Removing posts

I have an idea. Can we make this thread into the "Request Delete" thread? It would be benefical to the accidental double posts and also more moderated.

I have an idea. Can we make this thread into the "Request Delete" thread? It would be benefical to the accidental double posts and also more moderated.

Just tag a mod or report your own post with a deletion request? I guess that'd be easier to manage, especially as I suspect a lot of people don't look in this part of the forum (I may be wrong though :D )

In the case of what @GranTurismo916 did here, namely requesting numerous posts in one thread deleted to clean up his thread, sure, post that here.

If you simply want the random double post deleted, just Report the post and one of the Staff will get to it.
Only tag @TB. He loves it. ;) :lol:
There are many things in this world I love and being tagged is absolutely at the top of that list! :dopey:

TB
There are many things in this world I love and being tagged is absolutely at the top of that list! :dopey:

Well today is your lucky day then! I just double-posted and tagged you for a kind delete, please :D :D

EDIT: And now I see the advice on how to do it properly, I'll do that in future. It just seemed funny that 30 mins after reading the thread I made a (rare-ish) DP ;)

Well today is your lucky day then! I just double-posted and tagged you for a kind delete, please :D :D
You tagged me in an edit so I never got the notification. Hence why reporting it is the better option. 👍

It has now been removed.

Thankyou, @TB.

So I just tagged you in this post. You'll see that I presume, but am I right in understanding that you wouldn't see it if I hadn't tagged you until an edit?

Thankyou, @TB.

So I just tagged you in this post. You'll see that I presume, but am I right in understanding that you wouldn't see it if I hadn't tagged you until an edit?
The tagging system does not notify the user if they are tagged in an edit, they have to be tagged before making the post. Same goes for quoting someone.

I have registered to a website (forum) which seems to use the same forum software as GTP. I has the same features, the same menus etc... . This forum has the ability to "delete" your own post. I know because a few minutes ago, I almost deleted my post instead of editing it. So I guess it is possible to implement a delete option next to EDIT, +Quote, Reply.

I have registered to a website (forum) which seems to use the same forum software as GTP. I has the same features, the same menus etc... . This forum has the ability to "delete" your own post. I know because a few minutes ago, I almost deleted my post instead of editing it. So I guess it is possible to implement a delete option next to EDIT, +Quote, Reply.
I think GTP disables it for a reason. Its to prevent abuse by bad users.

I think that post-deletion should be a mod-or-higher function on any well-controlled board, definitely open to abuse otherwise.
I think the discussion was about the tagging in edits, but yes, I agree, although I think even if it were to be handled by users, mods would still be able to see the deleted posts so they couldn't get away with any devious activity.

Also, being an active poster on a board that handles the alerts (and even quoting) in a far inferior way on the same system that this forum is on, I infinitely enjoy how they are handled here. 👍

Back