Quick-Match concept

• Thread starter raweer
  • 298 comments
Switzerland
Switzerland
REALRACE
hi all

i can't use it ... i was hoping for a renewed gt5-shuffle ... but no way :banghead:

without chat, communication -> no social interactions
SRF (or even boost!?) on -> huge NoGo for me, can't feel the car proper
no lobby options to choose from -> arbitrariness

this feature has IMHO completely failed, it's NFS

it was really a quick match, after 10sec pushed away from at least four guys

cheers, r, who still waits for the 🤬 promised track editor and the community features ... and don't buy GT7

8< - - - - - - - - - -

summary #1-200 (edit)
#6/10/12/15/17/18/19/22/30/32/41/49/52/59/66/68/73/76/83/88/92/97/98/101/125/126/129/141/143/144/146/155/163/177/181 happy
many ideas/thoughts:
#14 https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/quick-match-concept.317032/#post-10078734
#23 https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/quick-match-concept.317032/#post-10078914
#25 https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/quick-match-concept.317032/#post-10078941
#34 https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/quick-match-concept.317032/page-2#post-10079289
#65 https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/quick-match-concept.317032/page-3#post-10081432
#85 https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/quick-match-concept.317032/page-3#post-10082599
#87 https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/quick-match-concept.317032/page-3#post-10083150
#106 https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/quick-match-concept.317032/page-4#post-10083911
#2/5/13/28/46/61/74/75/95/165 SRF/boost
#2/35/36/37/103/112/158/180/182/192 kick/penalty
#3/9/31/44/45/51/55/58/72/90/108/115/127/138/140/142/145/149/153/191 connection problems
#4/50/54/78/102/107/109/132 events
#11/56/84/124/157/189 (own) car
#28/47/104/111 invites
#21/26/31/36/62/64/121/130/131/147/159/167/173/190/193 demolition derby
#38/42/43/60/69/161 shuffle
#24/57/94/110/137/151/152/160/188 unhappy

Last edited:
I only have two issues with it.

SRF and boost, but this can be avoided by doing the Expert level quick match race. That fixes that issue I guess, just means less variety though.

And the inability to punish bad drivers. There should be a vote to kick feature. This worked phenomenally well in the first GRID game and could certainly work here too.

Other then that, it's just like GT5 Prologue and that's awesome!

I started one.

Picked the GT-R Black
Track was Deep Forest.
Countdown started for matchmaking.
Countdown went down to 0.
Got a unable to find a match after 2 mins of the countdown being on 0.
Game was stuck at black GT loading screen, had to quit game.
Then I got a Quick Match is under maintenance.

Way to go PD, Way to go.

I only have two issues with it.

SRF and boost, but this can be avoided by doing the Expert level quick match race. That fixes that issue I guess, just means less variety though.

And the inability to punish bad drivers. There should be a vote to kick feature. This worked phenomenally well in the first GRID game and could certainly work here too.

Other then that, it's just like GT5 Prologue and that's awesome!

I agree. I haven't played it yet but if SRF and boost are on for most of the events............well, that's a magnificent way to make a new feature practically useless to any serious racers. They might as well force us to use automatic transmission too, just to be sure they've rid this feature of any realism and fun. 👎

Theres the news right now about the Quick Match being unstable.
See you next time in the next (ninja) update!

I tried 6 times this morning trying to enter a quick match. All that ever happened was that I entered the track all by myself in warm-up mode, and then got disconnected or an error after 30 seconds causing the game to freeze.

I had no idea SRF was forced on. But I personally don't mind it being forced on or off as long as everyone is using the same SRF setting.

Expert doesn't allow SRF.

Yeah, but isn't that only one of the available races? And is boost still on? If boost is on, I'm not sure what the point of even racing is. It's kinda like when you were a kid and your dad let you win in a foot race, you felt all proud of yourself until you figured out it was a hollow victory that had nothing to do with your ability. I stand by my 👎

Quick match is a very small step in the right direction. Unfortunately players are limited to only 4 car classes & 1 track in each class, no option to change tracks.
PD needs to expand that mode, make all driving aids available in all races & group together players who use similar aids, have a casual option (damage off, penalties off, boost on) and an expert option (heavy damage, strong penalties, boost off) in all races, include more car classes (eg: road 400PP, road 500PP, road 600PP, Super GT, GT3, touring, LMP, rally, etc), give more options for car selection (give players the option to choose from a list of courtesy cars or choose cars from their garage within the performance limits of the event), and either randomly choose track for the following race or give players the option to vote on the track for the following race.

Last edited:
Expert is Expert. No SRF, no boost. None that I could tell from the 10-15 races I've done in there. Unfortunately it's the only good racing coming from quick match.

Yeah, but isn't that only one of the available races? And is boost still on? If boost is on, I'm not sure what the point of even racing is. It's kinda like when you were a kid and your dad let you win in a foot race, you felt all proud of yourself until you figured out it was a hollow victory that had nothing to do with your ability. I stand by my 👎
Boost is off also. I think this is okay for a first batch of quick match

It's quick match, it's get in and race, those that want more options, that is what open lobbies are for, plus the more options you give people, the less matches you will get and the smaller the grids will be. I don't see what the problem is.. it's online for people that don't have the time to make the most of the current on-line architecture. Did it give us all the online features we've asked for... no, but then it is only quick match.

i like QUICK MATCH. it's, as intended, a simple and fun feature or game mode.
needs better race penalties but i don't think ps3 could handle better race marshals.
i think we will only see that kind of racing at PS4 with FIA's influence.

I like the idea a lot, but it seems like there are many disconnections during the matchmaking process. Maybe it will get the kinks worked out eventually. I like that the weight and HP are displayed for the calculations of power/weight. Besides the presence of SRF and the bad drivers, it really does seem like the credit payouts are not up to snuff. I received something like 45,000 for 1st place in a full room. They should increase the payouts somewhat now that the rooms are fill with completely random people: i.e. it is not like you could arrange any kind of credit grinding races. Now they just need to create a shuffle race for one of the events.

Those of you who think quick match is fine as it is probably have never played other games.

Other games either let players use filters so that they can be match-up with players of similar skill who want to race similar cars & race types or simply groups players into a race and picks car class & track randomly in each race. Both options provide some sort of variety.
The way it is right now in GT6 with only 4 car class/track combinations doesn't offer much variety and makes the quick match feature pretty much useless.

This is another example of a situation where PD needs to take note of what other games have been doing for the past few years and try to learn from them.

Also, it would be nice if there was some sort of player invite and/or party system so that we could get some friends together and jump into some races.

FS7
Those of you who think quick match is fine as it is probably have never played other games.

Other games either let players use filters so that they can be match-up with players of similar skill who want to race similar cars & race types or simply groups players into a race and picks car class & track randomly in each race. Both options provide some sort of variety.
The way it is right now in GT6 with only 4 car class/track combinations doesn't offer much variety and makes the quick match feature pretty much useless.

This is another example of a situation where PD needs to take note of what other games have been doing for the past few years and try to learn from them.

Also, it would be nice if there was some sort of player invite and/or party system so that we could get some friends together and jump into some races.

- a "quick match" is not meant to be a FULL race creator. (...and i want one to!)
- to invite friend would be nice

It's quick match, it's get in and race, those that want more options, that is what open lobbies are for, plus the more options you give people, the less matches you will get and the smaller the grids will be. I don't see what the problem is.. it's online for people that don't have the time to make the most of the current on-line architecture. Did it give us all the online features we've asked for... no, but then it is only quick match.

I (and I'd guess most of the people here) want one option, SRF on/off. This is supposed to be the "real driving simulator" and there is nothing "real" or "simulation" about SRF. Forcing SRF on is like doing motocross with training wheels on, it's great for the 10% of people who don't know how to ride a motorcycle but for the other 90% it really ruins it.

(and yes, I'm aware that a whopping ONE of the races doesn't have SRF, so that should be fun for a few races and then it will get stale)

- a "quick match" is not meant to be a FULL race creator. (...and i want one to!)
I never said it was meant to be a full race creator, all I'm saying is that it should provide some sort of variety.
I love Super GT cars, I like Fuji, but it sucks that I can only race at Fuji with no option to race Super GTs at other tracks in quick match.
At the very least PD could include a "random race" in addition to the races already in there, game picks a random car & track in each race, everybody uses the same car, that would offer some variety.

I (and I'd guess most of the people here) want one option, SRF on/off. This is supposed to be the "real driving simulator" and there is nothing "real" or "simulation" about SRF. Forcing SRF on is like doing motocross with training wheels on, it's great for the 10% of people who don't know how to ride a motorcycle but for the other 90% it really ruins it.

(and yes, I'm aware that a whopping ONE of the races doesn't have SRF, so that should be fun for a few races and then it will get stale)

Exactly!
I love the idea of Quick-match, and I agree that there shouldn't be too many different modes, to make sure that the rooms will get filled up - but please give us the option of a no Skid Recovery Force filter. (The same goes for the new Sierra Time Rally, which is a great event ruined by SRF.)

Back