RALLY: Eiger Rallye 2012! By NGRRC (6 SPOTS LEFT) - JUNE 23 - 25

Canada
Waterloo Region
NFSGUY
picture.php

Hello all rally fans! It is the Eiger Rally 2012, hosted by NGR. This rally is, obviously, based on the Eiger Nordwand Trails on GT5. The rally will have 8 Special Stages, which goes for over 3 days. Though there is no exact date for the event, so stay tuned! We allow anyone from any country, so sign up!

REGULATIONS:
HP: 335
PP: Unlimited
Weight: 1,230 kg
TC: ON
ASM, AS, ARF: OFF
ABS: ON
Tire wear/fuel: ON
Grip: REAL
Mechanical Damage: HEAVY
Slipstream: WEAK

Dates of events:
DAY 1: June 9, at 13:30 EDT
DAY 2: June 10, at 15:00 EDT
DAY 3: June 11, at 18:30 EDT

It is mandatory that ALL participants are in the lobby for all three days (no, not overnight). If one is absent, he/she will be marked as RETIRED. He/she will NOT receive an award.

5 SPOTS LEFT!!!

Any rally car that is manufactured on 1990 or later are permitted. The competition will have: 12 drivers and co-driver (if they want).
CAR DIVISIONS:
In this rally, or NGRRC, we have divisions for cars.
WRCC 2000: Any WRC car manufactured in 2000 or later.
WRCC 1990: Any WRC car manufactured in 1990 to 1999.
GTRMRC: Any rally spec Gran Turismo Race modified car (Mitsubishi and Subaru)
The division with the most points wins 1 place in the NGRRC Divisions' Title.

This applies with drivers as well.

FULL DETAILS AVAILABLE AT: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=135HH7fTzFAZ1fvN8eCzV-p7ovVIy9WCbW9oq1kWaCtc

OR CONTACT ME. Document is updated almost everyday, so check it everyday.

We are currently hiring some people to support the Eiger Rally 2012. You do not necessarily need to participate. More info available on the document above.

WANTED:
Currently, we are looking for 2 people to be in the lobby of the event, for the three days. Those people will need to select 'Watch Race', when in the lobby. As for when I call someone to start, one of the two people watching MUST focus on the driver whose turn has started. The main job of this is to watch the driver, and look if he/she has done something considered as a penalty.
A reward will be given to those who help out. (Optional) The reward is ANY car from the Dealership (Premium), that is under 1,000,000cr.
If you're interested, please PM me!

NGRRC:
OFFICIAL DOCUMENT: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1qf4rb2U52OPsnkMPuMTQzZzOYAo3vkkFHHAnO7LQFkA

~ENDURANCEGUY

Last edited:
It sounds interesting, but I have a few questions:

1) Maybe the car-age restriction is a little too "new"? I'd personally drive the '99 Impreza, '99 Focus, '99 Lancer or even older models rather than the newer ones simply because of the looks, performances and the history these cars have. It's just a suggestion, but maybe a restriction to 1995 or later would be more fitting.

2) TCS is optional and not mandatory, right?

3) and most important: Do you have any day/time in mind?

Last edited:
It sounds interesting, but I have a few questions:

1) Maybe the car-age restriction is a little too "new"? I'd personally drive the '99 Impreza, '99 Focus, '99 Lancer or even older models rather than the newer ones simply because of the looks, performances and the history these cars have. It's just a suggestion, but maybe a restriction to 1995 or later would be more fitting.

2) TCS is optional and not mandatory, right?

3) and most important: Do you have any day/time in mind?

1): Ok, I will take that into consideration. Thanks for the idea.

2): Yes, TCS is optional. Why would I force that everyone uses TCS?

3): As I said on the thread, I'm still thinking about it. Though It think it will be around the end of May to early June. Probably on Saturday.
~ENDURANCEGUY

1): Ok, I will take that into consideration. Thanks for the idea.

2): Yes, TCS is optional. Why would I force that everyone uses TCS?

3): As I said on the thread, I'm still thinking about it. Though It think it will be around the end of May to early June. Probably on Saturday.
~ENDURANCEGUY

1) Ok, just in case you don't have the cars I mentioned, and others from that period, you can borrow some by me.

2) I don't know, it was just the way it was put on first post (TCS: ON) if you know what I mean.

3) OK 👍

Pace car? You mean the car that drives the stage before the rally cars do?

Pace car? You mean the car that drives the stage before the rally cars do?

The pace car in the rally pretty much marks the starting and ending of Special Stages. That is just that drivers concentrate on their time rather than worrying where the heck is the end of the Stage? :lol:
I'm currently hiring for one (JUST one), as I'm one too! (I host the race, play as the pace car, and mange the rally)
I've also updated the Google Document of the rally. Make sure you check it out, as it is updated constantly.
~ENDURANCEGUY

I just might know someone that will want to do this also, the person who also did this one:

rallymorten
I just might know someone that will want to do this also, the person who also did this one:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YVDcyvml2M&feature=g-user-c">YouTube Link</a>

How do you do a point to point race like that

ENDURANCEGUY
What do you mean by that? Sector to sector? Or 1 whole lap?
And rallymorten, are you participating in the rally?
~ENDURANCEGUY

Well do a race like in the video

Well do a race like in the video

Ok, you probably haven't checked out the document. But we are using different sectors of the tracks to make Special Stages out of them. Check the document if you are joining, and read it carefully!
~ENDURANCEGUY

ENDURANCEGUY
And rallymorten, are you participating in the rally?

Unless you want me to get up at midnight I'll be there with a '99 Impreza. Thank you for allowing them 👍

But just so you know it, the best chances for me racing is in un-even weekends

Last edited:
Ok. But I doubt it will be on a Friday, Nor midnight. But it will be in Monday, or Tuesday.
~ENDURANCEGUY

I've been asking my friend today, so let's leave a day or 2 for him to answer.

If this gets enough interest, do you think it could end in a full championship?

I've been asking my friend today, so let's leave a day or 2 for him to answer.

If this gets enough interest, do you think it could end in a full championship?

What do you mean by that?
~ENDURANCEGUY
P.S. Speaking about interest, why don't tell your friends about this!

Last edited:
ENDURANCEGUY
What do you mean by that?
~ENDURANCEGUY
P.S. Speaking about interest, why don't tell your friends about this!

I mean, if the Eiger Rally has enough interest, do you think it could lead to more rallies so it can become a championship?
And I am asking my friends

I mean, if the Eiger Rally has enough interest, do you think it could lead to more rallies so it can become a championship?
And I am asking my friends

Well, the idea I had when I created this rally was to have 2 rallies a year. Random tracks, that is. This winter, I'm planning to have a rally in Chamonix. So possibly the rally will turn into a championship soon.
~ENDURANCEGUY
P.S. I was aiming that other P.S. for others to see.

ENDURANCEGUY
P.S. I was aiming that other P.S. for others to see.

Oh, I see :lol:

Yes, could be fun to do a whole championship. Maybe not all like this one, but with track-generator courses (I've made a small WRC calendar with those, each rally consisting of 3 stages)

And just re-read the document, and I'm not complaining or anything, just asking if I get it right:
Wide angle drifts are no-no.
Wall collisions are no-no.
Flips are no-no.
I know it sais there will be penalties, but I'm just thinking, what if a driver purely accidentally just snatches a wall or by incident flips his car? Of course doing so on purpose is definitely a no-no, but things can happen, and I'm just asking if there will be "investigations" of the accidents that may be.

Last edited:
Oh, I see :lol:

Yes, could be fun to do a whole championship. Maybe not all like this one, but with track-generator courses (I've made a small WRC calendar with those, each rally consisting of 3 stages)

And just re-read the document, and I'm not complaining or anything, just asking if I get it right:
Wide angle drifts are no-no.
Wall collisions are no-no.
Flips are no-no.
I know it sais there will be penalties, but I'm just thinking, what if a driver purely accidentally just snatches a wall or by incident flips his car? Of course doing so on purpose is definitely a no-no, but things can happen, and I'm just asking if there will be "investigations" of the accidents that may be.

If that happens by accident, their penalty time will be the same. Kinda like the Gran Turismo Rally, it doesn't matter if you hit the wall on purpose or by accident. Plus, the wide angle drifts, is for turning early. So if you turn 1km before the corner, you'll get a penalty.
~ENDURANCEGUY

ENDURANCEGUY
If that happens by accident, their penalty time will be the same. Kinda like the Gran Turismo Rally, it doesn't matter if you hit the wall on purpose or by accident. Plus, the wide angle drifts, is for turning early. So if you turn 1km before the corner, you'll get a penalty.
~ENDURANCEGUY

OK.

And I don't have any response yet

And, speaking of Gran Turismo Rally, well, it is better than in GT4 and the previous ones, but still far from perfect, true story

Last edited:
And a quick note: Light touches to the wall will NOT be considered as a violation. As long you, and I, hear a big, lumpy THUD or CRASH, it's a penalty.
~ENDURANCEGUY

Do we run at our own days with a fellow competitor, and we submit out lap times before a deadline.

Do we run at our own days with a fellow competitor, and we submit out lap times before a deadline.

No. Some competitors might cheat and give a false time. This will happen over three days, in a lounge. I will be host of the lounge. Read the document for FULL details.
~ENDURANCEGUY

Got news for you, my friend has told me he is interested, but needs some time before he can say that he ,100% sure, will or will not drive

Hello all.

I am very interested in this event, it ignites sparks in me that have been long dormant and the time trial aspect is just perfect. I am yet to read the rules in full detail although I have two queries about this that I am struggling with:

The Eiger Rally 2012 run by NGR, is suppose and is to be an event that is as realistic as possible

...yes, perfect, but...

- Early turning (Turning too early, or long and wide turns. 5-30 seconds penalty, depending on length of turn)

- Excessive angles (The driver, somehow, has the car in an angle that is greater than 45 degrees. Penalty: 10 seconds/ Over 90 degrees: 30 seconds)

- Excessive use of handbrake (Driver uses the handbrake for a long period of time before sliding. Penalty given when driver holds on for more than 3 seconds. Penalty: 10 seconds)

Being a (VERY, VERY) long time rally fanatic I fail to understand these restrictions, please explain? - turning early, wide slip angles - these are both used in the process of dancing a rally car around certain bends/corners/junctions. Especially so when using the pendulum effect The art of it is keeping control - if you can't, you're gonna be slower than the person who can. This is penalty in itself.

...also, I struggle to understand how a co-driver could be employed with just one PS3 account - does this mean that it must be a friend physically sat in the same room?

Hello all.

I am very interested in this event, it ignites sparks in me that have been long dormant and the time trial aspect is just perfect. I am yet to read the rules in full detail although I have two queries about this that I am struggling with:

...yes, perfect, but...

Being a (VERY, VERY) long time rally fanatic I fail to understand these restrictions, please explain? - turning early, wide slip angles - these are both used in the process of dancing a rally car around certain bends/corners/junctions. Especially so when using the pendulum effect The art of it is keeping control - if you can't, you're gonna be slower than the person who can. This is penalty in itself.

...also, I struggle to understand how a co-driver could be employed with just one PS3 account - does this mean that it must be a friend physically sat in the same room?

Ok,, those are penalties. If you think they are abit much, just tell me and I'll see what I can do. Though the early turning means that if you turn UNUSUALLY early. AS for the wide slip angle, I'll change it to just over 90 degrees. For excessive use of handbrake, I find that some barely hold the handbrake for more than 2 sec. For the co-driver: Yes, if you WANT a co-driver, he/she must be physically be in the same room (house). Well, at least you read it carefully. Thanks a ton for picking those things out! Tell me if you have any more questions/concerns.
~ENDURANCEGUY

Thank you Endurance guy.

I will sign up for this event, I'll pick my ride after the weekend (do some testing).

In my opinion, those items above should not be penalised, since overly agressive driving will ultimately lsow people down anyway (or cause them to hit the barrier - which has understandable penalties).

During the event I will drive in the most realistic way (rally style), if any of this causes penalties then so be it. It just for fun.

Thanks for being compliable!

May I ask, is there a planned start date, or are we just waiting for a full entry list?

Thank you Endurance guy.

I will sign up for this event, I'll pick my ride after the weekend (do some testing).

In my opinion, those items above should not be penalised, since overly agressive driving will ultimately lsow people down anyway (or cause them to hit the barrier - which has understandable penalties).

During the event I will drive in the most realistic way (rally style), if any of this causes penalties then so be it. It just for fun.

Thanks for being compliable!

May I ask, is there a planned start date, or are we just waiting for a full entry list?

To start from above, I think it's good to see more interested drivers 👍

I tend to agree with your opinion on penalties, that some action cause natural penalties and therefore more penalties are not that necessary.

I don't know which cars you have, but I might be able to send you 1 or 2 standard cars if you're interested?

And as it sais on main post, there's no exact date yet, but I think he said he would try to make it during the summer holiday (as then times doen't matter as much as we've all got day-off)

And just to clarify, 1999 Impreza WRC is the Impreza Rally Car '99, just thought my name version sounded cooler :)

Last edited:
Back