RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments
JvM
That would require typing.. way too much typing.. :)

-Suzuka
-GT cars
-open wheel cars (Iirc)

Way too much typing? :dopey:

Anyways, I meant to say when I first, finally saw those videos, that it looks good, but, I'm still waiting for BTCC/WTCC. That's what Simbin does best, in MY OWN opinion. Or, rather, it's the only racing series that's actually fun, in MY OWN opinion.

Like yesterday, from 6:00PM CET of today March 28th, until 6:00PM CET of tomorrow, Simbin allowed to run with the Ford Zakspeed Capri in the Autódromo Internacional do Algarve for both physics, Get Real an amateur.

2048x1152.resizedimage

The get real time trial competition at Monza is intense, this turns out to be a very interesting SIM.

Last edited:
The get real time trial competition at Monza is intense, this turns out to be a very interesting SIM.
I thought I'd try it soon as you mentioned it being intense. Managed to set up account today and also do a few laps for competition. Quite good prizes up for grabs. Anyway I found it quite boring, steering feedback felt a bit reversed which ruined feeling of traction. I didn't know what to do with setup so decided to do a few laps with stock settings. Managed to get to 11th position.

I then tried the one with 134 Judd V8 around Hockenheim GP circuit. That was quite boring too, they need to really fix track boundaries detection for that. I managed to get up to 18th place on that quite quickly. I thought there is not really much point on playing any more even though I was a few tenths of a prize position as it feels like you have to cheat your way there. Hopefully they reset leaderboards and fix detection for that combo.

I thought I'd try it soon as you mentioned it being intense. Managed to set up account today and also do a few laps for competition. Quite good prizes up for grabs. Anyway I found it quite boring, steering feedback felt a bit reversed which ruined feeling of traction. I didn't know what to do with setup so decided to do a few laps with stock settings. Managed to get to 11th position.

I then tried the one with 134 Judd V8 around Hockenheim GP circuit. That was quite boring too, they need to really fix track boundaries detection for that. I managed to get up to 18th place on that quite quickly. I thought there is not really much point on playing any more even though I was a few tenths of a prize position as it feels like you have to cheat your way there. Hopefully they reset leaderboards and fix detection for that combo.

Funny, definitely more intense for me than for you, I am 687 at the moment, far from 11, LOL.

There is a reverse on/off switch in the force feedback setting, it might help with the FFB feeling you mentioned. :)

I agree the 2 other competitions with the amateur setting is too arcade, even for me, LOL.
The price are not bad, since you are so close to the top without much effort, you might want to use your real name as it is a condition for claiming prizes.

It will be more interesting for you when they get to multiplayer.👍

Funny, definitely more intense for me than for you, I am 687 at the moment, far from 11, LOL.

There is a reverse on/off switch in the force feedback setting, it might help with the FFB feeling you mentioned. :)

I agree the 2 other competitions with the amateur setting is too arcade, even for me, LOL.
The price are not bad, since you are so close to the top without much effort, you might want to use your real name as it is a condition for claiming prizes.

It will be more interesting for you when they get to multiplayer.👍
Smooth is fast with this car, Variante Ascari chicane is the part I think you can make a lot of time although car behaviour seems quite strange through there and is quite harsh regarding track limits there. Quite funny when you go on Hockenheim one and see what they count as track in-game. It is definitely set correct regarding FFB direction, reverse makes it feel more reversed. It makes it hard to be confident to push regarding traction out of corners. I wonder if it is reason why car handles so strange and seems to have a very small window of performance. I took the traction control off but it did still feel arcadey though but at least got some more speed out of corners. Shame you can't do that on the other time trial, feels so restrictive.

Prizes seem quite good, I guess due to Simraceway being competition. I did use my real name, I think I should be able to get in reach of one of the prizes but at the moment it feels like you have to cheat to get it. I will see in a few weeks time if they decided to fix track boundaries although I don't think I would have any use for prize so might just leave it :lol:.

I would rather play Project CARS or Simraceway personally. I can get a feel that is reasonable in them games and they crash less too. Good to see RaceRoom crashes less than before though :lol:. They are getting there step by step at least. Only thing I like about it is sounds when braking for corner and going down the gears.

Okay, after seeing that awesome vid of the Ford GT in the News section, I decided to give it a try and downloaded this game.

And I have to say, I'm blown away

Since I have just a normal laptop with a GeForce 630, graphics are not thaaat good, but still okay.
The sounds are amazing... not only the engine sounds, also the other sounds a race car produces (Transmission whistle,...) are perfectly captured. Big 👍

It is free to play, but the content is very limited, for more content you have to pay...

Now share your experience with the game...
One question: Can I also use the clutch properly for shifting?

I tried it out via the private beta and then the public version, I can't believe how lacking it still is in features and content after all these months, still no real single player or multiplayer last I checked. The physics and sounds are great but when you have to buy everything individually you need something to do with them rather than just hotlap.

I think that they have live setups around Europe and one in California ( I live about 45 minutes away from it).

Video at Zandvoort looks tasty; I'm already very positive about Simbin after playing Race Pro 👍

Here's a geek question; is there a cheap PC that would be able to run this and PCARS when it comes out?
The more i read about these games, the more i feel like ditching consoles and joining the master race this year, but i want to keep my budget down also.

Gameplay of the RaceRoom Racing Experience, it's a lap at Hungaroring circuit with the Chevrolet Corvette C6R GT2 in Get Real Mode.

Haven't played Raceroom much over the past couple of months but had to give it a go since getting my new Thrustmaster TX wheel. Mostly been dialing things in with the 134 Judd V8 at Bathurst (KW Competition) but I have to say they are really starting to get their act together - the FFB, physics, sounds, graphics, and sense of speed are great! I am serious thinking of putting some money into this one but will most likely wait for multi-player or AI. In the mean time, what's there (free) is still some good fun for awhile.

Can anyone here point me to where the keyboard commands are for cameras in R3E?

I know most of them, they are the same as other SimBin titles and rFactor1/2. I've never found the one to go from any of the other views back to the cockpit view.

Thanks!

Can anyone here point me to where the keyboard commands are for cameras in R3E?

I know most of them, they are the same as other SimBin titles and rFactor1/2. I've never found the one to go from any of the other views back to the cockpit view.

Thanks!

Just V until you get to the wanted view...👍

Just V until you get to the wanted view...👍

Thank you ImmalovemaGTR!👍

Update: OK, so I tried the "V" key but nothing happened, it does nothing. I started to mash keys on the keyboard, turns out to be the "Insert" key that switches to driving cameras...just as in rFactor1/2. DOH!

Last edited:
I had DTM and "thought" I was having a blast until I found a Thrustmaster wheel tweaking thread over on RaceDepartment. My Thrustmaster TX now feels sooo much better, I can feel the at idle engine vibration from the GT2 Corvette (R3E), in addition to a more connected to the road - the cars have more weight. There was a review by someone at InsideSimRacing that listed one of his gripes as a lack of FFB/road feel - but he must not have had his wheel dialed in.
In addition to owning DTM, I proceeded to buy all R3E tracks and a couple more cars, the Easter 50% off sale came at a perfect time. Hot lapping in R3E has become so much more fun - hill-climb tracks are a rush!

I have to say my confidence in SimBin is returning, I think they are right up there with pCARS and Assetto Corsa for the most promising 2014 racing sims.

A few more DTM style add-ons and multiplayer will put this in the frame fully with the others. I know DTM 2014 and WTCC 2013 add-ons are coming and so is multiplayer, just hope its soon.

A few more DTM style add-ons and multiplayer will put this in the frame fully with the others. I know DTM 2014 and WTCC 2013 add-ons are coming and so is multiplayer, just hope its soon.

Im excited for multiplayer. I bought dtm and got all content during this sale for RRRE. I dont think it will be to long by whats been said on virtualR's website.

Gameplay of the RaceRoom Racing Experience, it's a replay of one lap at Bathurst circuit with the Audi R8 LMS Ultra in Get Real Mode.

Back