Quick-Match concept

• Thread starter raweer
  • 298 comments
I've not had any luck to get a clean and fun QM from any of the ones offered. Must keep trying!
Spent most of my time on the GT500s at Fuji, but I end up being victim of ramming at T1, the main straight and Dunlop Corner. If I somehow end up towards the front row at the start, I always have to bail out to avoid someone in a GT-R blasting into T1 at full speed without braking. :indiff:

Last edited:
The GT500 QM is all about your talent in the last sector, especially the last corner.

I take an extremely sweeping line through it to the extent that I touch the outer curbs before turning back to the apex and getting a massive run down the front stretch

The GT500 QM is all about your talent in the last sector, especially the last corner.

I take an extremely sweeping line through it to the extent that I touch the outer curbs before turning back to the apex and getting a massive run down the front stretch
I completely forgot to mention this in my earlier post, but I was victim to ramming rather than being overtaken. Yes, I've noticed that taking the right line at the last corner is very key in getting a good run up to T1 with a bit of help from slipstream, that is if the guy ahead doesn't decide to brake test me or sideswipe me...

useless, my car defaults are such that i have to adjust the driving options and i cant, it wont let me out of options gets stuck

i dont know how to change the defaults for like abs and so on so i guess i cant use it at all

if i cant change those settings, driving options i guess they are called then i am not fast enough

Last edited:
Tried quick match for the first time yesterday. Very good clean races. Mopped the floor on the first run. Second run was closer, with me making a last corner pass for the lead with no contact. Very nice. Third race was a 4-way battle for the win with me coming in third. Overall I was surprised at the level of skill for being dropped in with a bunch of random strangers, but I realize I won't always be so lucky.

I absolutely love this new feature! It reminds me a lot of the old Shuffle feature. Finally, I have a chance at races XD

The SRF is a bit of a bummer because I'm not used to any aids, but it's still cool, it makes the racing intense. Just gotta get used to it.

Im sure it's set on so it doesn't deter casual gamers, it would shoo so many people away. My younger brother is able to race competitively now and he fully enjoys the game, that makes me happy. In fact, he bought the game, so it's good he's finally loving it XD

I guess what I'm tryimg to say is, just be happy this was implemented. I was incredibly disappointed in seeing many people STILL complaining. STILL unhappy with PD. It's seriously getting old. Just be happy we finally have somenew content :)

So the Eneos SC430 is actually pretty fast, especially considering it's the lowest PP of all the GT500 cars. It's the fastest by far in the sweeping right hander

What I love about Quick Match is the fact that you can't use a personal car with a special tune job on it. Shows who can drive the best

Unfortunately though whilst in principle that would be great, I've found every QM lobby I've joined full of dirty drivers just ramming each other off.

Hahaha. Won my first (and last quick match for a time) by 36/1000 against a ramming French.

Took the lead from the start. 1st lap: 3secs off. Half of 2nd lap: more than 4secs off. Oops, got distracted and rammed into walls and bunkers. French guy took the lead and I was 2secs behind when we went into final lap. I closed the gap and took the lead literally in final corner. (Guess he got nervous...) Then he tried to push me hard, harder on the back end, then on the rear corner and trying to spin me, damn basterd. Well, it was close. And I left the event with a "lol" smile.

So my one and only experience is: Yes, there are ramming, dirty (very), drivers around. :lol:

Whithout track/car rotation this mode will die very soon.
PD...stop being so primitive.

1st day: 16 players out 16
Today: 4 players out of 16

Last edited:
bet it will be updated each or two week.
I don't mean update the "events". I don't want to race an infinite number of times on the same track with the same car. So boring.
Change, like shuffle or like in Forza: track rotation with a stock car you can select after each race.

I don't mean update the "events". I don't want to race an infinite number of times on the same track with the same car. So boring.
Change, like shuffle or like in Forza: track rotation with a stock car you can select after each race.
Then it should be a new online mode then.

For me, quick match is like the "seasonal events" of online. Amd for that matter its basically the exact same feature as "online event" in GT5P.

Quick match is a good concept executed badly, it worked a lot better in GT5 Prologue. If they can't get a feature working better in their latest game than it was in a demo of their previous game, what hope is there!

👎

How do you change your preset driving options, so that when you go to quick match, for instance, the settings will have most of the driving assists off, since in quick match you are sure to lose with any of them on...since QM disconnects almost every time I try and make the adjustment, I need to do it in the main menu of the game but dont know how

You know I also do NASCAR Inside the line, and using the wheel it is impossible to make racing set ups and then save them, you have to use the controller and even then I get lost when i try and save it and name it...I kinda gave up for that reason

VBR
Quick match is a good concept executed badly, it worked a lot better in GT5 Prologue. If they can't get a feature working better in their latest game than it was in a demo of their previous game, what hope is there!

👎

I'm quite annoyed too. But I really believe it's all a test run thus far. They've been constantly fixing it and changing a few technicalities here and there since it was released. I think we'll have a great Quick Match by the end of the year.

It's funny, I've been waiting here for 45 minutes and I have yet to play a game. There are network errors and all sorts constantly. I was really looking forward to this as I find myself lacking in the car department and tuning cars. All things equal, I would have been able to see how good I really was in races.

Just had two fairly good quick matches in the 500PP race. Chose the NSX because it was the fastest in GT5:P and I knew it'd be the fastest here :sly:

Race 1: Started on Pole, fell back to Second, regained the lead on a front straight pass and held on for the win easily.

Race 2: Started 6th (last), raced my way through the pack to Second, did my best to race cleanly until the end of lap 2, I had a good run off the last turn but the leader apparently had no intention of letting me by and was blocking all down the straight. Made it through the hair bin and was on the way up the hill at the kink when he braked a bit harder than I did, and I didn't necessarily make a grand effort to prepare for this and so I maybe kind of, sort of bumped him out of the way for the win again.

He messaged me asking if my brakes worked. I responded that he should allow a clean pass and those types of situations can be avoided when there's a faster car behind you.

Yeah I finally got to play two races. One was pure laggy because my internet can't handle 13 cars or so.

The next one I started second so I didn't have to suffer the crazy bashing around that would happen with lag in the midfield. I kept the lead for like 2 laps, then lost it, and three of us were going for the win. Then on the exit of the second last corner, the guy in second decided to put me in the gravel. Then I flicked on the F1 show...

I have been in about 16 or so races, there have been very few dirty drivers, and I've only had one disconnect, and my connection is 🤬. Every race has had between a .05 and 1.5 seconds gap between 1st and 2nd. And the drivers are clean, everyone is very aggressive though for the first half lap, but I think this is due to the fact than the races are 4:55.00 +/- 2-3 seconds in length. If the races were 15 minutes long and had a qualifying run. I think the race would be a lot less aggressive, maybe add damage to expert mode, and a random or track vote after every race. And bam. Online has finally been perfected.

Having some good races in the 600PP today. Half of them have been very clean and lots of racing room giving when necessary. The wins haven't come easy but the top 3 - 4 cars have been very close.

Everytime I go into an event, the countdown starts. When it reaches zero, the countdown just resets and the race does not start.

What's going on?

I've run 20+ races as KOR_Kaine in the Expert GT500 event in the Eneos SC430, and overall the experience has been very good. There is a lot of contact early on, but not as much childish ramming as I expected, even when I start or fall to the back of the pack. I've been rammed from the back under braking and pushed off the final straight when challenging for the win, but in a room full of randoms I'm not expecting GTPlanet-level cleanliness. I'll readily admit to struggling in the braking zones and delivering a few unintended taps and bumps myself-it's hard to judge the braking when you've picked up speed from drafting, and the cars PD have selected are quite close in performance.

The ghosting is working quite well when 2 cars are attempting to occupy the same space, especially if one driver has made an error and is moving back on the track. I'd like to see penalties for running wide on several corners, but that's a double-edged sword as I'd hate to get penalized for being pushed wide.

I have had a few disconnects and some odd moments-last night I was on track at the start of the race, but not in my car (!). I couldn't exit the room until I disconnected myself from the server. No 45 minute waits without racing though.

The Eneos is mostly competitive with the other cars, but I've yet to win in it-many races I've entered the final corner leading, but any car behind me can draft past before the finish even when I nail the final corner. I'd love to try it with a a shorter 3rd gear, or taller 2nd.

I'm looking forward to these events, hopefully PD will change things up every couple weeks for variety and make a few tweaks to the format to smooth out the loading and matching process.

Not a fan. Buggy network connections and when I finally get to race there is usually bunch ramming/dive bombing idiots.

I've run 20+ races as KOR_Kaine in the Expert GT500 event in the Eneos SC430, and overall the experience has been very good. There is a lot of contact early on, but not as much childish ramming as I expected, even when I start or fall to the back of the pack. I've been rammed from the back under braking and pushed off the final straight when challenging for the win, but in a room full of randoms I'm not expecting GTPlanet-level cleanliness. I'll readily admit to struggling in the braking zones and delivering a few unintended taps and bumps myself-it's hard to judge the braking when you've picked up speed from drafting, and the cars PD have selected are quite close in performance.

The ghosting is working quite well when 2 cars are attempting to occupy the same space, especially if one driver has made an error and is moving back on the track. I'd like to see penalties for running wide on several corners, but that's a double-edged sword as I'd hate to get penalized for being pushed wide.

I have had a few disconnects and some odd moments-last night I was on track at the start of the race, but not in my car (!). I couldn't exit the room until I disconnected myself from the server. No 45 minute waits without racing though.

The Eneos is mostly competitive with the other cars, but I've yet to win in it-many races I've entered the final corner leading, but any car behind me can draft past before the finish even when I nail the final corner. I'd love to try it with a a shorter 3rd gear, or taller 2nd.

I'm looking forward to these events, hopefully PD will change things up every couple weeks for variety and make a few tweaks to the format to smooth out the loading and matching process.
You do get penalties when you get an advantage by doing it. I got several 8 second penalties from going too wide and gaining advantages, and several 5 second penalties from plowing into a pleb.

Just remember that going into turn one, you brake when the pit lane white lane goes from 45* to parallel to the racing line. And going into the chicane in sector 3, brake right at the sign over the track, or at the shadow it casts.

I love the Eneos, it really is lively and takes skill to handle vs just pointing and going in the other cars. The thing is, you don't want to be leading coming to the line. You want to be 2nd in the 3rd sector, then take a wide line in the final corner to get a massive run off the corner and then fight it out to the line.

The races can be pretty good but there is problems actually getting a race and then hoping for a stable connection that doesn't disconnect you. QM will be a great quick fix but at the moment it needs some fine tuning.

IMG_20140920_221313_zpsab618da4.jpg

Back