Resident Evil HD Remaster

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
London, UK
Shirrako
Capcom's classic Resident Evil / biohazard is getting remade with current and last gen console graphics.

The game takes players back to the old scary mansion from the original Resident Evil, having played the game I must say that it looks amazing, the loading is a lot faster, the animations seem to be faster aswell.

What other improvements do you see / would like to see?

I just bought this from the psn store. I just love it! I only played the original and the directors cut on psx. Never played the gamecube version.

This remaster is just fantastic. The way it looks really make it a more atmospheric game! It still holds up so well in the gameplay department. The new analog controls aren't my cup of tea though as you'll be changing directions as soon as the camera switches. I still like to use the old control-scheme.

This is as far as I can tell the best remastered game. I'm probably not the only one, but if they release RE2 in this fashion it will be the best thing ever. Not sure it will happen though.

9/10

I remember when Capcom signed the exclusive deal with nintendo for the resident evil series, i was far from happy to put it kindly, back then i religiously played Gran turismo and resident evil games.

Being young and already having a PS2 i could only watch and feel sad that i could not play this classic game with now amazing graphics because i could never afford another console.

Now 13 years later i have finally got the chance to play on my PS3 and i'm loving every minute of it, the new controls can be a great help in boss battles but can also have you running into zombies with camera changes, overall a welcome addition tho.
I have totally forgot how hard, tense and challenging games used to be a decade ago, especially resident evil games, the atmosphere is creppy and just what a RE should be about!

Even tho this came out in 2002 and it' s a remake of an old PS1 game i am already considering this as my game of the year for 2015! :)

Resident Evil fan here! I pre-ordered this game on Steam. I must say I'm a bit disappointed on Capcom. I should've bought it on the PSN. The game is poorly optimized for PC and even people on high end Alienware rigs run on serious lag, audio desync and frame rate drops.

Other than that, I must say I am really happy that they did this re-remake. It has pretty cool bonuses like BSAA Jill and Cris skins. This is what Resident Evil is about.

Hopefully Capcom releases a patch soon.

I have this version when it was released on the Gamecube. Really enjoyed this classic from release and playing this remake.

Back