rFactor 2 v982 32/64Bit

• Thread starter Voltaic
  • 2,320 comments
Hopefully an update to the Indycars is coming. Wheatley admitted that the current car is not good
Eventually, and I think rF2 leads the way here, racing sims will punish you if you drive a different way to how a professional drives. Additional data (provided your initial data is correct - which it wasn't with the Indy car) primarily just makes a car less wrong, not necessarily more right.

If you drive the same car before and after an update like this in the same way, it'll be the same car, unless the change is massive like it will be for the IndyCar

People aren't complaining about that dud of a car just to hear themselves whine- it is a flawed and terribly inaccurate car. I'm glad ISI recognizes that and plans to fix it.

I think they try, maybe they don't get to stuff as quickly as people would like. I must admit I would like to see more progress and quicker, ultimately it will be "the" SIM for years to come.

AC and pCARS are fun for the fun of it, but they are "gamy". Nothing out there can rival rF2 in terms of proper competitions.

Yeah I agree. I'd like to see them fix the content they have, update cars to come up to the current standard and perfect the tire model. The contact patch news is a major step forward. Still, IMHO the modded content for rF2 is the best and I get surprised by the releases sometimes. That Caterham is fun and I hope we get a modern one too.

rFactor 2 [HD+] ★ Mazda Miata Super Charged ★ Nürburgring Nordschleife Tourist v1.70 in Autumn

Last edited:
My league is starting a new season soon- check us out

bes_s2.jpg

www.virtualsportscarracing.com

VSCR is back for season 2 and we are using 3 mods for 3 mini-season cups and 1 overall champion- URD T5, FC and BES2014

-Racing is bi-weekly on Sundays with a break for the holidays

-1 hour races & 2 hour special events

-See the forum for more details

-24/7 dedicated server

Feel free to ask any questions you have right here

Great news announcement today guys;

"
EnduRacers is happy to announce you today the following statements. Since our last release called Endurance Series SP2.1, the team has build brand 9 new cars for the mod, with a quality as high as the last released Flat6 GT3 model.

The original plan was to release them during the swich over a new platform, but it has taken years before a new stable platform can be used, so the development of thoose cars has be mainly done on rFactor1. Here is the list :

• LMP1 - Lola Aston-Martin DBR1/2
    • LMP1 - Lola Coupe B-80 Dyson
    • LMP1 - Oreca 01 AIM
    • LMP1 - Zytek 07s/Ginetta Zytek 09s
    • LMP2 - Lola Coupe B-80
    • LMP2 - Oreca 03
    • LMP2 - Zytek 07s/Ginetta Zytek 09s
    • GT1 - Maserati MC12
    • GT2 - BMW M3 E92
Thoose cars are going to be released on the platform rFactor1 under the name "Endurance Series SP3". The Endurance Series mod will be then ported on the platform rFactor2 by ISI. It will include cars from the rFactor1 version and 2 more cars. The mod will be then considered as finished. Previously, to learn the platform, the team will release the mod "Flat6 Series" on the platform rFactor2.

The shedule is the following one :

• Development and release of the Endurance Series SP3 for rFactor1.
    • Development and release of the Flat6 Series mod for rFactor2.
    • Development and release of the Endurance Series mod (carlist to be unveiled later) for rFactor2.
Why rFactor2 ? This is currently the only new platform wich simulates endurance racing features. In addition, the game is now more stable than month ago. The dev team has released the modding tools and keep improving them. The team will anyway keep an eye on the other platforms developments."

http://www.enduracers.com/newsletter_37.html

Last edited:
Those are huge news Voltaic, might revitalize my nterest in rF2 and Sim-Racing in general...
Now I need to get an extra memory stick to run decent settings in rF2...

I'm interested to buy rFactor 2, I'm currently downloading the demo :) I have only played Assetto Corsa on my pc and I wonder how it compares to rF2, anyone tried both?

I'm interested to buy rFactor 2, I'm currently downloading the demo :) I have only played Assetto Corsa on my pc and I wonder how it compares to rF2, anyone tried both?
AC is good and it is more friendly as a Sim, you can jump in any car and just drive while rF2 is more hard core Sim where you have firstly to work in the setup and do many laps to learn the car and start ti push.
Also rF2 is more complete, you have the day/night cycle, changeable weather where wind, humidity...influenza a lot on the cars physics, Real Road, drivers swap, a complete online(a veru good and stable net-code), much better AI and offline.

Everything wadji said above. I would add it is the only full flag SIM you can find.

However, it is not for the casual gamer, it is not as pretty as GTx, AC or pCARS, not yet anyway. rFactor2 is more involved and requires a decent PC. ~$100 will buy you a lifetime rF2 license and there are plenty of leagues to race with, more to come as quality MODs are developed.

Like wadji, I like AC and think it has good potential, but I know rFactor2 will outlive anything out there and is well worth the investment. Look at the more recent YouTube videos to have an idea.

No links on the MOD wadji? Shame on you! :)

BTW wadji, I signed up to beta test the Zandvoort track; do you need the developer version to install it?

I think it depends on what you want and intend to do with the game. If rain or day/night cycle is important to you, rF2 is the only choice between the two. If you want to just pick up the game and handle the car right away- you want an easier experience, AC is for you. For pick-up racing on pubbies, neither is very good but AC is a little better. For racing offline*, AC is better. If you want to race online, if you want a dynamic track and car, a much more difficult experience and want to race in a league- rF2 is the best choice. For online driver swaps, rF2 is the only choice right now.

A lot of the rF2 features not implemented in AC are promised by Kunos in the future.

IMHO AC is better for casual racing, rF2 is better for sim racing.

* AC has good AI, socially connected offline racing and offline challenges. rF2 only has offline single races and the AI is a mixed bag with poor strategy, HUGE difference between quali and race pace, problems with the pace car and erratic AI behavior.

Thanks for the link! Great videos guys!

I was asking how to install the beta of Zandvoort, unless I DL the wrong file.
Ok sorry I've got it wrong however yes you need to download the Dev mod from ISI forums to be able to use and test Zandvoort!

Back