Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,814 comments
57-14.jpg
57-33-685x513.jpg

It's powered by a 225ci /6 out of a 1978 Plymouth Volare. :lol:

It makes a whopping 110hp/180tq which is a massive downgrade :lol:

57-24-685x513.jpg

57-14.jpg
57-33-685x513.jpg

It's powered by a 225ci /6 out of a 1978 Plymouth Volare. :lol:

It makes a whopping 110hp/180tq which is a massive downgrade :lol:

57-24-685x513.jpg
Why? :confused:
And it's illegal in most ever state cause you can put engine that is older then the car it's in.

--------------------------

It's a super rare 4 door Superbird!
00T0T_fokqCs0ANbO_600x450.jpg
00b0b_fwzNb07sbpO_600x450.jpg

White trim ?
b057lcS.jpg

Stacks and flames on a Ranger, the HP has to be crazy!
f2cFkaJh.jpg

That looks just like Eminem.
vbXP5qdh.jpg

KrnCfUf.jpg

Why? :confused:
And it's illegal in most ever state cause you can put engine that is older then the car it's in.
That's actually false. As someone who has done inspections to declare what is or isn't street legal, some states do not have emissions inspections therefor anything goes. If they do have emissions inspections, things get a little tricky. No engine older than 1996 can go in it (and be street legal) and an engine swap has to be another engine that was offered in that car to meet emissions based on that engine.

In order to prove that, my dads 1985 Ford truck has had 2 engines from the mid 70s in it. If it's older than '96, anything goes.

hsv
With decent wheels and some spacers on the rear, it'd look brilliant.

Six inch spacers? On each side? Those would be some epically long wheel studs :lol:

Are the sun-shades in the rear windows to help keep the engine cool?

I dont trust them either....

and some states care even less about what you do to a car, TN (atleast used to be) as long as it blew clean numbers it didnt matter, theres an '03 magnum running around nashville with an OLD carborated 426 hemi , he downtunes it to an extreme and takes it to the smog, gets his sticker then retunes to gnarlyness

and some states care even less about what you do to a car, TN (atleast used to be) as long as it blew clean numbers it didnt matter, theres an '03 magnum running around nashville with an OLD carborated 426 hemi , he downtunes it to an extreme and takes it to the smog, gets his sticker then retunes to gnarlyness

That's stupid. Every two years strip the engine...

As for the motor swap thing... it's bs. You can't swap in an engine of a certain age in a car of a certain age.... What if I told you, that the 351W is more efficient and powerful than that Vulcan V6 I'm stuck with?

I don't blame you, I've seen way more wheel spacer failures when ball joints go bad.

Yup I see that as well but some states that don't do the sniffer like NY but do do ECU emissions checks, that's impossible with a carbureted engine so it would fail.

That's stupid. Every two years strip the engine...

As for the motor swap thing... it's bs. You can't swap in an engine of a certain age in a car of a certain age.... What if I told you, that the 351W is more efficient and powerful than that Vulcan V6 I'm stuck with?
It depends. Like I said, older than 96, anything goes, newer than 96, it can only have an engine offered in that vehicle to pass smog. NY in particular has 0 laws regarding swaps, BUT they must pass emissions (without a sniffer) which basically limits you to what you can do. And they know if the engine was swapped with another that it was offered from the factory with because they scan your VIN number and then it issues tests based on what it's shown. To do a successful swap you have to get a new VIN assigned to your vehicle which is a PITA to do.

I can register my truck as a hot rod to pass the tests, but that's too much of a hassle.

Oh well... get a car that's older than 1988 I guess.
Can't do that here. The DMV has to inspect the vehicle before they put it through for registration and they will pretty much tell you hell no on the spot.

As for that 4-door superbird...even if it ain't a superbird, I want it.

DEAD ****ING SERIOUS I AM. Inb4 @Cano says "I'm not one bit surprised."

Though it has appeal, except that the front looks horrible. I'd change that but everything else? The guy has guts to do that and I find that interesting. Now paint it with a good color instead of the wood-like appearance and I'd buy it.

Well, I'd also remove the side skirts too.

dDhcIlu.jpg

rJw7pkt.jpg

If cops really drive those, then street racers run rampant in that area.

01616_5a10y12hFro_600x450.jpg

IFavcwk.jpg

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he likes Valvoline.

NzT9rTQ.jpg

wHzJzP3.jpg

ST0NXTy.gif

yJSDhcf.jpg

01414_hpyGkBqAuG6_600x450.jpg

How about a Hyundai Coupe? It's currently for sale in my area.

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

The interior is apparently cream leather, which must match the yellow paint brilliantly. Apparently it's had £60,000+ spent on it. None of that on the engine though...
Why does that rear look like it's rather disproportionate?

6r4_3.JPG

Well it certainly looks like it was built in a shed.

It's still a WIP. Still not resolved what to do with the rear axle. Why bother using a 5-door Metro as a starting point when the original was a 3-door? It's not like you can't get hold of them for pennies. Think of all that trouble they went to to adapt the body kit to fit around the extra doors. The mind boggles at the thought process that went into it.

Latest Posts

Back