rFactor 2 v982 32/64Bit

• Thread starter Voltaic
  • 2,320 comments
v798 released!

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/

FRESH INSTALL is required (or highly recommended to not have duplicated or orphaned files everywhere) to allow for proper location of 32bit and 64bit files. Auto updating shouldn't have this issue.

Another new build for rFactor 2 this month, with a continuation of our focus on fixes/adjustments to existing features, and the memory usage updates like 64bit being the priority.
This build sees the introduction of 64bit executables in an official capacity, with the launcher now selecting to run 64bit if possible to do so (you can choose to run 32bit by using the Advanced tab on the rF2 launcher). This meant a change in file structure, which means those of you who already own rFactor 2 (or have an older demo installed) should either use auto update or freshly install the product core to avoid duplicated or orphaned files.

Unsure of how to do a fresh install? There are various opinions on what that is, here is an example.

You can discuss this update in our forum, or ask for advice there.

=====================================================
Update 25 (Build 797-unstable, 798-release) Changelog July 21, 2014):
=====================================================

FEATURES:
————-
Moved plugins dir to Bin32 and Bin64 for 32 and 64 bit plugins.
Launcher now runs 64 bit executables if possible.
Updates no longer require login.

BUG FIXES / OPTIMIZATIONS:
————-
Fixed crash on exit.
Fixed inability to scroll mp lobby after server item in list was selected.
Fix problem where players rejoining a race would lose any laps over 63.
Fixed a typo where the Real Road Time Scale setting for qualifying was used for race and vice versa.
Fixed dedicated server memory leak.
Reverted a change made to window style which broke some windowed modes

MODDING / PUBLIC DEV
————-
Modmode: Fixed pit location picking resetting the menu every time a location is recorded.

The prob with a skinpack and EGT is that the mod is not based on any real series. It's based on GT3 cars in various series. So you will be able to find skins from real cars, but there can't be a skinpack for any real series.
Wait what!? Then I'm talking about the wrong mod, I'm talkiing about the GT-E cars with the funny names, you know... The Viper called Venom, the Ferrari called Ferruci, the Porsche called the Darsche and so on...

Did I miss the big release party for the full version of rf2? I thought this game was still in early access or beta or whatever developers are calling it these days.

There was no big release party, the sim is not finished but each build brings it closer. AC will be the same way. There is going to be no big announcement that the sim went gold, it'll just keep changing because as I understand ISI plans to keep updating and evolving rf2 as long as it's around.

What we have now is race ready but still has some issues, although those issues aren't keeping leagues from using it.

Well than how has my subscription run out than? When I purchased rfactor2 I was under the impression that my subscription wouldn't start until the game was finished. I am also pretty sure that it was supposed to be for 2 years, while it may be close I don't believe its been 2 years yet. There is no way in hell I am paying them AGAIN for a game that isn't finished. I mean I was dumb enough to do it once, aint doing it again.

The subscription is for 1 year, the first beta came out 2 1/2 years ago. Those people who got on at the beginning got 6 months free. If you bought the unlimited deal of course there's no time limit at all.

That was the deal from the beginning, they were never vague or tricky about it. You can still play offline

The subscription is for 1 year, the first beta came out 2 1/2 years ago. Those people who got on at the beginning got 6 months free. If you bought the unlimited deal of course there's no time limit at all.

That was the deal from the beginning, they were never vague or tricky about it. You can still play offline
Thanks for the reply. I could of swore though (almost positive actually) that my subscription wasn't suppose to start until the game was finished or whatever they are calling it. It may well have hit that stage, but I sure wasn't aware if it did. ISI sure didn't say it had, not that I recall anyway. So I am a bit confused about how and when the game became "officially released".

Edit: Was at least a year ago though I guess.

Thanks for the reply. I could of swore though (almost positive actually) that my subscription wasn't suppose to start until the game was finished or whatever they are calling it. It may well have hit that stage, but I sure wasn't aware if it did. ISI sure didn't say it had, not that I recall anyway. So I am a bit confused about how and when the game became "officially released".

Edit: Was at least a year ago though I guess.
I'm on the same boat my friend and I won't be renewing my online license any time soon...

Jav
I'm on the same boat my friend and I won't be renewing my online license any time soon...
Yeah its kinda sad that that they want to be paid AGAIN for a game that still isn't finished. I wont be giving them anymore money either and I still swear the deal was my sub. wouldn't start until the game was officially released.

I was just starting to use the game again as the last update I completely reinstalled everything, including cars and tracks, and the game looks much better. I still get the flashing dash in smoke and rain spray, though not as bad as before. Its still very annoying and makes it impossible to race in the rain. Most video I have been looking at have it also, it only happened when you hit that "white wall" they use for smoke and spray.

Yeah its kinda sad that that they want to be paid AGAIN for a game that still isn't finished. I wont be giving them anymore money either and I still swear the deal was my sub. wouldn't start until the game was officially released.

I was just starting to use the game again as the last update I completely reinstalled everything, including cars and tracks, and the game looks much better. I still get the flashing dash in smoke and rain spray, though not as bad as before. Its still very annoying and makes it impossible to race in the rain. Most video I have been looking at have it also, it only happened when you hit that "white wall" they use for smoke and spray.
I did the same, uninstalled everything and did a fresh install with just the good quality tracks(Isi and VirtuaLM) and just the URD GT cars. Still way too FPS heavy but it's looking decent now, but not enough for to pay another year's subscription I will likely never use.

I do rain races regularly and have never had issues with the spray. Spa, Silverstone, Loch Drummond etc I have done lots of rF2 rain races and they look spectacular and the spray is a great effect. The issues are on your end as they have been from the beginning. Go into the settings and get the game set up right.

The agreement was pretty clear about paying for a year online unless you pay for the lifetime sub. Nowhere did ISI say anything about getting the game for free until it was out of beta. Read before you pay- you can't blame ISI because you didn't read about what you were paying for. At the very beginning ISI offered an 18 month sub, but they were very clear that the regular sub was 12 months. Nowhere did they mention anything about the game being free until out of beta. In fact, they have said that the game is not in beta and that was well over 1 year ago and they said that the game will be under continuous development.

It amazes me that people will get the game, then play it for a month or more then ask ISI for a refund. Most games do not offer any refund at all and this one even has a demo, but ISI still offers refunds. But then people don't read up on what they are paying for and complain when the sub runs out. Too bad.

What guybo is saying is absolutely spot on, ISI was very clear from the beginning. Due to a brain lapse on my part, I did not buy the lifetime initially, ISI was nice enough to let me modify my license. What was I thinking?! rFactor will develop and improve, so will the mods. It has been and will continue to be my main SIM well into the future. The lifetime license was/is a bargain.

I do rain races regularly and have never had issues with the spray. Spa, Silverstone, Loch Drummond etc I have done lots of rF2 rain races and they look spectacular and the spray is a great effect. The issues are on your end as they have been from the beginning. Go into the settings and get the game set up right.
I have tried all graphics settings turned on, off and everything in between and its still there, so I am not sure what other settings I can go to get the game set up right. Do you use triple screen? Maybe that is the issue? I have tried every suggestion given to me to fix it, but it hasn't helped, if you have any others please let me know I will try them as well.

Never did I blame ISI for anything, just stated what I was under the impression of and that I wouldn't be paying them again. Didn't think the game was worth the money then and as of now don't think its woth the money now that it would cost to renew. There is always manual updating.

What guybo is saying is absolutely spot on, ISI was very clear from the beginning. Due to a brain lapse on my part, I did not buy the lifetime initially, ISI was nice enough to let me modify my license. What was I thinking?! rFactor will develop and improve, so will the mods. It has been and will continue to be my main SIM well into the future. The lifetime license was/is a bargain.
I did the same thing. I have been critical of the way ISI has handled development of rF2, but they have been very fair in some things. They did not have to allow me to upgrade to lifetime, but they did.

Take a look in the garage of the car you want to install liverys and click on the "Create Directory" button.

After that you find a folder where you have to put the liverys.

rFactor 2\Data\UserData\player\Settings\C6r_ZR1

@Jav

In my case, using the URD Corvette, the path where the skin(s) go AFTER you have created a new directory is:

H:\rFactor 2 v798\UserData\player\Settings\URD_C6r_ZR1\C6R_ZR1_70

rFactor2CD.jpg

I see... So there's really no way of substituting the original skin pack with custom ones then...?

Jav
I see... So there's really no way of substituting the original skin pack with custom ones then...?

The original skins are part of the package, they can't be removed. However you can select any custom skin as described above. The picture I uploaded shows my custom skin I use for CMS league racing.

Skin packs are in themselves a sort of packaged mod and appear in the main menu. However, once you created a directory and added a skin, you will notice you can create a driver which will appear in the main car selection menu in rF2.

I hope that was clear, cheers

The original skins are part of the package, they can't be removed. However you can select any custom skin as described above. The picture I uploaded shows my custom skin I use for CMS league racing.

Skin packs are in themselves a sort of packaged mod and appear in the main menu. However, once you created a directory and added a skin, you will notice you can create a driver which will appear in the main car selection menu in rF2.

I hope that was clear, cheers
It does my friend, thank you for being patient and helping me out!

Back