Racism in certain lobbies

If you are Japanese, just type Japanese and let them know you are Japanese. Just like this 「アメリカフラッグですけど日本人です。」 Done and done. Yes you can type Japanese with an American PS3.

I have an American account with the Star Spangled Banner, but I live in Japan with a Japanese GT6. I join Japanese rooms mostly because of latency, and when I join, I let them know I understand Japanese and I live in Japan. And if I'm lagging, I let them know to feel free and kick me. Once I started doing this, I never got kicked for racial/ethnic reasons.

I need to do all this, because they assume that foreign drivers will lag or drive dirty. The level of clean racing in Japanese rooms are astounding. Super high standards.

That doesn't mean the Japanese doesn't do dirty racing.
Dirty racing rooms are easy to spot. It'll say "Death race" (デスレース).

Just, introduce yourself in Japanese, be polite. Some even understand what "afk", "thx" and "gr" is.
(No intention to break AUP)

yeah, except you just get kicked as soon as they spot your flag

yeah, except you just get kicked as soon as they spot your flag

I take it you too have the ability to explain your circumstance perfectly in their home tongue?
Futile if we can't even get a chance:( Luckily that never happened to me.

or even more, change the flag to any custom flag logo (i meant non-national flags) so for example checkered flag or car logo or a custom made flag with your custom created logo. or just hide it.

So no one will do anything wrong against you (unless maybe they heard your accent).

So what if i used us account (i have one for ps4) then everyone will say **** to me. what if i used a uae account then everyone will insult me. what if.......what if.....etc in all cases, i will be insulted. what to do?
Why sony didn't make us able to change regions anytime not first time only?

Hint this: If you're in a lobby with mostly truck junkies, don't be surprised if you encounter racism.

I hope you're being sarcastic
Well at least for me it's nice to see my national flag on those TT LB's and it's also kinda fun to race whit people whit same nationality. But as you see I made this profile without nationality, here I like to represent only my self, or my internet alter ego in that matter. I mean I relly like to speek my mind and this way I don't have to worry about embarassing my whole nation by saying stupid stuff :lol: I mean I once made a pretty stupid remark while racing online and all af a sudden all skandinavians are arrogant :D I mean what the hell :lol:

Last edited:
I hope you're being sarcastic
Im not being sarcastic at all. Its not about national issues or anything like that. We have to know the country of the player because of lag/delay/latency issues. If they are so far away, problems happen. Living in Spain, I'd only allow western europeans on my own room, because of this issue.

People who dont understand how the internet works, think they can play with anyone in the world with no problem at all... this is not the case.

Not at all, flags must be there. we have to know the country of the online players.

For what reason? All nationalism does is divide humanity and lead to ignorance and fear.

Krishnamurti.jpg

I would vote for removing the flags entirely, except for maybe some GT-related flags :sly:

There are other ways of determining lag/delay/latency besides knowing someone's country of origin.

Last edited:
Wow. I think that whether racism or connection issues depends on the reply against you. The good ones will tell you whats happened and alert you for several minutes before booted.

Dont prejudge people who booted you immediately/for no reason. Maybe they didn't think of that.

Last edited:
For what reason? All nationalism does is divide humanity and lead to ignorance and fear.

Krishnamurti.jpg

I would vote for removing the flags entirely, except for maybe some GT-related flags :sly:

There are other ways of determining lag/delay/latency besides knowing someone's country of origin.
Read my other post :rolleyes:

You guys should stop talking about racism, nationalities and cultures, and start talking about DISTANCE and LATENCY

Remind me what ISIS stands for, and what their stated mission is? Blame them for anti-muslim sentiment before anyone charged with the task of protecting innocent citizens from the jihad.

Edit, and please don't wrongly accuse me of lumping all Muslims under the dark cloud of the radical terrorists. THEY are the ones professing to do this under Islam, not the George Bushes of the world.
Even though I'm Agnostic, I have family members that are Muslim and Iranian. I think you should know that even though many Iranians are Muslims, they OPPOSE the ISIS. In fact, Iran is doing a better job at attacking the ISIS than America. (We could continue somewhere else because it's getting off-topic).

Even though I'm Agnostic, I have family members that are Muslim and Iranian. I think you should know that even though many Iranians are Muslims, they OPPOSE the ISIS. In fact, Iran is doing a better job at attacking the ISIS than America. (We could continue somewhere else because it's getting off-topic).
Hahahha, yeah, I think there's plenty of forums in internet already discussing all sorts of moral and ethic dilemmas...

Im not being sarcastic at all. Its not about national issues or anything like that. We have to know the country of the player because of lag/delay/latency issues. If they are so far away, problems happen. Living in Spain, I'd only allow western europeans on my own room, because of this issue.

People who dont understand how the internet works, think they can play with anyone in the world with no problem at all... this is not the case.
That wont always work. I still run an Australian PSN living in tne Netherlands.

Hey guys, ain't there a way to make your PSN profile without nationality?? I mean I think I have seen a name on those TT LB's where there was no country, I mean there was a "flag" but wasn't any of flags I have ever seen and I think it was black and grey or something... I may remember wrong but that would be great if someone is actually getting too much crap about their nationality... Or if that is not possible, could you just pick up a flag, let say greenland flag or something, I mean there's like 60 000 people living there and it's so far a way from any place that I would imagine you'd had to be a complete moron to have some sort of reason to hate greenlanders :lol: I mean probably some greenlanders would get offended, but I don't really think that's an issue :D

Last edited:
That wont always work. I still run an Australian PSN living in tne Netherlands.
But cases like you are a very small minority. You point it out when you join a room, problem solved
ODB
Hey guys, ain't there a way to make your PSN profile without nationality?? I mean I think I have seen a name on those TT LB's where there was no country, I mean there was a "flag" but wasn't any of flags I have ever seen and I think it was black and grey or something... I may remember wrong but that would be great if someone is actually getting too much crap about their nationality...
I remember Ukraine players showing no flag in the players list / lounge, and when in the race, the flag did show. I dont know if its a game mistake or what

^^^
If there's a auto massage before entering and after leaving lobby like gt5 then it would be great
to point that out.

Racism is everywhere, I've seen much worse than some of the stories in here on other games, which I'd rather not share.

i'm sorry but isn't being a furry in some cases a sexual fetish,like infantilism?Please correct me if I'm wrong
What?

EDIT: oh ok i read some earlier post and i see what your taking about... but you are referencing an obscure and slightly off topic post a page and a half back without even quoting... a bit confusing. :dopey: :)

Last edited:

Doesn't seem right to me. This gents problem is that his identity is not having an identity so he's back where he started.

I really can't see that having an identity causes violence.

What causes violence and other problems is believing that those with a different identity are somehow worth less than you.

I don't think I've encountered either discrimination or racism while playing GT5/6 but it's hard to tell as there are so many people who crash into you for no reason at all.

Remind me what ISIS stands for, and what their stated mission is? Blame them for anti-muslim sentiment before anyone charged with the task of protecting innocent citizens from the jihad.

Edit, and please don't wrongly accuse me of lumping all Muslims under the dark cloud of the radical terrorists. THEY are the ones professing to do this under Islam, not the George Bushes of the world.

The George Bushes of the world are the ones professing the killing of innocent Palestinian's under 'pro-semitism'.

If you could be selective with who was in your lobby, by age for example, you would do it if it (on average) improved your gaming experience. There might be trends based on nationality that effect peoples gaming experience and if that's the case, it is entirely natural to discriminate based on nationality.

Unfortunately it still happens .... and will not end ... this is the reality

this weekend I had the opportunity to feel it on the skin, taking 6 consecutive kiks. (6!). it even happened in 6 rooms where writing was not "only" (OR BE A COUNTRY SPECIFIC) even in public rooms that the title says "welcome".

I understand the side of the host want to maintain a good quality in their lobby, due to different NAT's. but do not understand this extremist thought found in many lobbies. (If you do not want different nationalities in their lobbies, simply identify which nationality you want in your lobby.)

but, the most revolting and PD did not offer us a tool for users use against these racists.

I say this because the list of blocked and very small (think less than a 50 names you can add to the list of blocked). this is ridiculous and you have to delete a person (racist) to add another (racist).

I'm not talking about a list that is endless, just one where we can add to the list without having to delete the ones that are already in it.

PD you can not control racism, but you can give us tools for us to defend ourselves.

NOTE:

This happened in my account with nationality (BR), after changing account and go to the other (JP, USA) the same people who kicked me now in different rooms
act as if they had done nothing wrong and still invite me to (comp's, and racing) ......

Your flag does not say how much you are fast or consistent, but the ID or the person who is behind the PS3.

and this and a situation that is keeping me OFF of going online nowadays.

As more I play this game, the more I like my animals!

EDIT: Sony is responsible for blocked list.

Last edited:
Back