Quote/Conversation idea

United States
United States
MiuraSV777
Hello everyone, I just had a little idea. If it's already in GTPlanet, please let me know, because I couldn't find anything like this, yet.

My idea is to create a way to directly quote something into a conversation. For example, if you read somebody's post, but wanted to go more in-depth with it in a conversation, you could click a button that goes directly to the start a conversation page. Then, it would put that post straight into the conversation's text. I sometimes do something similar, by clicking 'reply', then copying and pasting the quote into a conversation, but I think it would be faster with the idea I had.

If you want me to clear anything up that I said, I will do so.

There's no functionality like that in the forum software, but you could always simply highlight the text you want to quote and copy it to your clipboard. Then, hit the quote button in the conversation editor and hit paste. That will eliminate the extra step of hitting the reply button.

Oh, I didn't realize that there was a quote button in the conversation editor. Thanks for clearing that up. 👍

Last edited:
Back