RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments
Might be worth mentioning that they've got some discounts on right now. They gave me 1100vRP free a while back which I used to buy a few cars, I quite enjoyed them so I bought some more vRP (cheekily paying in roubles, but it's like 60% cheaper that way; 2000vRP for the price of 1100...) and got more stuff. I really like that they further discount a pack if you already own any of the content, I own 4% of the ADAC pack so it's down from 1800vRP to 1729 (I'm sure what I actually spent on that 4% was more than 71vRP, but less is less).

Having said that, I'm not really in a rush to buy any more stuff for it - I already have a GT3-class car so I don't feel the need to buy all those others too. I don't have the tracks though... I probably would be interested in them if the Nordschliefe was included, but it's not, so.
I checked my email and I noticed I got 800vRP, but it has expired. Wish I did notice it at the time, anyway tried to play this game on Friday but servers were down (My luck, first time trying to play game for probably over a year and it doesn't work :lol:).

Tried again on Saturday and noticed they have good competitions on. There is a time-attack event that is nearly a month long, luckily it has not ended yet and now less than 24 hours left. There doesn't seem to be many that play the game, quite a few fast people at the game though so will be hard to beat the people experienced at the game and won these events quite a few times already. I don't really know much about setup work and can't find any setups online so hard to know if I'm losing much time in that department and also you can't use other peoples ghosts on them events to see where you are losing time. Quite close at the top, I'm less than 3 tenths off, but know I've got potential to get pole if I nail a lap. Will be happy if I can get decent amount of vRP points to make up for missing out on the gift they gave a few months back.

Anyone find this game is similar to Grid Autosport physics?

I checked my email and I noticed I got 800vRP, but it has expired. Wish I did notice it at the time, anyway tried to play this game on Friday but servers were down (My luck, first time trying to play game for probably over a year and it doesn't work :lol:).

Tried again on Saturday and noticed they have good competitions on. There is a time-attack event that is nearly a month long, luckily it has not ended yet and now less than 24 hours left. There doesn't seem to be many that play the game, quite a few fast people at the game though so will be hard to beat the people experienced at the game and won these events quite a few times already. I don't really know much about setup work and can't find any setups online so hard to know if I'm losing much time in that department and also you can't use other peoples ghosts on them events to see where you are losing time. Quite close at the top, I'm less than 3 tenths off, but know I've got potential to get pole if I nail a lap. Will be happy if I can get decent amount of vRP points to make up for missing out on the gift they gave a few months back.

Anyone find this game is similar to Grid Autosport physics?
Not even close, I am surprised with your experience that you would think R3E and Grid resemble each other.
It could be that many aren't playing the competitions recently as the latest update added Multi and Single player (AI), improved FFB, and new road surface (some tracks, all very soon). There is a lot of R3E activity on Racedepartment - the vast majority think the game has risen to a new level. Some are saying the FFB and road are there with the best sims (me included after dialing in my TX) - again Grid Autosport is no where near a sim let alone R3E. I am sorry I purchased GAS, not that its a bad game, its not what I was looking for and just isn't in the category of AC, rFactor2, pCARS, R3E, or GSCE to name a few.
I don't know if any of the free competitions are utilizing any of the new update features/feel - I am sure they will be soon though.

Last edited:
It could be that many aren't playing the competitions recently as the latest update added Multi and Single player (AI), improved FFB, and new road surface (some tracks, all very soon). There is a lot of R3E activity on Racedepartment - the vast majority think the game has risen to a new level. Some are saying the FFB and road are there with the best sims (me included after dialing in my TX)

RRE has a great feeling once you dial in the ffb and get used to the slightly different handling. It has completely replaced AC in my racing. I now use AC only for drifting sessions.

It has many GT3 cars, great tracks and the best engine sounds I've ever heard in sims. If there's SLS close behind me I let him through, just so I can hear that glorious messerschmitt sound.

Not even close, I am surprised with your experience that you would think R3E and Grid resemble each other.
It could be that many aren't playing the competitions recently as the latest update added Multi and Single player (AI), improved FFB, and new road surface (some tracks, all very soon). There is a lot of R3E activity on Racedepartment - the vast majority think the game has risen to a new level. Some are saying the FFB and road are there with the best sims (me included after dialing in my TX) - again Grid Autosport is no where near a sim let alone R3E. I am sorry I purchased GAS, not that its a bad game, its not what I was looking for and just isn't in the category of AC, rFactor2, pCARS, R3E, or GSCE to name a few.
I don't know if any of the free competitions are utilizing any of the new update features/feel - I am sure they will be soon though.
I thought that was only a recent update while this competition has been going on for like nearly a month. Track I'm driving on has the updated RoadFeel technology. I personally find GAS to have better FFB feeling with G27 and similar kind of driving style to go quick and quite similar reactions when pushing the car.

Anyway will be playing again, aim is to get second spot but looks like it will be tricky to do, want to get as much vRP as possible as game has great sounds.

I thought that was only a recent update while this competition has been going on for like nearly a month. Track I'm driving on has the updated RoadFeel technology. I personally find GAS to have better FFB feeling with G27 and similar kind of driving style to go quick and quite similar reactions when pushing the car.

Anyway will be playing again, aim is to get second spot but looks like it will be tricky to do, want to get as much vRP as possible as game has great sounds.
"I personally find GAS to have better FFB feeling with G27" - that's the part that throws me the most. Don't get me wrong, everyone has their own preference and I am not about to tell you what you should like. But to me GAS doesn't have what I would call FFB, it's more of a rumble (I'm using a Thrustmaster TX), like I'm driving on a cobblestone road with a few other effects thrown in. I do know that there was specific G27 discussions on RD related to getting this wheel setup - there are a couple settings/effects that don't work well with the G27. Sector 3 hasn't finished tweaking and bug fixing, it is in beta afterall.
I don't drive in GAS like I would drive a real car, I "pitch" the car left/right when approaching corners, a very unique and strange technique but the game experience can be fun (the environments are great) but to each their own.
Again, it is just my opinion, GAS and R3E are night and day different; just look at the tuning options for instance, this is a clue to the focus:
upload_2014-9-14_10-46-7.png

upload_2014-9-14_10-46-43.png

I am very interested in this game, alltough I tried the free version and did not liked it that much because I dont like that track (and hillclimb is not my thing).

I am interested in the ADAC GT Masters pack but I am not sure what I get with it? Is it only cars and tracks? Or is there an championship included?

And also, can I use the tracks from the pack with other cars too? Or is it like in the DTM pack where you can only use DTM cars on that tracks?

EDIT: And can somebody explain me wich game GAS is?

A bit annoyed with myself for not playing the event earlier, watched football then got around to playing it late on. I only played about an hour or so in the end on this event which gave me a big points jump, shame as slightly less than a tenth improvement would have given me maximum points and I knew I had about 3-4 tenths left to get compared to my best sectors. Thought I had an extra hour but seemed the event got cut short. Played a bit of Zandvoort for about half an hour, quite fun keeping up near 2 and half second lead for a while, messed up a lap that could have made a 3 second lead which was annoying but got plenty of time on this event to improve.

"I personally find GAS to have better FFB feeling with G27" - that's the part that throws me the most. Don't get me wrong, everyone has their own preference and I am not about to tell you what you should like. But to me GAS doesn't have what I would call FFB, it's more of a rumble (I'm using a Thrustmaster TX), like I'm driving on a cobblestone road with a few other effects thrown in. I do know that there was specific G27 discussions on RD related to getting this wheel setup - there are a couple settings/effects that don't work well with the G27. Sector 3 hasn't finished tweaking and bug fixing, it is in beta afterall.
I don't drive in GAS like I would drive a real car, I "pitch" the car left/right when approaching corners, a very unique and strange technique but the game experience can be fun (the environments are great) but to each their own.
Again, it is just my opinion, GAS and R3E are night and day different; just look at the tuning options for instance, this is a clue to the focus:
View attachment 224194
View attachment 224195
It feels quite good the way the steering loads up, maybe it only feels good with G27 but as I got used to it I liked it more. GAS rewards smooth and precise driving to be fast. In terms of difficulty of driving to master, it seems very similar. Tuning while basic in GAS, it makes it just easier to change and with upgrades, you can do it in a bit finer detail compared to without upgrades.

@Sele1981 Grid Autosport

Hi all, I've just got this game and I'm experiencing a really weird wheel glitch - I set it up the way I like it and it felt great, but sometimes when I start the game the force feedback goes crazy strong and makes it really not to my liking. I sometimes have to restart the game or the computer to get it to go back to my settings. The settings all show up the way I set them up when going to the menu screen, but changing the settings does nothing, only resetting (sometimes many times) sorts it out. Anyone experienced similar and has anyone figured out how to stop it? I'm using DFGT by the way. Cheers in advance.

Hi all, I've just got this game and I'm experiencing a really weird wheel glitch - I set it up the way I like it and it felt great, but sometimes when I start the game the force feedback goes crazy strong and makes it really not to my liking. I sometimes have to restart the game or the computer to get it to go back to my settings. The settings all show up the way I set them up when going to the menu screen, but changing the settings does nothing, only resetting (sometimes many times) sorts it out. Anyone experienced similar and has anyone figured out how to stop it? I'm using DFGT by the way. Cheers in advance.
Seems like strange isssue, have you tried deleting your profile from My Documents\My Games\SimBin\ folder and starting again?

I ran into my first issue with the game since playing it recently and it was when I was trying to quit the game, it just refused to :lol:. Also on the latest challenge, on leaderboard during play seems to have some faster times for people than what is shown on actual leaderboard on website, maybe some issues but at least I got to claim back top spot off last Time Attack winner even though he might have a faster time. Current top 20 below on website:

2zq7db7.png

You are not the only one, I've read that from a couple of persons too.

Seems like strange isssue, have you tried deleting your profile from My Documents\My Games\SimBin\ folder and starting again?

I ran into my first issue with the game since playing it recently and it was when I was trying to quit the game, it just refused to :lol:. Also on the latest challenge, on leaderboard during play seems to have some faster times for people than what is shown on actual leaderboard on website, maybe some issues but at least I got to claim back top spot off last Time Attack winner even though he might have a faster time. Current top 20 below on website:

2zq7db7.png

Yeah there must be some problems. Ingame it shows me on position 280 and in the ranklist as on the image, it shows me on 210 lol. Just did about 10-15 laps and its my first time Zolder and first time RRE but damn, a gap of +10 seconds to #1 is crazy :crazy:

So I am usually a "one sim" only guy. I don´t like to switch my racing game (was almost playing 3 years only GT) because I get used to the physics and dont like to switch all the time. But since I got the PC, I tried a couple of sims. My big love is/was Assetto Corsa. But after trying RRE, I must say, it is damn good. I bought the GT Masters package. The GT3 cars have strange (worse) brakes. Especially in comparison to AC. But when you get used to it, it is a lot of fun. RRE has great potential. The FFB is freaking great. I thought AC is awesome but RRE is a milestone in FFB. Coming from GT and PS3, it looks like every FFB in any PC title is a blast in comparison to GT. The graphics are not the best in RRE.

After 3 hrs of RRE, switched to AC. And it was not hard to adapt back to the physics. At the moment AC still more feels "home".

Yeah there must be some problems. Ingame it shows me on position 280 and in the ranklist as on the image, it shows me on 210 lol. Just did about 10-15 laps and its my first time Zolder and first time RRE but damn, a gap of +10 seconds to #1 is crazy :crazy:

So I am usually a "one sim" only guy. I don´t like to switch my racing game (was almost playing 3 years only GT) because I get used to the physics and dont like to switch all the time. But since I got the PC, I tried a couple of sims. My big love is/was Assetto Corsa. But after trying RRE, I must say, it is damn good. I bought the GT Masters package. The GT3 cars have strange (worse) brakes. Especially in comparison to AC. But when you get used to it, it is a lot of fun. RRE has great potential. The FFB is freaking great. I thought AC is awesome but RRE is a milestone in FFB. Coming from GT and PS3, it looks like every FFB in any PC title is a blast in comparison to GT. The graphics are not the best in RRE.

After 3 hrs of RRE, switched to AC. And it was not hard to adapt back to the physics. At the moment AC still more feels "home".
You mean Zandvoort instead of Zolder? First time I played game I think I was fastest on whatever leaderboard they had at time and new track to me so was surprised with that, after not playing this game for over a year, I'm still surprised I can be 1st or compete for it especially without knowing much about car setups. Game is quite forgiving so you can push a lot, you might make up a lot of time by being more aggressive by braking later and also getting on throttle harder.

I am playing GT for many years but I like switching between more or less most of sim / driving games out there, usually takes a few laps to adjust but quite interesting to see how all these games differ while trying to replicate the same thing. pCARS has great FFB but depends on the car quite a bit and maybe steering wheel but hopefully by release all cars will feel awesome to drive. GT6 feels quite good with some of the race cars with G27 but I think it will feel much better with the Thrustmaster wheels.

You mean Zandvoort instead of Zolder? First time I played game I think I was fastest on whatever leaderboard they had at time and new track to me so was surprised with that, after not playing this game for over a year, I'm still surprised I can be 1st or compete for it especially without knowing much about car setups. Game is quite forgiving so you can push a lot, you might make up a lot of time by being more aggressive by braking later and also getting on throttle harder.

I am playing GT for many years but I like switching between more or less most of sim / driving games out there, usually takes a few laps to adjust but quite interesting to see how all these games differ while trying to replicate the same thing. pCARS has great FFB but depends on the car quite a bit and maybe steering wheel but hopefully by release all cars will feel awesome to drive. GT6 feels quite good with some of the race cars with G27 but I think it will feel much better with the Thrustmaster wheels.

Yeah of course Zandvoort, sorry my mistake. Yeah the DTM cars are damn forgiving and so easy to drive (get real mode). But the Z4 GT3 is way harder to drive. I agree, every game feels so different, even though they try to simulate the real car. The Z4 GT3 feels nothing like in AC. A complete different car. In AC it is the easiest car to drive. In RRE it is one of the hardest (I tried just 4-5 cars yet).

Yeah of course Zandvoort, sorry my mistake. Yeah the DTM cars are damn forgiving and so easy to drive (get real mode). But the Z4 GT3 is way harder to drive. I agree, every game feels so different, even though they try to simulate the real car. The Z4 GT3 feels nothing like in AC. A complete different car. In AC it is the easiest car to drive. In RRE it is one of the hardest (I tried just 4-5 cars yet).
I think I've driven only 3 cars so far, will hopefully get to try the Z4 GT3 if I do get a decent prize from last time attack event. Just checked current one and I'm still surprised I'm top although by only 0.060 margin, I wonder if there is a glitch going on as I would have expected the fast times to show up by now.

@Saidur_Ali are you using a setup? I assume you are. I'm driving default and can only manage a 1.32.5 wich seems respectable, but going by your 1.30 there is alot of time for me to gain. I know my lap wasn't super clean, but it wasn't super sloppy either.

@Saidur_Ali are you using a setup? I assume you are. I'm driving default and can only manage a 1.32.5 wich seems respectable, but going by your 1.30 there is alot of time for me to gain. I know my lap wasn't super clean, but it wasn't super sloppy either.
I am using the setup below:

Setup.png

Credit to most of the setup goes to bobinativ for sharing this setup on Steam Community: Link

I haven't tried much tweaking so maybe more to get out of the setup. My lap wasn't that good from what I remember but just enough to get top spot at time, maybe another half a second faster is closer to the limit.

I am using the setup below:

View attachment 226392

Credit to most of the setup goes to bobinativ for sharing this setup on Steam Community: Link

I haven't tried much tweaking so maybe more to get out of the setup. My lap wasn't that good from what I remember but just enough to get top spot at time, maybe another half a second faster is closer to the limit.

Thanks alot. I will give that a try.

I just downloaded the game. When turning the wheel, it suddenly increases in resistance greatly, making steering very difficult and racing impossible. Anybody know a fix to this? I'm using a Fanatec CSW.

Not much of any support here for R3E/DTM, head on over to RaceDepartment as there is a very active group for all PC sims especially R3E since the latest updates, and a new update most likely coming tomorrow (was postponed from today). I don't have an answer for you, but I can't say I heard of this issue on the forums (and I'm using a TH TX).

Note, I asked for a forum for this game on GTP but the moderators don't think there would be enough interest. I understand their point of view, not complaining.

I just downloaded the game. When turning the wheel, it suddenly increases in resistance greatly, making steering very difficult and racing impossible. Anybody know a fix to this? I'm using a Fanatec CSW.

Lower the Lateral Force to around 50 or less. You can set that higher for FWD cars.

Btw: Changelog from last Update > http://steamcommunity.com/games/211500/announcements/detail/144438314135957410

All 5 WTCC cars in the new 5 time of day settings. Starting with sunrise.

These WTCC cars are a blast, and the AI races for me so far has been tough, the AI make mistakes, with a nice variation of slow and fast, not follow the leader on rails. I found I can race them hard, mix it up, trade some paint, without ending up in the weeds. Nice job Sector3!

Back