[RACE][GTR2] RACE GTR2 Series - Porsche Cup - GTR2 mod released!

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,187 comments
Denmark
Upside-down in the final corner
rallymorten
RACE Porsche Cup banner.jpg

Welcome to the RACE GTR2 Porsche Cup, hosted on GTR2

Following in the footsteps of Formula B-Spec and GTPFS, prepare to take the role of team director in an adrenalin-fueled GT class race series driven by the AI using your cars!

Schedule

1: Jarama, Spain

2: Mugello, Italy

3: Hungaroring, Hungary

4: Mantorp Park Anderstorp, Sweden

5: Oran Park, Australia

6: Oulton Park, UK

7: Shanghai, China

8: Sonoma (Sears Point), USA

9: Suzuka Circuit, Japan

10: Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium

The Car

The car used is the Porsche 911 996 GT3-RS, powered by a flat-six boxer engine producing 450 bhp. Weighing in at 1100 kg, this car is a solid choice in most GT competitions.

Tyres

Tyres are provided by one of four suppliers. There is, however, literally no difference, they even look exactly the same.

Dunlop

Michelin

Pirelli

Yokohama

You are allowed to change tyre supplier twice throughout the season. If you wish to make use of it, you may alter your livery to adapt to the new tyres. Please note that this means replacing any decals of tyre suppliers only.

Liveries

In addition to your primary livery, you're allowed to run an alternate livery for up to two rounds of your own choice as well as a special livery for Spa-Francorchamps. The usual rules regarding behavior apply (no profanity, nudity etc.)

Your door number must use the "Times New Roman" font (bold) and must be size 48

The template is available in the "Attached Files" section of this post.

If you wish to use your secondary livery, you must make aware of that at least 24 hours prior to scheduled race start (this information will be published in due time)

Your primary livery must be in my hands before you can enter a race - the faster, the better.

Qualifying system

Qualifying is split into two rounds, Q1 and Q2.

In Q1, drivers are split into 2 groups of 15 cars. The fastest time set after a 10 minute period is counted. Their position in the individual groups do not matter (although the 5 fastest in group 1 can consider themselves safe). Group 1 consists of all drivers from the Valencia test, group 2 is the rest.

Q2 is split into 2x10 minutes, with the drivers' fastest lap time after both sessions counting towards their final starting position.

Points system

1: 30

2: 28

3: 26

4: 24

5: 22

6: 20

7: 18

8: 16

9: 14

10: 12

11: 10

12: 9

13: 8

14: 7

15: 6

16: 5

17: 4

18: 3

19: 2

20: 1

Video recording

Highlight videos of each race will be released within 7 days of the race unless otherwise noted. The races will be published to the RACE YouTube Channel and Facebook page.

Commentary will be featured on main race videos only. This does not necessarily include short videos, such as teasers, Fun Races and similar.

Due to personal schedule, off-weeks may occur once in a while. I will do my best to keep that to a minimum and may release other videos related to this to keep the boredom down.

Driver list, championship standings and signing up

Drivers list & Championship Standings

Completed events

November 22, 2014 - Test Week 1 - Valencia, Spain

November 29-30, 2014 - Test Week 2 - Watkins Glen, USA

December 6-7, 2014 - Test Week 3 - Adelaide, Australia

December 20-21, 2014 - Round 1 - Jarama, Spain

December 27-28, 2014 - Round 2 - Mugello, Italy

January 9-11, 2015 - Round 3 - Hungaroring, Hungary

January 16-18, 2015 - Round 4 - Mantorp Park Anderstorp, Sweden

January 23-25, 2015 - Round 5 - Oran Park, Australia

January 30-February 1, 2015 - Round 6 - Oulton Park, UK
(You had your will, @hsv)

February 6-8, 2015 - Round 7 - Shanghai, China

February 13-15, 2015 - Round 8 - Sonoma, USA

March sometime, 2015 - Round 9 - Suzuka, Japan

Next race

March sometime, 2015 - Round 10 - Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium

View attachment 249884
(lel ma pursh isin dis picthur)

Attachments

• Template (body) (psd).zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 69
  • Template.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 42
  • Template (body).png
    Template (body).png
    215.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
What's the limit on paint schemes?

Liveries

In addition to your primary livery, you're allowed to run an alternate livery for up to two rounds of your own choice as well as a special livery for Spa-Francorchamps. The usual rules regarding behavior apply (no profanity, nudity etc.)

Your door number must use the "Times New Roman" font (bold) and must be size 48

The template is available in the "Attached Files" section of this post.

If you wish to use your secondary livery, you must make aware of that at least 24 hours prior to scheduled race start (this information will be published in due time)

Your primary livery must be in my hands before you can enter a race - the faster, the better.​

:)

I see you have @Earth, but there is a minor problem: someone else signed up for #28 about 1.5 hours earlier.

If he's not willing to, is there another number I could move you to?

Reuploaded template folder, the body is now also available as .psd 👍

Note: the window template isn't really necessary unless you want to actually put something on, you know, the windows.

Now, when I say "I'll do my own livery", I don't have many tools to hand, so it might not be the greatest thing ever. :dopey:

hsv
Now, when I say "I'll do my own livery", I don't have many tools to hand, so it might not be the greatest thing ever. :dopey:

Well, mine's not exactly awesometacular either, but it's there and I'm quite satisfied with it :)

I see this is similar to what Nas is doing. #44 please

probably not going to edit too much. Also can't open the body template on my laptop btw. Could you post it as a picture here?

I see this is similar to what Nas is doing. #44 please

probably not going to edit too much. Also can't open the body template on my laptop btw. Could you post it as a picture here?

Well, they do share a little, yes :D

I can probably post it as a regular image, but it wouldn't be layered if so. Unless, of course, that is of minor priority?

I literally have nothing to do anything with, so nor do I.

Template is now available as unlayered .png 👍

I also have some file editing catching-up to do, this is very likely to be the fastest I've had more than 5 signups :lol:

Random fact: only 25% of the currently registered drivers have gone for other tyres than Michelin.

Nobody is currently using Yokohama or Dunlop (@Ninners)

Back