RaceRoom Racing Experience / DTM

United States
Germantown WI
FuzzyFassbender
FuzzyFassbender
Any chance to get a forum for R3E/DTM? Simbin is such a well known and respected racing sim developer and their latest and greatest is really starting to take shape. I have been testing their MP alpha WIP and as I understand the release is very soon. R3E/DTM is as far along in the development cycle as Assetto Corsa and pCARS.

Having a thread hid under Console and PC Gaming is not doing this game justice.

I understand I make not see the big picture in the management of GT Planet but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks

I am a RaceDepartment member and PM'ed Sonat (his suggestion and Simbin monitors all discussions) on there but I would think you could get some answers at:

r3e.support@simbin.com (not sure who monitors this address but they are not a huge company)
or
http://support.raceroomracingexperience.com (they accept support tickets for WIP Alpha feedback)

Thanks. I'm a member there also, but haven't really followed over there until recently. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks. I'm a member there also, but haven't really followed over there until recently. Thanks for the reply.
Then just follow the "Simbin Closed Beta Update" thread"

"Hey guys,

If some of you are interested in joining the test phase in WIP application and wasn't part of the previous Closed Beta period, feel free to PM me here and I'll send you a Steam key.

Same for friends. If you have some friends you would like to involve in the testing phase, feel free to PM me.

The more the merrier for testing :).
Last edited: Saturday at 07:45

Sonat Ozturk, Saturday at 07:37 Report"

Then just follow the "Simbin Closed Beta Update" thread"

"Hey guys,

If some of you are interested in joining the test phase in WIP application and wasn't part of the previous Closed Beta period, feel free to PM me here and I'll send you a Steam key.

Same for friends. If you have some friends you would like to involve in the testing phase, feel free to PM me.

The more the merrier for testing :).
Last edited: Saturday at 07:45

Sonat Ozturk, Saturday at 07:37 Report"

I sent him a PM a little while ago. Hopefully it works out. I have just about all content as i purchased over the easter sale. Been looking forward to actually using a lot of it.

I sent him a PM a little while ago. Hopefully it works out. I have just about all content as i purchased over the easter sale. Been looking forward to actually using a lot of it.
FYI, this WIP MP alpha is only the DTM cars so you can't use all of your R3E content. From what I understand Simbin will be release DTM 2014 with multiplayer first, and to current owners first, then R3E to follow at some point.

Once you install the alpha version the only thing that is available is from the DTM module.

FYI, this WIP MP alpha is only the DTM cars so you can't use all of your R3E content. From what I understand Simbin will be release DTM 2014 with multiplayer first, and to current owners first, then R3E to follow at some point.

Once you install the alpha version the only thing that is available is from the DTM module.

Thats cool with me as i had bought DTM also and really enjoyed it.

I'm happy to consider a forum, but as it stands now, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of activity or interest in the game's existing topic in the Gaming board.

I'm happy to consider a forum, but as it stands now, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of activity or interest in the game's existing topic in the Gaming board.

I understand, GT Planet is primarily a console gaming site. I do believe interest will pick up once the game gets further along in development and the upcoming multiplayer will be a big step forward. Also, the problem with the current thread, it's out of site and out of mind. The forum on RaceDepartment is starting to pick up steam.
I'm sure pCARS gets attention on here as they are releasing a console version but AC is PC only and seems to get quite a bit of activity - I would hope R3E/DTM would get similar attention but some are not convinced yet and it may take some time.

When is it set for release?

According to Simbin, opening the WIP MP alpha last week to more players was in hope of putting some stress on the servers/game for some late stage testing. From what I understand the 2014 DTM season and multiplayer will be released soon (possibly within weeks) for the 2013 DTM season owners, then multiplayer added to R3E shortly there after.

When is it set for release?
Hey Jordan, back in May of this year we had a conversation regarding a forum for Raceroom Racing Experience. At that time you thought there wasn't enough interest for a separate forum but I'm now wondering if you still have the same opinion. It is true there hasn't been much activity as most don't follow threads buried in a general forum.
FYI, with the latest released updates (5GB) S3 (formally Simbin) is starting to turn S3E into an excellent simulation - the traffic is dominating the RaceDepartment forums, more traffic than Assetto Corsa, pCARS, and others. I'm sure it wouldn't immediately take off with it's own forum but once the word gets out I believe the uninformed will start to take notice. And I own and enjoy all of the PC sims (and FM series, a little GT over the years on the consoles).

A "few" from RaceDepartment:
---------------
"This is fantastic stuff. Raceroom edging closer and closer to perfection.
Great car selection, amazing tracks and now really good physics."
---------------
"Well, after being 3 hours racing on DTM E '14, I only can say THANKS to Sector3, unbelievable improvement on the last 3 months, any game ever give me such level of immersion playing against the AI; I would be behind the wheel for hours, but my wife says I need some fresh air"
---------------
"Yes, it's amazing what they have done with this sim just over the last couple of months!
Imagine what it will be at this point next year!!"
---------------
"@@Heppsan so true... so true... I'm totally in love with this sim!"
---------------

A "few" from Steam:

---------------
"this is just about the best game i have ever tried and i have played almost every racegame since the 90- ties, only assetto corsa can compete with this"
----------------
"I feel compelled to write this;

I have been a gamer for a long time and I've always enjoyed driving games (anybody remember "Hard Driving"?) but I've not played a driving game on a PC for many years. When Assetto Corsa got my attention I bought a wheel (logitech G27) to accompany it. I've had some great races mainly online in AC.

The more I got into it the more I read about other driving games and R3E was constantly mentioned because of the sound. I'm a muscian so sound is very important to me and, in a racing game, it needs to be pretty accurate/enjoyable. R3E was free to try so I thought I'd give it a go. I've been playing for about 2 weeks now and I'm in love with this game. The sound is INCREDIBLE! Its still constantly impressing me all the time as I try new car/ track combinations.

It doesn't end there though. The AI is good. The tracks are fun to drive/challenging. The graphics are pretty good and the physics/feel are really great!

I've bought a lot of additional content and I'm enjoying it all. The WTCC is great (the sound of the Leon!!!). DTM 2014 is amazing!! Brands Hatch is my local track IRL so driving it is so much fun!

I'm running out of superlatives here lol. So yeh. A HUGE thanks to the devs. :)"
------------------

Thanks for listening (reading) :cheers:

Hey Jordan, back in May of this year we had a conversation regarding a forum for Raceroom Racing Experience. At that time you thought there wasn't enough interest for a separate forum but I'm now wondering if you still have the same opinion. It is true there hasn't been much activity as most don't follow threads buried in a general forum.
FYI, with the latest released updates (5GB) S3 (formally Simbin) is starting to turn S3E into an excellent simulation - the traffic is dominating the RaceDepartment forums, more traffic than Assetto Corsa, pCARS, and others. I'm sure it wouldn't immediately take off with it's own forum but once the word gets out I believe the uninformed will start to take notice. And I own and enjoy all of the PC sims (and FM series, a little GT over the years on the consoles).

A "few" from RaceDepartment:
---------------
"This is fantastic stuff. Raceroom edging closer and closer to perfection.
Great car selection, amazing tracks and now really good physics."
---------------
"Well, after being 3 hours racing on DTM E '14, I only can say THANKS to Sector3, unbelievable improvement on the last 3 months, any game ever give me such level of immersion playing against the AI; I would be behind the wheel for hours, but my wife says I need some fresh air"
---------------
"Yes, it's amazing what they have done with this sim just over the last couple of months!
Imagine what it will be at this point next year!!"
---------------
"@@Heppsan so true... so true... I'm totally in love with this sim!"
---------------

A "few" from Steam:

---------------
"this is just about the best game i have ever tried and i have played almost every racegame since the 90- ties, only assetto corsa can compete with this"
----------------
"I feel compelled to write this;

I have been a gamer for a long time and I've always enjoyed driving games (anybody remember "Hard Driving"?) but I've not played a driving game on a PC for many years. When Assetto Corsa got my attention I bought a wheel (logitech G27) to accompany it. I've had some great races mainly online in AC.

The more I got into it the more I read about other driving games and R3E was constantly mentioned because of the sound. I'm a muscian so sound is very important to me and, in a racing game, it needs to be pretty accurate/enjoyable. R3E was free to try so I thought I'd give it a go. I've been playing for about 2 weeks now and I'm in love with this game. The sound is INCREDIBLE! Its still constantly impressing me all the time as I try new car/ track combinations.

It doesn't end there though. The AI is good. The tracks are fun to drive/challenging. The graphics are pretty good and the physics/feel are really great!

I've bought a lot of additional content and I'm enjoying it all. The WTCC is great (the sound of the Leon!!!). DTM 2014 is amazing!! Brands Hatch is my local track IRL so driving it is so much fun!

I'm running out of superlatives here lol. So yeh. A HUGE thanks to the devs. :)"
------------------

Thanks for listening (reading) :cheers:

I agree with all posts. It is a very good sim. Would be nice to see it gets its own forum. I'd frequent it.

Back