Real GT5 Addicted Fans Group. GT5 Forever!!!

GT6 did not take long to complete, so I came back to GT5, and lo and behold, I've found it's a better game. The menus are more eventful - classier, more flair and polish in them. The single-player takes longer. The UCD is as charming a concept as it is silly. I love the menu and how it has those 3D scenes - your pit-crew working on your car, the detailed clip of an engine idling, the abstract city with the CR-Z driving about. There are far more Special Events, and they are more interesting.

It just feels more complete and like they spent more time on it - if you exclude the Standard cars, the overall feel of the game is one of polish and quality. GT6 feels like an empty shell of a game - probably because it is. It also feels like a bit of a cash-grab to fulfil the "two games per gen" rule they seem to be sticking to. GT6 also doesn't feel like a proper Gran Turismo, possibly because it's lighter, smaller, and more sensible. It doesn't feel like a slightly goofy, epic odyssey into the world of cars like GT5 does - it just feels like a racing game.

GT6 did not take long to complete, so I came back to GT5, and lo and behold, I've found it's a better game. The menus are more eventful - classier, more flair and polish in them. The single-player takes longer. The UCD is as charming a concept as it is silly. I love the menu and how it has those 3D scenes - your pit-crew working on your car, the detailed clip of an engine idling, the abstract city with the CR-Z driving about. There are far more Special Events, and they are more interesting.

It just feels more complete and like they spent more time on it - if you exclude the Standard cars, the overall feel of the game is one of polish and quality. GT6 feels like an empty shell of a game - probably because it is. It also feels like a bit of a cash-grab to fulfil the "two games per gen" rule they seem to be sticking to. GT6 also doesn't feel like a proper Gran Turismo, possibly because it's lighter, smaller, and more sensible. It doesn't feel like a slightly goofy, epic odyssey into the world of cars like GT5 does - it just feels like a racing game.
These are the words I could not find :)

I don't say that GT6 is a bad game... But it does not have the Gran Turismo feel.

The only thing I've been doing with GT5 is watching the game demo, there's just not enough eye candy in GT6.

:dopey: :D 👍

BSpec is extremly boring however. And races lack variety
Well it is good if you are doing an easy race for credits, I used to do the B Spec Seasonals a lot to grind for credits. However since we have save editors, I don't do them anymore.

I hope that they improve BSpec and make it better. They need to make races where you command a full team with realistic mistakes. Not slowing down by 20 % after 2nd lap just to let others catch up. In short, make BSpec AI not lose deliberately. And I'm ate fourth stage with races and I still didn't saw a single raindrop or night (besides SSR 5)

I will always be attached to my GT5 save - doesn't matter if I only dip into it even once a month. I lived with the darn thing for years. And years. So it has a lot of memories for me, a lot of time spent inside that strange little world, and whenever I get back into it I'm back right there, with all the heartaches connected with it, all the joys, and good and bad times, all the movies I have saved that I can watch, all the cars I fought with and hated, and cars I loved . . . . no, I'll never throw it away completely, and yes, I will visit GTPlanet's GT5 Forums on and off to keep a tab on what's going on with the other loyal (if somewhat demented) fans of the series.

We have to remember that not everybody here has GT6, and such people who have only GT5 to play will want to connect with fellow players.

Remember the older versions, and we had no where else to go but an online forum connected with the series?
I don't want to *koff mention names, but there were forums some of us lived in - way before online play came into being. GT forums were the only place we could connect to talk about and swap info and experiences.

How else did we find out about the stealth cars in GT4? Through a forum.

Sounds like you were in my head when you wrote this. I too remember fondly those days when I was excited to get off work on a Friday with no other plans with the missus and could go get lost in GT5 for hours and days. Sometimes it was mind numbing all those laps around Tsukuba, Grand Valley, and of course the 2 big boys of Le Mans and The Green Hell.

I'm currently on my 5th go through I think and while it gets a bit tedious working through the expert and extreme series, there's still some kind of joy in finishing a championship with that silly song playing and the gold trophy spinning around. Plus now with the game off line, there are some things you can't do--like win a lot of credits! This makes it a lot more of a challenge which is kind of cool actually--you feel more like you've earned that car you had to buy and tune to the max (I'm looking at you ZR-1 RM '09). Or shop at the online dealer (hope you can still get a FGT?). Or get a couple of the "share" trophies.

Still, it's fun and still hard as hell in those areas like some license tests and a few of the special challenges. But I'm forging on, currently at levels 21 on both. It's hard to make money now!

Sounds like you were in my head when you wrote this. I too remember fondly those days when I was excited to get off work on a Friday with no other plans with the missus and could go get lost in GT5 for hours and days. Sometimes it was mind numbing all those laps around Tsukuba, Grand Valley, and of course the 2 big boys of Le Mans and The Green Hell.

This happened with me, too - wife and two boys would take off for the weekend, and I would be left to my own shenanigans - good times, GT5 (as well as a couple of other driving games) to keep me company - as well as a couple of forums to visit and share info and learn about stuff I never knew about.

It is hard to make money without the Online buffet - however the Bobs help out a lot. I treat GT5 as a compleat game now - something I can always go back to and play - with a full complement of cars and tracks; at least more than enough to keep me occupied for hours.

I don't regret buying the game, or having spent time developing my gamesave to what it is right now.
I can plug and play anytime.

:cheers:

Luckily I got a bunch of good stuff before the servers got closed down. I still play it every now and then like my other GT games

I'm still playing it. It's right now my mission to 100% GT5. Because the game messed up while I was downgrading it, I had to delete my save. (You won't realize how painful this is unless you had 1000+ cars, having won many events and credits etc.) Since yesterday I managed to reach A-spec level 18.

What, Driver Face Tracking? (or head tracking, or whatever it's called) Well, if you have a PlayStation Eye Camera, you can *snip!*

Wow I have to get this!

I'm also sticking with GT5, for too many reasons to list here, but basically I screwed up and fell too far behind the rest of the GT world. I'm going to get GT7 and a PS4 when that comes out, hopefully by then I'll be done with 5.

Another reason to love GT5 - Snow Rally stages! I keep going back to the Special "Snow Master" stuff, really fun random action that is all improvisation. Whenever I need a break from lapping the 'Ring, it's off to Alaska :)

Here's my mini-rant: Last time I tried GT6 again the physics actually made me angry right away. Sadly, Assetto Corsa does the same thing now (well that and the game never seemed to become complete even months after "final release candidate" status). GT5 just reacts like a real car, at least to me - it's snappy and grip comes and goes more urgently like a real car. I think I actually got slower at the kart track or in F2000 cars while I was playing GT6 and AC. I was quickest when I was playing GT5 and it took some adjustment when I went back to it - you have to have much quicker reactions instead of always waiting around for the car to catch up with your inputs. Hell, my first time taking the FGT around the 'Ring again, felt like I was driving the X2011 at first. Oh no, is my old brain getting slower? No, that's just the lethargic physics of the other games you're used to. It'll come back with practice. All that is on top of GT5 just being a better experience overall, a feeling of eventfulness, you know? And as others have said, I love the aspects of goofiness too.

I do still have a tray-loading PS2 and occasionally go back to GT4 for some nostalgic fun - but the handling is a little annoying in that it's hard to get oversteer, mostly it's a lot of understeer and you just nail the throttle to make the car stick and rotate. But I actually like how much more stark the Nordschleife looks and the sound of the GT40 is better in GT4. I think I like the FGT sound better in GT4 also. But it's better driving physics in GT5 for sure. And on my 39" screen GT4's graphics are a challenge ;)

Another reason to love GT5 - Snow Rally stages! I keep going back to the Special "Snow Master" stuff, really fun random action that is all improvisation. Whenever I need a break from lapping the 'Ring, it's off to Alaska :)

Here's my mini-rant: Last time I tried GT6 again the physics actually made me angry right away. Sadly, Assetto Corsa does the same thing now (well that and the game never seemed to become complete even months after "final release candidate" status). GT5 just reacts like a real car, at least to me - it's snappy and grip comes and goes more urgently like a real car. I think I actually got slower at the kart track or in F2000 cars while I was playing GT6 and AC. I was quickest when I was playing GT5 and it took some adjustment when I went back to it - you have to have much quicker reactions instead of always waiting around for the car to catch up with your inputs. Hell, my first time taking the FGT around the 'Ring again, felt like I was driving the X2011 at first. Oh no, is my old brain getting slower? No, that's just the lethargic physics of the other games you're used to. It'll come back with practice. All that is on top of GT5 just being a better experience overall, a feeling of eventfulness, you know? And as others have said, I love the aspects of goofiness too.

I do still have a tray-loading PS2 and occasionally go back to GT4 for some nostalgic fun - but the handling is a little annoying in that it's hard to get oversteer, mostly it's a lot of understeer and you just nail the throttle to make the car stick and rotate. But I actually like how much more stark the Nordschleife looks and the sound of the GT40 is better in GT4. I think I like the FGT sound better in GT4 also. But it's better driving physics in GT5 for sure. And on my 39" screen GT4's graphics are a challenge ;)
Having now running an FGT series on GT6 I have to say i'm extremely disappointed. The FGT car in GT5 wasn't bad. Despite not enjoying that aspect og racing on the game I loved the Ferrari F1 car. However the FGT in GT6 is just terrible.

I attempted the vettel challenge again and it just annoyed me :lol:

I do still have a tray-loading PS2 and occasionally go back to GT4 for some nostalgic fun - but the handling is a little annoying in that it's hard to get oversteer, mostly it's a lot of understeer and you just nail the throttle to make the car stick and rotate.

Yeah, GT4 is sooo bad with physics on a lot of cars. Drifting, and oversteer in general, is so much more fluid and satisfying in GT5. Perhaps this is why I'm still so much in love with 5.

The thing I hated most about 4 is the way many FR cars would feel like their rears start to step out.... so I'd say "COol, I can get a little sideways here, have a little fun". But no, 90% of the time, if I tried to countersteer and get a playful drift going, the front-end would grab way too forcefully in the countersteer direction, and then the rear-end would often snap-back as some throttle was forced, causing the car to lose it composure, or even spin.! :mad:

That's why when I first tried 5, I was happy to have oversteer back under my command. Well, most of the time, anyways.

Last edited:
Surprised nobody has mentioned this but I actually think the lighting in 5 is better than in 6. Some of the photomode stuff is just awful in 6 compared to 5.

And don't even get me started on the still jacked up interior view lighting in 6.

Last edited:
Hey, maybe you guys can help me out. I just fired up GT-5 again, and found I had to start from scratch. Different hard drive. Anyway, my first car is an 86GT Toyota. Problem is, I cannot figure out how to reduce the weight on this or any cars. I go to the Body/Chassis in settings and there is provision for shifting ballast, but no way to effect weight reduction ,Stage 1,2,and 3.
Did they take this out, or I am I just having a senior moment or three?

Thanks Pete

Oh, the other thing I want to do is to change my race name on the race board. Instead of my name, which is what I want, the game is using my PSN log-in handle, SkypilotRV4. This looks funny when the race results show up and every other A.I racer has a "normal" name.

Thanks guys.
I hear you about GT-6, The fun seems to be gone there. In Gt-5, I can have fun washing my car or changing the oil, GLUG GLUG GLUG!

I'm kinda surprised that the game allows me to use an SRT 8 Charger T.C. in Clubman races though. A bit ridiculous when you can pass the whole field before the hairpin at Tsukuba?!?!
I actually lapped half the field in 5 laps,LOL.
Cheers,

Last edited:
I've been playing GT5 recently to build my credits back up. The most fun way to do it is the dream car championship. Probably not the best way to make money tho. I started with 4 million credits and I've worked up to 7.3 million now after a few days.

hy guys i think im pretty much fan i never played gt 5 online and i have 150 cars 5 of them are over 20000000 $ i have 90% premium cars fully tuned.bought all dlc-s.i started playing it 2013 and i will never stop.iv played gt6 but in it there s no magic like in gt5.gt 5 isnt just a game it is something unexplainable ,it is something... there s no word for that.gt 5 forever.real fans continue writing on this thread.

GT5 is the best sim on PS3. Nuff said.

I remember racing a 16 car field of F1's around SSR5 (weird) but we all crashed.
My scariest experience was racing the R89C on like the wind in bumper cam and beating the toyota minolta by 0.004 sec.
My most annoying experience was racing on the N24hrs when somebody sent me a friend request and froze the game.

GT5 is awesome!!!

Started playing GT5 again since I got GT6 when released. The game feels more fun than 6. Played it soo much when it came out and when I go back it's the same.

Back