RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments
@Ak1504, the Carlson SLK 340 was sold as part of the hill climb pack, could you make a video of this car on one or both of the hill climb tracks... those are two of the most demanding and beautiful tracks. This car on the hill climb tracks is massive fun but a quite a handful!

Note, I did see your first video of the hill climb pack but I think that was just the promotional video.

Last edited:
A bit late but i have very limited time atm :(

Btw:

With the next Update for R3E you will be able to drive the DTM 2013 cars on all R3E tracks you own :)

"Store Update - Shopping Cart

With the next release the store will be updated with the long requested shopping cart functionality which will allow stacking up the items you like and check all items out at once. When you checkout your cart, you will only need to purchase the vRP's you need for that purchase, buying vRP packs is no longer a requirement.

Buying vRP packs is still an option and will give discounts up to 18%!

The shopping cart will be limited to contain only one content package at a time, this to allow your discount to be calculated correct. This limitation will hopefully be removed in future updates."

https://www.facebook.com/RaceRoomRacingExperience/posts/803959642993885?notif_t=notify_me

Hi all,

Can anyone here help me? I've recently bought the DTM Experience pack and I'm having trouble with the Championship mode. I finish race 1 at Hochenheim, it says it has saved championship progress, but if I exit and then return to championship mode it starts a new championship from the start. How do I continue with my old one? Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Can anyone here help me? I've recently bought the DTM Experience pack and I'm having trouble with the Championship mode. I finish race 1 at Hochenheim, it says it has saved championship progress, but if I exit and then return to championship mode it starts a new championship from the start. How do I continue with my old one? Thanks in advance.
For what its worth, the DTM championship has been working for me... not sure what's different with your setup or process (practice, qualify (1 or more), race settings, etc.).

Thanks Jordan, this racing sim deserves the attention! Sector 3 Studios (formerly Simbin) has been one of the most respected virtual racing developers, with some of their older titles still getting a lot of playing time (mostly in racing clubs). With the latest updates, this sim is getting most of the attention on some of the PC focused racing forums. It may not fair as well here with mostly console gamers but it's still good to see GT Planet recognize this title. While there is less coverage on GT Planet for the sims I prefer, GT Planet is still one of my favorite forums as it is so well organized and moderated.
R3E/DTM has become my favorite racing sim (at the moment) but I still split my time with Assetto Corsa, Game Stock Car Extreme, Project CARS and others to a lesser extent.

Note, in addition to RaceRoom Raceway and Lakeview Hillclimb tracks S3 just recently they added Portimao Circuit to their list of "free" tracks. In addition to the free cars, ANY car can be test driven.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/211500/

Simbin releases:

GTR - FIA GT, 2005
GT Legends, 2005
GTR 2 - FIA GT,2006
RACE - The Official WTCC, 2006
*RACE - Caterham expansion, 2007
RACE 07 - The Official WTCC, 2007 (expansions below)
*GTR Evolution, 2008
*STCC, 2008
*RACE On, 2009
*Formula Raceroom, 2011
*STCC 2, 2011
*GT Power Pack, 2011
*Retro Pack, 2011
*WTCC 2010 Pack, 2011
Race Pro, 2009 (Xbox 360)
Volvo – The Game, 2009
RaceRoom, 2010
Real-Time Racing, 2011
RaceRoom The Game 2, 2011
RACE Injection, 2011
RaceRoom Racing Experience, 2012
DTM Experience 2013, 2013

SimBin is now Sector 3 Studios
ADAC GT Masters Experience, 2014
WTCC 2013 Experience, 2014
DTM Experience 2014, November 2014

EDIT: No, I'm not affiliated with S3/Simbin in any way... just a old virtual racing gamer.

Last edited:
I won't care for it as long as it's using a F2P model.
Base game with full content for 40, "Experience" packs for 15 each and you have my interest.

Don't get me wrong, I could care less if an individual feels R3E/DTM is what they want in a racing game but it offers a lot as "free". 3 free tracks, 5 free cars, test drive of ANY car, and R3E hosts monthly hot-lap competitions with real prizes ranging from vRP to VIP tickets to a real ADAC Masters race or a new Fanatec wheel. If this free content is "too expensive" then don't buy (download) it :D

If F2P is a matter of principle, to each there own. I only post to inform my fellow sim racers.

Sadly, very few people play MP at any given time, so it's not exactly a lot to choose from. You have to go to a room with more than 5 people and that's usually 2-3 servers at most.

With DTM 2014 and later GT masters 2014, I hope it doesn't thin out even more.

I can't get it to recognize the DFGT. Hmm.
I don't have a DFGT (Thrustmaster TX here) but there are posts by some others (from search on RD) that seem to have that wheel working with R3E:

"I use the logitech DFGT, lowering the understeer setting to 15% helped alleviate the floaty feeling and light weight feel of the wheel in the turns, totally revived the driving feel for me, feels like a new experience for me. Wanted to share."

"
This game has it's very strong points, one of them
- absolutely fantastic "alive" tracks with superb lightning and great feel I have already mentioned in this thread. In this field it is undoubtedly nr 1 from sims currently available on the market.
- Another one would be sounds which for me are spectacular. Here I also hardly see any competition for RRRE.
- AI is strong point, but only in WTCC, I can race them having much fun from it and it can be quite demanding. On the other hand in ADAC I'm simply unable to complete single clear lap as I'm constantly beeing bounced off the track by them. It's bummer.
- Very good FFB, I have tons of fun with it and I own only Logi DFGT.
- This game is capable of creating very convincing atmosphere of the race and is great experience overall. I'm not an expert in car physics, but it seems fair enough for me and gives me decent driving experience"

Portimao 4 layouts
Lakeview Hill climb 2 layouts
RaceRoom Raceway 5 layouts

Saleen S7R
134 Judd V8
Aquila CR1 Sports GT
Canhard R52
DMD P20

+you can test drive all cars.
And use MP with the free cars/tracks.

Last edited:
Back