rFactor

• Thread starter husa
  • 5,397 comments
Well gentleman, I bring great news. If all things go just right, I might just be making my first mod to rFactor.

As for what it is, I'll just leave this here:

;)

Edit: Current placeholder until I actually get the skin done:

rfactor-2015-01-05-00-14-09-73-png.285167

rfactor-2015-01-05-00-14-13-55-png.285168

Attachments

• rFactor 2015-01-05 00-14-09-73.png
    rFactor 2015-01-05 00-14-09-73.png
    169.6 KB · Views: 72
  • rFactor 2015-01-05 00-14-13-55.png
    rFactor 2015-01-05 00-14-13-55.png
    185.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Don't think I can quite do modding rF2 at present. I don't know how its files and inner directories work on comparison to rFactor AND I only have a demo of it.

As someone who wants to be a games developer, I'm curious: what do you need to know in order to make a mod?

Now I don't mean to go overboard being excited & all, but two great things have happened:

- I have managed to nail the gearwhine of the Hybrid drivetrain, Now I just need to figure out how to get it only to happen under braking. I also need to figure out how to do the boost as well.

- With this, I looked around and found another project to possibly start on:

Should I decide to take on this, it will use an existing car (as it does in real life) and thankfully someone already has a livery done so all I have to concentrate on is the gearwhine and boost.

Also, does anyone know where I can download this:

rfacto18.jpg

Been struggling with actually trying to do the livery myself so I'm considering finding that and doing some modifying.

Now I don't mean to go overboard being excited & all, but two great things have happened:

- I have managed to nail the gearwhine of the Hybrid drivetrain, Now I just need to figure out how to get it only to happen under braking. I also need to figure out how to do the boost as well.

- With this, I looked around and found another project to possibly start on:

Should I decide to take on this, it will use an existing car (as it does in real life) and thankfully someone already has a livery done so all I have to concentrate on is the gearwhine and boost.

Also, does anyone know where I can download this:

rfacto18.jpg

Been struggling with actually trying to do the livery myself so I'm considering finding that and doing some modifying.

I can send that within next 24 hours, should have it ;)

- I have managed to nail the gearwhine of the Hybrid drivetrain, Now I just need to figure out how to get it only to happen under braking. I also need to figure out how to do the boost as well..
I've not edited sounds before, but is it possible to alter the braking sound in a way that the gearwhine activates upon braking but still matches engine RPM?

I've not edited sounds before, but is it possible to alter the braking sound in a way that the gearwhine activates upon braking but still matches engine RPM?

I sure haven't seen one. Everything else seems to have a sound sample and mix but not brakes.

Not sure if I already showed this here, but I've made a TUSC number decal for anyone who wishes to paint there cars. PSD file includes color boxes for both categories:

PRO:
TUSCNumberDecalPRO.jpg~original

AM:
TUSCNumberDecalAM.jpg~original

Link

WEC number decals will be coming in short while. Just need to figure out the font they use and it'll be done.

Edit: Also, I've got a name for my first rfactor mod now: Hybrid Power Pack

Corny I know but since its full of hybrid cars, why not? I'm considering adding the Peugeot 908 HY as well as the Supra HV-R (once I figure out the boost that is).

Last edited:
Not sure if I already showed this here, but I've made a TUSC number decal for anyone who wishes to paint there cars. PSD file includes color boxes for both categories:

PRO:
TUSCNumberDecalPRO.jpg~original

AM:
TUSCNumberDecalAM.jpg~original

Link

WEC number decals will be coming in short while. Just need to figure out the font they use and it'll be done.
IIRC, I believe they use the Arial font. That's just a guess on my part though.

Also, I've got a name for my first rfactor mod now: Hybrid Power Pack

Corny I know but since its full of hybrid cars, why not? I'm considering adding the Peugeot 908 HY as well as the Supra HV-R (once I figure out the boost that is).

Just missing Ol' Sparky and the Corsa Zytek 09HS and you got a sweet little car pack on your hands there. Can't wait.

Just missing Ol' Sparky and the Corsa Zytek 09HS and you got a sweet little car pack on your hands there. Can't wait.

Holy crap, forgot about those. Definitely will be adding those in it as well.

Edit: So, here's the list as follows:

2011 Peugeot 908 HYbrid4
2008 Peugeot 908 HY
2011 Porsche 911 GT3 R Hybrid
2008 Toyota Supra HV-R
2009 Corsa Zytek 09HS
1998 Panoz Esperante GTR-1 Q9 Hybrid

Luckily like their real world counterparts, they are based on existing car so skinning them at least will be simple and will simply come down to if there are templates available (of which, only two of them are hard to find at the moment)

Last edited:
WEC Number Decal Preview. For Hood/Bonnets:

P1
WEC Number Decal (Hood & Bonnet) 1.jpg

P2
WEC Number Decal (Hood & Bonnet) 2.jpg

PRO
WEC Number Decal (Hood & Bonnet) 3.jpg

AM
WEC Number Decal (Hood & Bonnet) 4.jpg

For the Sides/Doors:

P1
WEC Number Decal (Sides & Doors) 1.jpg

P2
WEC Number Decal (Sides & Doors) 2.jpg

PRO
WEC Number Decal (Sides & Doors) 3.jpg

AM
WEC Number Decal (Sides & Doors) 4.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, to make a long story short, I got bored of GT/PS3 and started experimenting with rfactor on my 2-yr old laptop.

I've discovered Enduracers and I'm quite excited to dive into PC-sims. But I'm hitting a wall and I've exhausted my google-fu. I'm using a DFGT wheel just plugged-in to my laptop with realfeel installed, but what I do with my wheel and what the in-game wheel does are two completely different things, and I've read all these walls-o-text on various forums that suggest different ratios, profilers, etc...

Can I get a simple, step-by-step, guide of how to set things up so my wheel feels somewhat like GT does ?

And this is why rfactor has my attention, the range of content.

I don't care if it's weird and makes me scratch my head, 🤬's better than PD's once-a-month lackluster, 'silence-is-golden' performance. I went from trying to make LMP interesting in GT6 to rocking a Porsche RS Spyder in P2 races against the A.I. who aren't completely useless. I can't see myself wanting to go back anytime soon...

But I'm rambling, I sorted my wheel issues, and I got some questions for suggestions. I've got Enduracers installed and a handful of tracks, I'm planning to add some GT3 cars eventually, any track suggestions to go with them ?

If things keep up, I may just go PC & go with rfactor2 at some point, as well as a few other series I've seen on EmptyBox's channel (ADAC, R3E, etc)

I have but struggling with the car a handling at the mo, really bad at slow speeds.

I have but struggling with the car a handling at the mo, really bad at slow speeds.

Hum, depending on what you normally drive, maybe. Otherwise the cars are fantastic!

I will suggest to anyone trying it, get the rFactor Lite version and do a clean install specifically for this mod. If you installed it over an existing rF1 with other mods, it may be the cause of your difficulty. I originally did and had wheel issues, so I made a new dedicated installation.

Cheers

I'm trying to make Enduracers go a good play-distance, then I plan to try either Blancpain/GT3 or CARTfactor, waiting out the P.CARS release/reviews and deciding if I really want to invest in a PC at this time or not.

Didn't even know CARTfactor was a thing until I found an old Empty Box video.

Doesn't matter how old it is, it's got my attention a lot more than GT right now. :D

Do anyone here have experience with bobs track builder ? i had it for Xp now i tried installing it on Win7 and it just crashes constantly.

Any help would be appreciated

Change compatibility mode to Win XP Service Pack 3. Right-click the BTB icon and select properties and in that pop-up menu click the compatibility tab.

Back