Renault Clio V6 Tuning! Assistance needed badly!

• Thread starter dude2106
  • 6 comments
Tipo2106
Hello guys.
I am in the process of tuning a Clio V6, but trouble is, i don't know how to get rid of the high speed understeer it has. I have tried the tunes i could find on this site, but do anyone know a tune that don't come with midcorner understeer? Or do you have any ideas what to do to get rid of it? More front anti roll bar? less? I am not a very good tuner, because i don't really understand what the different settings do to the car but i have tried some different settings and i can't really get it to do what i want.
And no i haven't bought the rear wing for it.

Hello guys.
I am in the process of tuning a Clio V6, but trouble is, i don't know how to get rid of the high speed understeer it has. I have tried the tunes i could find on this site, but do anyone know a tune that don't come with midcorner understeer? Or do you have any ideas what to do to get rid of it? More front anti roll bar? less? I am not a very good tuner, because i don't really understand what the different settings do to the car but i have tried some different settings and i can't really get it to do what i want.
And no i haven't bought the rear wing for it.

Hi dude2106 :
My tune for the clio V6 don't have a lot middle corner oversteer,just a few, less than stock ,you're right. If you take it out totaly, you kill the car, just need to turn the wheel only the necessary controling throttle, or very smoothly (with tap tap) with the pad. But if you want to try to fix it try this.Don't try to fix everything together in one time but one by one ,and after, do combinations.

CAR OVERSTEERS IN THE MIDDLE OF A CORNER:
-Front spring too soft.
-Rear spring too stiff.
-Front sway bar too soft.
-Excessive front toe (in or out)
-Improper camber settings.
-Not enough negative Front camber.
-Excessive positive camber in the Rear.
-Too high a differential ratio causing wheel spin.
-Front shock compression too low.
-Rear shock rebound too high.
-Rear shock compression too high.
-Spoiler downforce too low.

Have a good day.

Hi dude2106 :
My tune for the clio V6 don't have a lot middle corner oversteer,just a few, less than stock ,you're right. If you take it out totaly, you kill the car, just need to turn the wheel only the necessary controling throttle, or very smoothly (with tap tap) with the pad. But if you want to try to fix it try this.Don't try to fix everything together in one time but one by one ,and after, do combinations.

-Front spring too soft.
-Rear spring too stiff.

Have a good day.

Thanks, but i think you misunderstood me. I have midcorner UNDERsteer not oversteer, but i guess i can just try to do what you said to my car so i could get a little oversteer to neutral handling in midcorner. I will give it a try : )

Thanks, but i think you misunderstood me. I have midcorner UNDERsteer not oversteer, but i guess i can just try to do what you said to my car so i could get a little oversteer to neutral handling in midcorner. I will give it a try : )
Sorry ,i copy and paste the wrong one. Sorry for that.

Thanks for the help guys. It worked out pretty well. It does still understeer a little bit too much for my liking, but it have certainly reduced it a lot. : )

Hi dude2106 :

-Front spring too soft.
-Rear spring too stiff.

Have a good day.

What's your setup as I'm struggling lol

Back