rFactor Mods

• Thread starter kekke2000
  • 43 comments
downloaded the EnduroRacing V2 mod today

holy COW there are a lot of cars in that pack. Super fun and super awesome modeling as well!

Recommend to all :)

Any of you tried the new V8Factor Unleashed mod? I had a quick go yesterday, found it was the best V8 Supercar mod rFactor has to offer but I still prefer the iRacing V8.

Definitely worth a look though if you're into the V8 Supercars and don't have iRacing.

http://www.racedepartment.com/team-orsm/

Any of you tried the new V8Factor Unleashed mod? I had a quick go yesterday, found it was the best V8 Supercar mod rFactor has to offer but I still prefer the iRacing V8.

Definitely worth a look though if you're into the V8 Supercars and don't have iRacing.

http://www.racedepartment.com/team-orsm/

Thanks for that Madison. Didn't realize there is a new release. I'm still playing their previous V8SC mod by Team ORSM. Will download now and try it out.

Thanks for that Madison. Didn't realize there is a new release. I'm still playing their previous V8SC mod by Team ORSM. Will download now and try it out.

Yeah, i'll probably jump on the Race Factor server for a bit when I get home and do a bit of online racing. Haven't really had a proper go at it myself, but would be keen on league racing it as I league raced the old one too... But juggling the iRacing V8 and V8Factor mod could be fun. :lol:

I got rfactor the other day and downloaded a few mods but they dont seem to work, any car/track i try to load turns out to be montreal with one of those red/black starting mustangs, and if i try to race on montreal normally, then it will crash, the mods I have are: enduracers endurance series+sp1, ilms, korea, spenag, brands hatch, donnington, and spa tracks,and fs1 2009 & 2010 wcp, dbr2-1 mod.
does anyone know if any of those could cause this or is there a patch I need?

Question #1: This youtube claims to be from rFactor. Can anyone tell me why this looks like x5 better than my rFactor? I mean, it looks like it has Bloom vfx and everything. Almost looks as good as Shift 2 on my PC.

Maybe I'm choosing the wrong graphics options???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwXaQ1DCku4&feature=related (can't figure out how to embed youtube links; fail)

Question #2: Real Feel FFB was installed on my rFactor and I really dig it (guess same mod in GTR Evo). However, I cant turn down the Steering Force option to 0. Low it will go is 33%. Has anyone ever seen that?

[edit] I figured it out, in my options, steering assist was on, duh!

Last edited:
Looks like the person who uploaded that video was using a form of ENB, which adds stuff like ambient occlusion, bloom etc. ENB absolutely kills your framerate though, so even though it looks good I don't recommend it unless you have a monstrosity of a machine with stuff like an i7 2600k, 8GB RAM and dual 6950s.

Are you referring to the steering force FFB setting within the rFactor options screen? The lowest you can set that to is 33% - after all, steering force is the meat of the FFB! Not sure why you'd want to turn that down/off.

Yeah in GTR Evo I turn it down very low but still get very good FFB I thought. I'm using the T500RS wheel so I suspect perhaps steering force is amplified x10 making it really tough to steer the car.

Thanks a lot for your response!

EDIT: Wrong Thread

Last edited:
Hey all, sorry for bumping a really old thread. I've been transitioning to PC gaming since my Logitech isn't supported on PS4, and one of the first games I got is of course rFactor! A bit late to the party, but better late than never :P Anyway, I'm loving it so far and I have downloaded heaps of mods. Track mods I can get it to work easy by copying the files to the directory. Car mods on the other hand are a bit more tricky. I tried installing the Supra MKIV mod. I got it in all the correct folders and it shows up in game, but the colours don't show up (all selections are just chrome). Also, all the other stock rFactor cars have disappeared :( I'm running the latest version btw (1.255 or something).

If anybody could shed a light it would be helpful. I've modded other games before (Viper Racing and 1NSANE), but the folder organisation is a lot more complex in rFactor.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to show other cars. The racing class was set to Supra only (under Player options). Once I selected show all classes it showed the old cars.

EDIT2: Finally got the texture to work. I had my DirectX set to DX7 (Performance) under rFactor Config. I set it to Auto and it finally showed up.

Another question: I've only been downloading piecemeal cars and tracks. If I downloaded a season pack (e.g. an F1 1991 Season), can't I still just copy and paste everything? Will any of the original files get overwritten?

Last edited:
I'm not sure how modding works for rFactor (I've only got Race07 and GTR2) but from my experiences with those games I think you'll be OK with just copying and pasting everything.

Latest Posts

Back