Quick-Match concept

• Thread starter raweer
  • 298 comments
I was in the Tsukuba quick match event, and at one point the game decided not to load the menu. It showed the cycling views of the track and I saw that my car was launched from the pit and I had control over it. There are two views of the circuit where turn 1 is visible. This continued into the race, but, not wanting to ruin anyone's run, I just parked it off to the side.

love the quick match concept and had some fun racing last night my first night on there. seems quite glitchy at the moment though, perhaps it is a server issue or perhaps not. hopefully the mode will improve and grow with each update. :cheers:

Just raced at Tsukuba earlier & finished 1st by 1.7 seconds. When the results of the race came up it showed me in 1st then the driver who finished 8th & last moved to the top & was given the win even though he was over 8 seconds slower than me. Myself & the other 6 drivers all dropped by 1 place. How can a driver finish last but be given the win & receive the payout for 1st place? Second time this has happened now. Most of the time it just disconnects from server. Complete waste of time!
This has happened to me on a few occasions too. Come on PD get with it.

So there isn't a saving grace to this idea? I think there could've been categories perhaps, like 'race for fun' and 'race for real'. But at the same time, if a derp comes into race for real and wrecks it, how could that be policed? I think no collisions might be the only way this could work.

What if they applied licence restrictions to certain events?
eg. Make 2 of the 4 (3 of the 5) 'open' and one 'A licence' and the last 'S licence' events.

Good idea, or would it alienate some players therefore bad idea?

Can't see PD going down that road to be honest, but I would like to try an 'S Licence only' room to see if the general level of driving was markedly improved or not.

I had two cracking Quick Matches last night in the 600PP Supercar Battle. I drove a Ferrari 458 (a great handling vehicle) and the field was quite clean. The racing was really close, especially in the top 4-a last corner tussle on the last lap almost ruined my race, with a French person touching my rear end allowing him to take second. I still finished third. On the first race, the same French person was right behind me for pretty much a whole lap, but the Ferrari's acceleration managed to beat the grunt of the Ford GT

Gave this a bash, and although i had some good racing with a few guys,hard good battles and closely matched it was fun,but then the 🤬 assclowns come and make it 🤬 but yes you will get this...

Gave this a bash, and although i had some good racing with a few guys,hard good battles and closely matched it was fun,but then the 🤬 assclowns come and make it 🤬 but yes you will get this...
Try to beat the dirty-racers with technique...

I keep getting "Entry failed"

same here last night. frustrating. took 3 or 4 goes before i was able to get in a room and stay there without getting a error message of some kind. unfortunately being unable to switch cars whilst in a room means exiting the room and going through the error process again :banghead:

What if they applied licence restrictions to certain events?
eg. Make 2 of the 4 (3 of the 5) 'open' and one 'A licence' and the last 'S licence' events.

With the 5th being S golded... called "Expert" a la GT5 Prologue matchmaking catagory. :D

At least PD listened. But now it has gone from one extreme to another.

Try and drive clean with dirty drivers is almost impossible. Had the worst session tonight, gave up.

Richard Cranium of a driver, kept stopping when there was no need to. Result, me being penalised for a collision that should never have occurred. I was not the only victim - there were others.

i agree. the more i try to play this, the more i find it unplayable unfortunately. it is a pity. i hadn't played gt6 for a good few months as nothing within the game was grabbing my attention for more than a few laps. then quick match was released so i decided to give it another go. alas with all the quick match problems, either bedding in problems or unfixable problems, it is back to grid autosport for me.

Have to say, this mode is literally the 'destruction derby mode'... you can have some alright battles with people and then people just tag you intentionally, ram you, break check you etc etc etc... without a karma system its almost impossible for people who want to race to race without it just being an almighty mess thanks to those people who just want to cash into everyone...

The rally one penalizes you for hitting walls and losing speed (oh, btw the walls are invisible)
Awesome to have some rally racing but your right. Penalty system sucks when someone runs into you, you cop a penalty. I got turned in on as I went inside on a corner and I copped the penalty.
Wish they just went with a ghost system for heavy hits. Fun watching them spear into the outside.

The more I watch these QM, the more I wonder why PD cannot award the penalties properly. It cannot be that hard to work out who's fault a collision is.

The game has it half worked out already. When the player turns on the driving line, the braking distance is already worked out, along with the recommended gear to be in and logically the speed.

All the game has to do in the event of a collision is determine whether car A (leading) or car B (following) applied the brake when they were suppose to, and were doing the appropriate speed for the corner.

For example:
If car A brakes mid straight causing a collision, then it is the fault of car A, not B.

If car A brakes going into a corner, and car B does not or is not at the appropriate speed for the corner, then logically car B is at fault.

Car A is at fault if it brakes and it speed drops below a margin of error for the corner - essentially unsafe braking.

I realise that that over simplifies the structure of penalties, but I fear to expect anything more is beyond PD's abilities.

Well I have to say to all of you, that I'm sad and happy as well, QM doesn't work on my PS3. This was one of the best features, that were supposed to make this a special game, but it either doesn't connect you to server (my case) or it penalises you for everything. BTW yes, I've downloaded the 1.13 fixing update and no it still doesn't work propely. :( It makes me sad.

When I do quick match, it doesn't really work but its worth it because i usually get around 120,000 credits on every quick match i do!

Latest Posts

Back