it was!

Look forward to hearing updates on our progress in building new series for Gran Turismo 6 very soon here on the FB page, our GTP thread (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...oing-on-to-gt-academy-national-finals.240909/) and our website (http://pure.gate19.net/) and forums! (http://pure.gate19.net/forum), so do stick around, we can only get bigger and better from here. If you have any questions or concerns, please be sure to let us know at any time, no matter what the issue of concept is. Thank you everyone!

Hello everyone. I'm now up and ready for gt6 but unfortunately I have noone to practice with since I have a new account. I was hoping that a few guys here in the forum wouldn't mind workinng woth me if that would be ok so that I could getvup to speed now that I'm a pure member. Now that the series is over and the awesome racers are over on gt5 I figured id ask to finally meet u guyys in pure and I hope I get to see u soon

Last edited:
You can add me if you like, on GTP_CSL, I like to randomly practice and race online, I'm sure we can get together sometime.

Congrats to JTown for the championship, PASM for the hard-to-come-by Pure JGTS win, and that poor underprivileged Nissan NISMO Z.(and the drivers that made it happen) :cheers:

Thanks for this great series everyone! Probably the best and most competetive event I was ever part of.

Congratz to J-Town and Xanavi Z!

I just missed out on the top 5 in points and my team Calsonic was also really close to get the team championship but still very happy with the outcome. Shame for Mirial yesterday was on pace to win and get us the constructors.

Goodbye GT5! It's been awesome, bring on GT6!

Congratulations to J-town and my ex team Z :)

Was fun but short seasson for me.I am looking foreward to new champions on GT6.

Another disastrous masterpiece for me after things looking quite rosy after the first stop.

I don't run with the driver listing, and when the first of the Lexuses/Lexi went past during the first stop, I presumed it was Tony on a one-stopper. Once the tyres were up to temperature, the gap remained steady which was a bit unsettling if you think someone else is on worn tyres. I knew I could only lap consistently in the 57s with only minor errors, and with a series of small mistakes to try and make up time with the belief that two-stops was wrong, lead to a loss of rhythm during the second stint.

Once things were sort of back on track after the second stop, I drifted wide on the exit of spoon looking to make a pass on Outlaw and so the inevitable crash ensued. At least I didn't have far to crawl for repairs to get back into the race. I made up a couple of places with Tony's DC and a pass on Wardez. I pushed my luck a little bit too much with the refuelling, so the last lap was spent short-shifting. Congratulations to PASM with a fine win.

I'm more disappointed for letting our team down as we were looking strong for the Constructor's. I'm hoping I can be more consistent in GT6. Because of the game limitations, so much concentration is needed just to keep the car on the racing line, never mind doing anything beyond that, so it takes it's toll during a long race.

Congratulations to J-Town for winning the championship and to the Xanavi Z Team for the constructor's win. Winning in a less favoured car is embarrassing when you're in the GTR.

And thank you to all the PURE guys who managed the whole series.

We are having a preseason or rather a warm up race on GTForum this Wednesday at 20:00 cet(same as JGTS). Testing some early specs for GT500 racing on GT6.

All Pure drivers are welcome to join. PM me if you want to join or sign up on GTF in the link in my signature.

Race track is Apricot Hill. 33 laps, 125 km. 1 mandatory pit stop.

Specs:

GTR - 502hp/1100kg
Lexus - 502hp/1100kg
HSV - 493hp/1100kg

No turbo allowed on any car. Only premium GT500 cars allowed.

On that note:

23s6knr.png

Read the text at the bottom.
This cracked me up when I saw it.

IMAG0006.jpg

:lol: sounds about right.

Hey All,

First off sorry I've been behind with the series, and also not being able to look here as I never wanted to spoil the video if I knew the results! So I took so much care in not knowing anything! It took alot more work than I expected but well worth it in my eyes, especially with the quality of racing!

Secondly, what a championship, never did I expect such close competitive action in endurance races, I was extremely worried about large gaps, but the skill and competitiveness of everyone was stunning! Well played, I salute you and congratulations to MSP_JTown stunning driving!

Here's Round 7;

Hey All,

First off sorry I've been behind with the series, and also not being able to look here as I never wanted to spoil the video if I knew the results! So I took so much care in not knowing anything! It took alot more work than I expected but well worth it in my eyes, especially with the quality of racing!

Secondly, what a championship, never did I expect such close competitive action in endurance races, I was extremely worried about large gaps, but the skill and competitiveness of everyone was stunning! Well played, I salute you and congratulations to MSP_JTown stunning driving!

Here's Round 7;

Thanks for all the work. 👍

If you're bored I do still have a fully edited MP4 our kick ass Nurburgring s15 rm finale race that only needs an audio track added to it. @Wardez wasn't able to get to it. I could pass it on if you want more race commentary practice without having to do the capture and production work.

If you're bored I do still have a fully edited MP4 our kick ass Nurburgring s15 rm finale race that only needs an audio track added to it. @Wardez wasn't able to get to it. I could pass it on if you want more race commentary practice without having to do the capture and production work.
Or for a shorter one, the Miata race at Nurb GP/D. :)

BTW, here was the pass for 3rd.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the work. 👍

Hey Mate,

Erm, I may take you up on that, it won't be just yet though I'm afraid as there's a lot of videos queued up to go on at the moment, certainly up for more commentaries though I love doing them :D! Always a surprise to see what hapens!

Back