Race 07 for free on PC Gamer!

• Thread starter Venny_
  • 61 comments
Does it work..? it's a nice game and I would like to have it for free ;)

Edit: I tried it and it does work!

It gives you
-Race 07
-GTR Evolution
-Raceroom something

Last edited:
Wow, GTR Evo is probably the best expansion there is, that's awesome. It says you get RaceRoom: Racing Experience with the key, but... That's already free. I guess it's a promotional thing. I wonder if you get any free vRP (in game credit)?

Dude! Thanks! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

neema, the good thing is that F2P games (in my experience) never permanently stay in your games Library, they only stay there as long as you have them installed. By adding this key, RRRE is added to your library as if it was a normal, paid game, therefore it appears to stay there even after uninstalling. Meaningless stuff but still kinda cool.

Yeah, they have its multiplayer part, but I don't know how is it, I'll reserve myself to oflline racing until I get a wheel

Nice!

Do these games have multiplayer?
Just to clarify, only Race07 and GTRE have MP. RRRE doesn't.

Regarding time limits I don't think they have any. You get a legit CD-Key by doing this, so having a time limit to activate it would be like having a time limit to activate the CD-Key found on a retail copy. :)

Pretty sweet deal. Too bad I don't facebook.
I don't either, in fact I despise it, however having a fake account can be pretty useful. This is a prime example, another one is pages that require registration sometimes allow you to log into them via FB. Saves you from the hassle of registering with your e-mail if you don't want to. Even some Android apps that otherwise would require you register with them you can log with FB.

Just signed up to steam and verified the code shows up as retail ;) ... Whopping 14.3gb in case you didn't know. 100% legit

Now that you've all got it, check out nogripracing.com for some mods. Many of them are rFactor conversions, many of them have weird audio glitches (mainly just that engines make hardly any noise when free-revving (i.e. with the transmission in neutral)), but some of them are great; the True2Life (T2L) cars are generally awesome quality, there's a 300SEL Rote Sau in there somewhere and yeah, it's good stuff. Also, is the Formula RaceRoom now included in Race 07? I can't find the download for it anywhere so I guess it probably is. There's also another free piece of DLC in the Steam store in case that wasn't obvious.

I only installed Race 07 and Evo, 3GB in total.

Yeah me too, the 3rd thing is a free to play game which can be gotten any other time. I'm really looking forward to doing WTCC on the Macau Guia Circuit, one of the few if not only game that ever had that track on PC (hopefully it's in PCars).

I will eventually be looking for mods but want give the game a go stock first. I heard Race 07 and Evo are still revered titles.

I should have not bought the bundle last month, then again I don't have internet so it doesn't matter. Either for free it's a good deal, but for me it's a meh game.

P.S. cellphone.

Oh man how much I'd like to have a wheel right now, just to play this, it is not good with the keayboard!, what's the best cheapest wheel? the DFGT?

How much does it cost?

Oh man how much I'd like to have a wheel right now, just to play this, it is not good with the keayboard!, what's the best cheapest wheel? the DFGT?

How much does it cost?
Dude just cross over to San Ysidro and buy a DFGT! I think they go for $100 now. You won't regret it! It's a great first wheel to have.

This might be slightly off topic, but not really since it refers to my experience playing Race 07.

Can somebody explain what reverse FFB is? This setting is in the game. I tried to Google what it is, but all I get is how to enable it in certain games. I was fiddling around with wheel settings, and at first since I didn't know what this was so I just ignored it. I got to a point where the wheel was at least playable, but it was ridiculously light on center. I thought, well this is at least decent. But then when I was Googling reverse FFB, I saw someone post that if you use a G27 you must turn reverse FFB on for it to feel right. So I turned it on, and it instantly felt perfect.

This might be slightly off topic, but not really since it refers to my experience playing Race 07.

Can somebody explain what reverse FFB is? This setting is in the game. I tried to Google what it is, but all I get is how to enable it in certain games. I was fiddling around with wheel settings, and at first since I didn't know what this was so I just ignored it. I got to a point where the wheel was at least playable, but it was ridiculously light on center. I thought, well this is at least decent. But then when I was Googling reverse FFB, I saw someone post that if you use a G27 you must turn reverse FFB on for it to feel right. So I turned it on, and it instantly felt perfect.

Reversed (sometimes called inverted effects) will return the wheel back to center like a car. Other way is it will want to go left or right and pull away.

Last edited:
Anyone care to set up a GTP match? Too many people that got it for free think it handles like NFS.

Reversed (sometimes called inverted effects) will return the wheel back to center like a car. Other way is it will want to go left or right and pull away.

Why would anybody not want it reversed? And why is that even called 'reversed'? I'd have thought the wheel wanting to return to center would be what is natural.

Anyone care to set up a GTP match? Too many people that got it for free think it handles like NFS.

It handles nothing like NFS. For the brief few hours that I've played it so far, I think the physics and handling are the best in any sim I've ever played. I'm actually pretty surprised at how good this game feels.

The AI difficulty is a little strange though. They seem to qualify a lot better than they race. I tried a single race weekend on Pro difficulty and was only able to qualify 14th, but won the race without much difficulty.

Last edited:
Y'all said the magic word, FREE. I decided to get a steam account just for that! I will have to try these out, I'm not really out anything but some free time.

Back