Real GT5 Addicted Fans Group. GT5 Forever!!!

I will always be attached to my GT5 save - doesn't matter if I only dip into it even once a month. I lived with the darn thing for years. And years. So it has a lot of memories for me, a lot of time spent inside that strange little world, and whenever I get back into it I'm back right there, with all the heartaches connected with it, all the joys, and good and bad times, all the movies I have saved that I can watch, all the cars I fought with and hated, and cars I loved . . . . no, I'll never throw it away completely, and yes, I will visit GTPlanet's GT5 Forums on and off to keep a tab on what's going on with the other loyal (if somewhat demented) fans of the series.

We have to remember that not everybody here has GT6, and such people who have only GT5 to play will want to connect with fellow players.

Remember the older versions, and we had no where else to go but an online forum connected with the series?
I don't want to *koff mention names, but there were forums some of us lived in - way before online play came into being. GT forums were the only place we could connect to talk about and swap info and experiences.

How else did we find out about the stealth cars in GT4? Through a forum.

I bought GT5 last week. I didn't care one iota about the MP portion being dead (I have GT6 for that). GT5 does fill a niche that isn't filled in GT6, and that is single player completeness. I can play GT5 just like the gran turismo games of old, only with rendered interiors (albeit only for a couple hundred cars).
GT6 simply lacks out of the box, playable events. Seasonals don't cut it, I mean real time tested SP events, like GT1-GT5 had. And 24 minute endurance races, are you kidding me?
Oh yes, one more thing. GT5 2.11 FTW. I haven't been able to make hybrid cars since GT3, and GT5 (without the latest garbage patches) allows me to do just that. There is a lot more replayability in a racing game that allows you to experiment with engine swaps.

Many people skip over "all that" by proceeding to online racing quickly as possible to try and find out "how good" they are, endlessly seeking to compare themselves to others. Playing the game to death like this is where 90% of the entertainment & educational experience comes from. 👍

“The principle is competing against yourself. It's about self-improvement,
It's about becoming better than you were the day before” --Steve Young

I'm still playing GT5, and I'm even playing through the whole game! Also, I'm glad PD did the final maintenance, because if they didn't do it, an event like some people playing on the old Xbox online (probably Halo 2) for an extra month would probably happen. That would be boring.

does anybody know what number the 2.11 update is? im kinda bored of gt6 and now im gonna go back to gt5 and play with hybrids again. ive been missing these past few months.

I don't remember what number the update was on unfortunitly, I really wish someone would find a way to hybrid again on the current update so we won't have to downgrade just to swap engines and chassis.

does anybody know what number the 2.11 update is? im kinda bored of gt6 and now im gonna go back to gt5 and play with hybrids again. ive been missing these past few months.
Delete your GT5 install, when you reinstall go to 21 out of 26 updates.

Not that I've played GT5 since GT6 came out (too busy trying not to spin out once a lap), but GT5's physics in my opinion were the best of any game I've ever played. It's what kept me coming back for nearly 3 years. It just flowed so nicely. It was predictable. It felt realistic and alive, but never was it too hardcore. GTA V for example, you can hit a small pebble twice, same speed, same angle. First time, the car will hop over it, second time the car will flip and the driver's side wheel will become jammed. GT6, MR cars are more realistic. More fun? Not for me.

With the right set-up, any GT5 car could be driveable. You could tame an LP 640 and feel like a total hero. Yes, I am a Racing soft tyre user. I retain that it's fun on GT5. On GT6, it's more challenging depending on the car. The GT40 Mk I - on RS tyres, it's like watching your Dad dance. It's so awkward. So for that reason, GT5 still holds a special place in my game collection, along with Borderlands 1. Those are the two games I've spent the most time playing out of all of my games.

R.I.P, GT5 online, where I logged a good lot of hours of my time.

Not that I've played GT5 since GT6 came out (too busy trying not to spin out once a lap), but GT5's physics in my opinion were the best of any game I've ever played. It's what kept me coming back for nearly 3 years. It just flowed so nicely. It was predictable. It felt realistic and alive, but never was it too hardcore. GTA V for example, you can hit a small pebble twice, same speed, same angle. First time, the car will hop over it, second time the car will flip and the driver's side wheel will become jammed. GT6, MR cars are more realistic. More fun? Not for me.

With the right set-up, any GT5 car could be driveable. You could tame an LP 640 and feel like a total hero. Yes, I am a Racing soft tyre user. I retain that it's fun on GT5. On GT6, it's more challenging depending on the car. The GT40 Mk I - on RS tyres, it's like watching your Dad dance. It's so awkward. So for that reason, GT5 still holds a special place in my game collection, along with Borderlands 1. Those are the two games I've spent the most time playing out of all of my games.

R.I.P, GT5 online, where I logged a good lot of hours of my time.

I played it so many hours a day, i missed it so much
i see your comment about tyres, i have 2 racing series, one is a one make no tuning with racing tyres, the second is a series using touring cars, if your interested let me know. It's sad logging onto GT5 and having limited content

I played it so many hours a day, i missed it so much
i see your comment about tyres, i have 2 racing series, one is a one make no tuning with racing tyres, the second is a series using touring cars, if your interested let me know. It's sad logging onto GT5 and having limited content
Cheers for the offer though I don't tend to do races. I prefer to just set my cars up and hot lap with a few friends. Thanks anyway!

Actually I want to play them on my 4. My 3 is an 80gb fatty. It'll play some 2's, but not all. It'll run gt2, but I'm hoping the PS NOW will have old games ported with slightly improved graphics.

Despite owning GT5 since near-release, I only just tried out the Driver Face-Tracking with PlayStation Eye a few days ago. It's AMAZING! I want this feature in GT6, and if it worked in races I'd probably use it almost all the time.

Last edited:
whats that mate?

What, Driver Face Tracking? (or head tracking, or whatever it's called) Well, if you have a PlayStation Eye Camera, you can turn on head tracking in GT5's options, and then you can look around in cockpit view by turning your head, it's tricky to get the settings right and it doesn't work as well as it could, but it's a really great feature that adds a lot to the experience.

Last edited:
Now that I finally learned how to tune MR race cars to behave like real MR race cars, a lame server down won't stop my fun. Expecially considering GT6 MR cars physics is bugged.
For competitive races there's always the (no longer) secret menu.

Back