Reverse driving with Logitech wheel.

Discussion in 'GT5 Prologue' started by GTracerRens, Jul 10, 2009.

1. GTracerRens

The Netherlands
    PSN:Gamersnet

Hi guys,

I play GT5P with the logitech driving force GT. I play on manual transmission. But when I have to reverse the car, I have to use the triangle button. Does anyone know a better button or option to set reverse? In Colin MCRae DiRT, you have to shift down till R, that's much better...

2. Jay

Jay
    Premium
    Australia Australia
    PSN:VIPERGTS01

Not possible to do that in GT5P, hopefully GT5 will change this.

Although with the G25 you can select reverse with the H patten gate.

3. balang_479

Italy / UK
    PSN:balang_479

As you reverse 0.00001% of the time i dont think its that much of a majour issue. But shift dont to R would be a little better,

4. Blitz187

Premium
    Netherlands 020 A'dam
    PSN:Blitz187

I use the paddle shifters... so I have reverse dialled in on the gear shift lever... :) pull it back and its reverse, push if forward for handbrake :D

5. GTracerRens

The Netherlands
    PSN:Gamersnet

That's also an option, but not really what I want. And I like the gear stick so much instead of the paddles. It aren't paddles, more buttons though. :p

6. Tired Tyres

United Kingdom West Yorkshire
    PSN:Tired_Tyres

You can't have reverse on a sequential shift unless it's on a dog leg. It's a safety issue. Blitz187's idea was the best one I've heard though.

7. viejaloca

Toronto/ON/CA
    PSN:viejaloca

Speaking of shifters, my shifter is loose and it always downshifts on its own when the wheel shakes. can anyone tell me how to fix this?

8. DJW_GT

England
    PSN:PureGT_DJW DJW_GT

And on the topic of reversing.... With the DS3 the traction control kicks in whenever I try to reverse (even though I never use driving aids). Any way to fix this? As I believe it truly hinders my GT5p experience...

9. 1337rice

Toronto
    PSN:GTP_1337rice

I don't think that's the traction control, isn't it the clutch?

10. Andrew C

Phoenix
    PSN:phxsunsfan111

I think Ebay has replacements. Just search logitech G25 and it should come up.

11. Jay

Jay
    Premium
    Australia Australia

I know it is annoying, just like when you go into the grass it kicks in. This was not present in the GT5P demo but when GT5P came it was, you can't remove it but hopefully you can in GT5.

Probably not the G25 he is talking about.

12. DJW_GT

England

Hmm, I'm sure it is possible. I've spoken to people who said that they didn't have tc when reversing (who also used the DS3).

13. Jay

Jay
    Premium
    Australia Australia

Well if you ever find out how be sure to report it here.

14. DJW_GT

England

Will do:tup:

15. L_Hamilton

Premium
    Japan Kyoto
    PSN:GTP_L_Hamilton

I believe there is a nut or bolt that screws into the bottom of the shifter and you can prob see it from the bottom. Check if that's missing.:tup:

Hope this helps.

16. No46_TheDoctor

Scotland
    PSN:No46_TheDoctor or SSRacingUK

I have mine the other way round, cause i pull the handbrake in my car and reverse is sometimes "down and away" in some cars, works for me.