Terronium-12

For My Mom, Always
United States
Brooklyn, NY
KR_Viper
I Renown I
Renown Tuning Unleashed

qpkkcm.jpg

- Credit to Nicknamealguem for the banner.

Staff

Terronium-12 [Head Mechanic]
NITROVIOUS [Second/Reserve Mechanic]
Zeeco_9 [Test Driver #1, Reserve Mechanic Assistant]
RomKnight [Test Driver #2]
RAZr1275 [Test Driver #3]
Animal_Mother [Test Driver #4]
Pakt Sardine [Test Driver #5]
Wdave [Test Driver #6]
Aussi-Speedster [Test Driver #7]​

Welcome to the new and improved Renown Tuning. Established in 2009, RT sought to do one thing and one thing only: provide some of the best quality tunes for any purpose. Our work quickly took to fame as whenever someone needed a helping hand, even if our services weren't immediately available, word of mouth passed our work on and before you knew one of our best pieces of work was featured in official capacity. Now, new for 2011, we will continue to strive for and achieve the basic goal of providing quality in a timely fashion. To meet all circumstances, to provide an experience that only we know how to. At Renown Tuning the customer is never dissatisfied. We at RTU are very passionate about the work done and we consider almost every factor that would make for a better, grippier, and not to mention smoother driving experience; every tenth, hundredth, and thousandth of a second matters here and when looking through the vast selection of available tunes you can rest assured that everything was put into making that tune as good as we can possibly make it. Every tune will be tested, criticized, and revamped until it is a standard in which other works will be based upon.

Want more? Don't hesitate to take a peek and register for our in-house racing competition. You won't be disappointed. World Tour Competition, Season 3

As usual we encourage constructive feedback so long as it's civilized, otherwise it will simply be disregarded. All tuning profiles will constantly be updated as certain demands will never remain the same, and we will be accepting individual requests and when making that request we ask that you be as specific as possible so the tune can meet your every expectation and thensome. User requests can be made available to everyone or specifically for the person requesting our services. Now, onto the good policy standards you all should be familiar with.

What goes into testing and how does Renown Tuning test vehicles?

Our official test track is London River, all of the RT-Spec vehicles are driven hard around every corner, whereby oversteer, understeer, body roll and braking are carefully monitored and evaluated according to such solutions as...

- How much countersteer is needed to maintain the vehicle's orientation?
- Is the overall braking distance satisfactory?
- Is the suspension capable of absorbing bumps without bottoming out as a result?
- Are the aerodynamic properties satisfactory without severely hindering the cars performance?

What constitutes as a 'good' lap time?

- Depending on the vehicle the times will vary from car to car. However, a general rule of thumb is a good lap around London River with any vehicle is typically less than 1 minute, 30 seconds.

How long does it take for a vehicle to qualify as being 'RT-Spec'?

- Again, it can vary from one car to the next. Some are a lot easier to tune than others, some only require minimalist effort while others require time and concentration. The standard waiting period for any tune to be stocked is within 24 hours, unless otherwise noted.

Does Renown Tuning offer drift tunes?

- We waited around long enough knowing someone would specialize in this; so, in short, yes, now we do offer drift tunes. [Currently under review]

What if I am unhappy with the tune?

- Simply alert me to whatever the problem may be and I will do my best to alleviate the problem as soon as possible.

What's the difference between a Track Special, Speed Special, RT Custom, and RT Exclusive tunes?

- First off, before the answer is addressed in full, the reason these tunes are divided amongst four sets is for ease of access and are purposely arranged as such. As for the differences, a Track differs from a Speed Special in the specific sense that the former has the sole intent of giving the best performance around a track, allowing the user to get around any track as fast as possible using as much speed and aerodynamic ability as possible. The latter focuses on getting the absolute of performance capability while maintaining overall stability. An RT Custom is that which has been specifically requested by a customer, and an RT Exclusive are the tunes of my own personal taste according to my own driving style, or at least to the extent that the game will allow.

Does Renown Tuning have any specific 'business' hours?

- In fact we do, Renown Tuning is available Monday through Thursday for all reasonable hours, and we are closed Friday through Sunday, however, this does not mean requests still cannot be filed within that time.

I'm currently having some problems with my controller settings and/or I can't seem to find a comfortable setting; what would you suggest?

- The AdCon (Adjust Control) settings I use are as follows...

Dualshock 3, 360 Controller S

Force Feedback Strength: 100%
Steering Deadzone: 23%
Steering Sensitivity: 30%
Accelerator Deadzone: 10%
Accelerator Sensitivity: 49%
Brake Deadzone: 10%
Braking Sensitivity: 49%
Clutch Deadzone: 2%
Clutch Sensitivity: 50%
Speed Sensitivity: 94%
Speed Sensitivity (Drift): 94%

Invert Gears: Normal
Invert Camera Y Axis: Normal

See Post #70 for the improved settings.

G27

Steering Deadzone: 0%
Steering Sensitivity: 55%
Accelerator Deadzone: 1%
Accelerator Sensitivity: 50%
Brake Deadzone: 1%
Braking Sensitivity: 50%
Clutch Deadzone: 1%
Clutch Sensitivity: 50%
Speed Sensitivity: 0%
Speed Sensitivity (Drift): 0%
Steering Lock: 540°
Drift Steering Lock: 900°

THRUSTMASTER Ferrari GT EXP

Steering Deadzone: 1%
Steering Sensitivity: 50%
Throttle Deadzone: 6%
Throttle Sensitivity: 50%
Brake Deadzone: 6%
Braking Sensitivity: 35%
Clutch Deadzone: 6%
Clutch Sensitivity: 35%
Speed Sensitivity: 60%
Speed Sensitivity (Drift): 100%
Steering Lock: 100%
Drift Steering Lock: 100%

Lap Index

The following is a lap indication index. This index specifies how the lap was carried out.

(S): Sloppy lap.
(Q): Quick lap.
(P): Practice lap.
(Q+): Quick lap; capable of more.
(Se): Series of quick laps.
(Se+): Series of quick laps; capable of more.
(N20): Should be self-explanatory. If it isn't, don't be ashamed to ask!
(Pr): Precision lap.​

The same settings (sans the new clutch parameters) are the exact same settings I used in the original Shift, and as before while these are stated as the "recommended" settings, they are in no way, shape, or form imperative. Consider them a starting point if you want to experiment further. Over the course of time they're likely to be updated.

The clutch settings are left at their default values as I don't use a clutch.

Tunes currently in stock....

Track Specials

Team NFS Mazda RX-8
Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32)
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Radical SR3 RS
Catherham R500 Super Light
Ford Focus RS438 "Black Tri-star"
Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
Shelby Cobra 427 "C-Class Special"
Lexus LFA "B-Class Special"
Lamborghini Reventon "B-Class Special"
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X "C-Class Special"
BMW Z4 sDrive35is "C-Class Special"
BMW Z4 sDrive35is, Version 2 "B-Class Special"
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Speedhunters Edition

RT Speed Specials

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 "Heritage .R"
Koenigsegg CCX "Ängelholm Phantom"
Gumpert Apollo
Porsche Carrera GT
Lamborghini Reventon, Version 2 "A-Class Special"
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, Version 3 Works Converted "Evasive Red"
BMW E92 M3, Version 2 Works Converted "Der weiße Teufel"
BMW M3 E36, Version 4 Works Converted

RT True Speed

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 "Project Hyper Velocity"

RT Customs

Nissan GT-R SpecV (R35)
Nissan GT-R SpecV (R35), Version 2
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4, Version 2 "B-Class Special"
Porsche 911 GT3-RSR
Honda S2000 CR "C-Class Special"
Acura NSX "B-Class Special"
Nissan GT-R (R35) SpecV JCW Edition
Audi R8 4.2 FSI Quattro "C-Class Special"
Chevrolet Corvette Version 2, Works Converted
Dodge Challenger R/T, Version 2 "A-Class Special"
Nissan GT-R (R35) SpecV, Version 4 Works Converted
Nissan GT-R (R35), Version 2 Works Converted
Maserat GranTurismo S Works Converted
Mazda RX-7 (FC3S) Works Converted
Mazda RX-7 (FD3S) Works Converted
Koenigsegg CCX, Version 2 Works Converted
Chevrolet Corvette Z06R GT3
McLaren F1, Version 2 Works Converted
Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 "A-Class Special"
Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, Version 2 Works Converted
Nissan Silvia Spec.R Aero "C-Class Special"
Nissan Silvia Spec.R Aero, Version 2 "B-Class Special"
Nissan Silvia Spec.R Aero, Version 3 Works Converted
Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86 "B-Class Special"
Audi RS 4 "C-Class Special"
Audi RS 4, Version 2 Works Converted
BMW E92 M3 "C-Class Competition SS"
Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) Works Converted
BMW Z4 sDrive35is, Version 4 Works Converted
Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster, HP Edition "Torrential Wind"

RT Exclusives

Pagani Zonda R "Like The Wind"
Pagani Huayra "The Rushing Wind"
Pagani Huayra, Version 2 - Works Converted "Whirling Wind"
Lamborghini Reventon
Porsche 918 Spyder Concept Study
Porsche 918 Spyder Concept Study, Version 3 - Works Converted
Team NFS Mustang RTR-X
Radical SR3 RS, Version 2
Volkswagen Scirocco "B-Class Special"
Nissan GT-R (R35) Works Converted
BMW M3 E36 "C-Class Special"
BMW M3 E36, Version 2 "B-Class Special"
Mitsubishi Evo.IX MR-Edition, Speedhunters Edition "The Great White"
McLaren-Mercedes SLR 722 Edition "B-Class Special"
McLaren-Mercedes SLR 722 Edition, Version 2 "A-Class Special"
BMW M1 Procar "Bahn Stormer"
McLaren-Mercedes SLR 722 Edition, Version 3 "A-Class Extreme"
McLaren-Mercedes SLR 722 Edition, Version 4 Works Converted
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, Version 2 "B-Class Special"
Pagani Zonda F Works Converted "Raging Wind"
BMW Z4 sDrive35is, Version 3 "A-Class Extreme"

RT Classic

RT Legends

Ford GT40 Mk. I
Ford Capri RS3100 Gr.4
BMW 3.0 CSL Gr.5
Porsche Carrera RSR 3.0 "C-Class Special"
Porsche Carrera RSR 3.0, Version 2 "B-Class Special"

RT Drag

RT Standing Mile

Pagani Huayra, Speedhunters Edition

RT Moderation

Koenigsegg CCX - ussr
Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT1 - tlm
Lamborghini Reventon - tlm
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 "14.00 Rating Nostalgia" - Jimmy_apex
Porsche 918 Concept Study Works Converted "Road America Flyer" - ussr
Lamborghini LP640 "14.00 Rating Nostalgia" - Jimmy_apex
McLaren F1 Works Converted - Ivan Petrov
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Spoil-t
BMW Alpina B6 GT3 - arvore
Ford GT40 Mk. I - arvore
BMW M1 Procar - ussr
Gumpert Apollo (A-Class) "Career Championship Events Spec" - Panter044

RT Drift

RT Works

Dodge Challenger R/T "Speeding Bullet"
Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) "Mecha Godzilla"
McLaren MP4-12C Works Converted
Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2
Jaguar XKR Works Converted
Toyota Supra Works Converted
2010 Ford Shelby GT500
Porsche 918 Spyder Concept Spyder, Version 2 "Like No Other"
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4, Version 3 - Works Converted
Subaru Impreza WRX STi Works Converted
Volkswagen Scirocco, Version 2 Works Converted
Gumpert Apollo, Version 2 Works Converted
Acura NSX, Version 2 Works Converted
Nissan GT-R (R35) SpecV, Version 3 Works Converted
Honda S2000 CR, Version 2 Works Converted
Audi R8 4.2 FSI Quattro, Version 2 Works Converted
Porsche 911 GT2 Works Converted
Porsche Carrera GT, Version 2 Works Converted
Maserati GranTursimo S, Version 2 Works Converted
Mazda RX-7 (FC3S), Version 2 Works Converted
Mazda RX-7 (FD3S), Version 2 Works Converted
Lexus LFA, Version 2 Works Converted
McLaren F1, Version 3 Works Converted
Lamborghini Reventon, Version 3 Works Converted
BMW M3 E36, Version 3 Works Converted

RT GT3

Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 GT3
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 GT3, Version 2
Audi R8 LMS
Aston Martin DBRS9 GT3
Porsche 911 GT3 Cup R
BMW Alpina B6 GT3
Matech Ford GT GT3
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 GT3, Version 3

RT GT1

Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT1
Lamborghini Murcielago R-SV GT1
Aston Martin DBR9 GT1
Matech Ford GT GT1
Lamborghini Murcielago R-SV GT1, Version 2
Lamborghini Murcielago R-SV GT1, Version 3
Maserati MC12 GT1

Coming Soon

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

Last edited:
Excuse me! You wrote that test track is London River :crazy: Well that's odd, very strange. Because normally the best one and only true test track is Nordschleife. And because this track is confirmed to appear also in Shift 2 why did you choose London River?? 👎

Is this is your personal favorite track that you feel very comfortable for your gaming skills?? Or maybe you could consider change London to Nordschleife ?? I mean how better this could be :sly:

Excuse me! You wrote that test track is London River :crazy: Well that's odd, very strange. Because normally the best one and only true test track is Nordschleife. And because this track is confirmed to appear also in Shift 2 why did you choose London River?? 👎

Is this is your personal favorite track that you feel very comfortable for your gaming skills?? Or maybe you could consider change London to Nordschleife ?? I mean how better this could be :sly:

The Ring, while great, is rather hard to tune on as it is so big. Whereas with a smaller track you can see if there is any improvement much faster.

Maybe because they want consistent laps. Two laps on London River are a lot similar than two laps on Nordschleife.

If you're being even remotely serious all I can say is the Nordschleife isn't the be all, end all as far as track layout is concerned. Furthermore, if anyone wants a specific track-related tune all they'd have is ask; did you read the rest or did you just stop after reading the London River bit?

And I'm quite comfortable with London River so no I'm not changing, thank you.

Oh, and one other thing, that bit where I claim one of my tunes was featured in official capacity? Yeah...that was my "Like the Wind" tune for the Zonda R on what track? The Nordschleife (although it could be used on other tracks as well without much of a problem).

Don't take any offense to that, my cognitive functions are a bit loopy right now and I reckon I'm misunderstanding your tone. :nervous:

Last edited:
I'm not taking any offenses dude, calm the down :) And I've read it all, Just want to know why London instead fantastic Nordschleife but it's your world and we all have to deal with it. So be it! 👍

I think Nordschleife is way much better, that's why Car factory's from all over the world goes to Nordschleife to test their cars, i mean sports cars and super cars and hyper cars. And because that track it's going to be in Shift 2 then i just thought you know 2 + 2 , we have game, we have track, we have cars, we have tuner so, you know 2 + 2 ... ;)

But that's just my opinion and i will keep it to myself. Maybe i will offer me as test driver for Nordschleife, but have to wait two more days to finally play and decide if Unleashed is as good as first one which completely blew my mind.

Thank you for explaining. I'll can't wait some good tunes for my favorite, AMG SLS

I'm not taking any offenses dude, calm the down :) And I've read it all, Just want to know why London instead fantastic Nordschleife but it's your world and we all have to deal with it. So be it! 👍

I think Nordschleife is way much better, that's why Car factory's from all over the world goes to Nordschleife to test their cars, i mean sports cars and super cars and hyper cars. And because that track it's going to be in Shift 2 then i just thought you know 2 + 2 , we have game, we have track, we have cars, we have tuner so, you know 2 + 2 ... ;)

But that's just my opinion and i will keep it to myself. Maybe i will offer me as test driver for Nordschleife, but have to wait two more days to finally play and decide if Unleashed is as good as first one which completely blew my mind.

Thank you for explaining. I'll can't wait some good tunes for my favorite, AMG SLS

Oh, that reminds me of something!

I'll need a few test drivers to provide feedback on any tunes I'm unsure of, that's not being requested by an individual user.

I'm up for a bit of that T.
Glad to help.
I get the game Friday but the misses is having her mates over for a Girly night, so I'm not playing Friday lol.
Will look into anything you need.

I might not be the fastest guy, but I like to think I can still feel a difference running the same car at the same track with different tuning.

So if you want one more opinion, i'm up for it... as soon as i get the game..

Business will officially commence on launch day, so gather your requests and make sure you know what you want.

Just occured to me after reading Animal_Mother's post

I want to play the game and also participate in WTC and this got me thinking about cash grind (read time consuming). Why?

Because i may need to buy the cars and eventual upgrades for the WTC be it because i don't have the car required for that week or because its i have one but is already upgraded beyond the rules...

I'm speculating though because i don't have the game and i don't know how it progresses cash wise...

Reknown Tuning, looking forward to some nice new tunes for SF2U :)

Still very happy about the (Audi) tune you made for me for Shift 1. Good fun all around.

London River? -bring it on, still hoping to get on par with RT times :)

First impressions of the game? Wow, a lot has improved but some things are still familiar. By that I mean it isn't exactly the same (bump-jumping is no more) but if you enjoyed the first, there's no way you won't fall for Unleashed. I'm currently mulling things over and one thing I've already noticed that is the grip thresholds have improved and if you treat the car like crap, it's going to respond in such a way.

The helmet cam look-to-apex is slightly annoying but I can get used to it over time; and the tuning is so much more in-depth now....unfortunately the telemetry isn't as in-depth as I wanted it to be; it's practically useless.

I am disappointed to hear the telemetry is not that useful. It was the one feature I was looking forward to. Seems like camber and tyre pressures are going to be seat of the pants again.

As far as RT is concerned, I can recommend the madness to all new comers. I think the most awesome feature of this slightly bonkers lot is the great friendships I have made through the years. It has made racing so much more fun.

T12 if the grid is not full I will test drive. Chef and I have made great progress in the tuning department the past 12 months. I hope I can contribute a bit this time round :)

O and by the way (as the UK hasn't got it yet) can you tell me if you can paint the standard car's wheels???? I just have to know before I go to bed tonight

Last edited:
Sure thing, man. 👍

I'm still messing around with everything so I'm not going to completely disregard the tele data, not yet. As for the wheels I'll check in a bit for you.

So, a couple of new features that are going to result in RT approaching things a bit differently.

- Unleashed has adopted a very Forza-like PI (Performance Index) System. Which means no more tier ratings. Now this doesn't change anything but knowing the difference between the two will alleviate any and all confusion. If it's anything like the calculations done for Forza, each vehicle's PI rating is a fairly accurate representation of it's real-life performance, however, unlike Forza which ranges from F to R3 PI indexes, it appears Unleashed caps off at A but can extend into four-digit summations.

- Telemetry is indeed a welcomed addition. I originally thought there was only one screen available but there are in fact four and are very useful.

- The addition of engine swaps is going to present a very unique case of what's prime for any number of conditions and are likely to result in new tuning class indexes to be introduced.

That's all for now but keep an eye on the OP during the week as I'll upload a few tunes (I'm actually working on one right now) and update things accordingly. Requests can be made throughout the week but aren't likely to be acknowledged until the beginning of next week; there's a lot of new features and feeling in the game and I want to reacquaint myself with everything before handing out what's likely to be half-assed tunes.

And no one wants that, do they?

Dude, you had me worried for a minute that the telemetry was going to suck. It's my most looked-forward-to feature. I can't wait to give it a go now though.

I'm liking the game so far. You can put me in as a test driver

Done.

Dude, you had me worried for a minute that the telemetry was going to suck. It's my most looked-forward-to feature. I can't wait to give it a go now though.

Sorry about that.

I didn't discover there was additional data until I accidentally pressed down on the d-pad trying to get back to the normal HUD. Good thing that happened. :lol:

Well, i'm fond of Ford and I do like the Focus ST which it seem to be on e of the initial choices... a good tune to this car would make me happy.

2 days to get the game...

Back