rFactor

• Thread starter husa
  • 5,397 comments
Well, i been practicing constantly with the Escudo on pikes peak and i have got my time down from 10'45.xxx to 9'27.xxx, this video is a 9'35.xxx but i upped the framerate to make it small enough for youtube, so the video is only 8 and a half minutes. No sound as usual with me..

Just done a 9'03.xxx in the 405!:D
I fit wasn't for that big off at 4:20ish into the vid that could have been very low 9's. You'll be running sub 9 mins in no time 👍.

What program are you using to record thoes video's, I've never recorded anything fom a game before?

I can't get it to record for more than 30 seconds, and the recording FPS is poor when I try to use it, I have it set at 60fps but it records at more like 10.

For longer than 30 seconds you have to buy the full version:) Its cheap, i got it a while back. It does have a tendancy to lag a bit, try setting the FPS in fraps to record at more than what your game runs at, maybe that will help, my game runs at 30fps normally and around 15 while recording.

What mods are you guys looking forwards to the most?

Track wise I'm looking forwards to Deep Forest being recreated for RFactor.
Car wise it's close, I'm looking forwards mostly to the NAGT mod, the AJGTC all stars mod, the Prototype-C mod and the Touring car legends mod which personally I think will be the most fun.

Thewre's also a mod in the works but it's very early yet, with high powered supercars, there's the Bugatti Veyron and the Koenigsegg CCX confirmed, and also oddly the Audi R8 which is vastly out classed by thoes two. Still, I'd love to get behind the wheel of them.

the NAGT and Touring car legends are gonna be fantastic, really looking forward to the touring car one in particular. The Alfa Romeo challenge and initial D look good in the eary stages, hopefully it will be as fun to play as it is to look at, then other ones which are a bit less known, the CART 1998 mod looks fab, V8Star, the Xanavi GTR looks bloody fantastic but its only one car so meh..the german racing cup has the potential but needs to live up to that in its playability.

As for tracks, Shipwreck coast is top of my list, looks unbeleivable, set on a coast with a shipwreck on the beach, some great looking sections of road and an off road course. Grasmere GP, set in the lake district. Really looking forward to the Euroring in Hungary being done my ISI. And naturally the rest of the Nordschleife all road, the village section has been released and is a great drive plus you can drive about 2-3km of the nordschleife and it looks fantastic.

Shipwreck coast does look like it'll be a great track, but Deep forest is my fave Gran Turismo track so the chance to race that in RFactor is really appealing.

I'd love to see more point to point tracks starting to appear, as long as or perhaps longer than the Alpine mountains and Pikes peak, tracks for raod cars as well as rally cars. Also I'd love it if someone would do the Isle of Man track, the only game I know of that has that is Grand Prix Legends.

Car wise I'm waiting on Touring Car Legends, GP2 2006 and one of the DTM mods.

Trackwise Shipwreck Coast I can't wait for. I was thinking today while owning online in my Megane would be cool to see the Race of Champions track, or even as a full mod.

I'm basically wating for 4 things:

- the new rFactor patch (that is hoped to allow 100% bug-free driver changes for endurance events)
- F1 1979 Mod
- Touring Car Legends
- Prototype-C (hmmm, endurance events at Fuji, LM and DaytonaRC... sweet :sly: :sly: :sly: ).

I was looking in to the mods for rFactor, and there are some cool one's:tup:.
But when I looked at the file size's I almost died:crazy:.

Ash, I've suggested it at RSDG's new forum, the guys who did the Megane mod so i guess we'll see soon enough if they are willing. lol

Which demo and what was rubbish about it?

RFactor is probably my fave racer thus far. LFS is a bit more realistic as it is when compared to anything else I've tried. But RFactor is up there with the best of the rest, it's just a much better off line game than LFS, and I spend far more time offline than online. That said, RFactor also has very good online code. Much better than GTR's.

i'm still very impressed at the graphical detail of the ctdp 2005f1 mod... it looks like they did a better job with the modeling and texturing than that formula ce game for the ps3.

I tried the demo, and if it represents even 20% of the game, I say that it's rubbish.

I'd say the rFactor Demo represents -20% (yes, MINUS!) of the actual game.

I also hated the demo, but after getting some mods (legends, catherham, v8factor and f1 1979 demo), I'm loving it more and more (especially as it supports the iVibe TFS2).

I was about to post that, I just checked on RCentral now and saw it. this is just the new Paris track though, I'd like to see the old track done as well but this is much better than nothing :D. Then we'd need some WRC cars to go with it. The list of wants never ends :lol:.

:lol: Well if historic rally cars can be done then so can modern WRC cars:P Its unfair on the modern fans really.:D

sweet, ROC tracks. all we need is the cars, the Porsche and Megane's we have already :D

I've been thinking about getting this game lately, but....eh, I don't know. I really don't like the ISI physics engine, and although the prospect of mods and a wide variety of real-world tracks/cars is enticing, sifting through all of the garbage for the quality stuff is something I don't enjoy.

I mean, hearing that the Nordschleife was available got me excited, but I watched a video of it and the the way the car moved combined with the inaccuracies of the track really turned me off. :indiff: I found a newer, better version being worked on by someone at the RaceSimCentral forums, but he isn't finished with it yet.

However, if anyone here knows of an 80's/early-90's Group-A or DTM mod, I'll be sold. :D

1031dz6.jpg

Back