Richard Burns Rally - RSRBR 2016

• Thread starter richiem2282
  • 338 comments
PS cool RBR videos richiem2282, and the GT5 style HUD looks simply glorious! Clean with the info you really need and not all that stuff. I wish PD add the same layout in GT5!

Thanks man, Ya, GT5 would be so much cooler if we had a decent Rally package with it. As for the GT5 clocks, for some reason they don't work once you install the HD File, oh well the old clocks will have to do.

Well guys here's a little update. HKS, I uninstalled and reinstalled in a new folder and not the program folder like you suggested and that seemed to do the trick. I'm now able to adjust the resolution to what I want and the file saves. Also my controller and game settings are now saving like they are supposed too. I can play the game ok now at least, but still having a couple other issues.

I can't figure out how to get the hdr mod to work like mentioned in the first page of this thread. I also have the cam hack that I can't get to work either to change the FOV since adjusting the resolution. I got the dll file it says it requires, but it still says it's not on windows. I also tried to download the 2011 mod pack and I can't get it to save to my pc so I can install it. I tried to DL it off that rallysim forum but it said after it was done it couldn't save to try again. Worst thing is it took around an hour to DL only to say that at the end:grumpy:. The game is a blast now that I got the resolution right and my settings are saving. I just want to get the 2011 pack working now.

Last edited:
I'm glad at least something is working. About the 2011 mod I don't know how to help I don't have RBR yet, it's on my "to buy list" but I guess I'll skip it to Christmas holidays eventually. With a new mod platform I need time to figure out things, you know. You could try to a specialized RBR forum, I'm sorry I can't help further. : (

Last edited:
I'm glad at least something is working. About the 2011 mod I don't know how to help I don't have RBR yet, it's on my "to buy list" but I guess I'll skip it to Christmas holidays eventually. With a new mod platform I need time to figure out things, you know. You could try to a specialized RBR forum, I'm sorry I can't help further. : (

It's all good man thanks for all the help earlier 👍. I got the 2011 mod working the other day along with all the car packs. Just took a couple times downloading it before it actually saved right. After it downloaded right it installed first try no problem. Its way better now with more stages and all the cars and different mods. I haven't tried going online to race anyone yet because I still suck lol. I haven't even done all the stages yet. I got my copy off of ebay for $12 shipped so defiantly a great deal if you want a rally sim and not the console games that are out today.

Yeah sometimes I say myself "come on buy this RBR!" but in my spare time I keep messing around with GTR2 mods, skins and stuff.. really I would like to have more free time for other sims, one day I'll buy it that's for sure. Glad everthing's working now, have fun!

Absolutely love this game so hard but yet so rewarding. Even more surprising is it works on my 5 year old laptop. If your interested in it you should download the demo to see if it will work on your old laptops, but trust me its so worth it if you like sim racing.

I have question though for those who have a fanatec wheel and the sequential shifter. Can the sequential shifter be mapped to the handbrake? i.e pull on it will engage the handbrake. Was thinking of getting the shifter set but would like to know if i can use the sequential as a handbrake and use the paddles for the gears. TIA

Absolutely love this game so hard but yet so rewarding. Even more surprising is it works on my 5 year old laptop. If your interested in it you should download the demo to see if it will work on your old laptops, but trust me its so worth it if you like sim racing.

I have question though for those who have a fanatec wheel and the sequential shifter. Can the sequential shifter be mapped to the handbrake? i.e pull on it will engage the handbrake. Was thinking of getting the shifter set but would like to know if i can use the sequential as a handbrake and use the paddles for the gears. TIA

that's exactly the setup I'm using Mika, I have the GT3RS wheel and Clubsport pedals with the sequential gear shifter for the handbrake. RSRBR lets you setup the shifter which ever way you like. So some good news for you Mika!!!
👍👍👍

Awesome, that has just made my day. Cant wait to start doing some handbrake turns. If only you could use the H shfter I would be in heaven.

Nice setup like the official WRC chair. Don't know whats better an awesome setup like that or the game. Mines is just the old computer desk with my fantec carrera hard mounted. Going to order some CSR pedals and now the shifter set.

I do have a JBL surround sound system all round my office chair though. Thats the one thing RBR misses is an up to date sound engine. For me sound adds so much to a game when done properly. Hopefully GT5's promise of improved sounds will make it enjoyable.

If you do work out how to make the H shifter work make sure to tell us. I've tried but i only spent 5 minutes plus im no PC gamer i mostly play on consoles. Next on the cards for me would be a PC that can handle the sims then i'll look to upgrade my wheel. Just sick of the crappy physics on consoles. So envious of the mods PC's can do.

Yup true true.

Sequential does work perfect on this game to be mapped as handbrake but yeah the H-shifter is still a mystery for all of us. But I think Im satisfied using the paddle shifters though.

Dang I really like that simple rig richiem 👍

RSRBR12 is live, but the servers are really under pressure, so I'll download it later.

Here's a list of whats new:

10 cars :
- FIAT 500 Abarth (pack R3)
- Autobianchi A112 Abarth Normal (pack VHC_2)
- Autobianchi A112 Abarth Wide (pack VHC_2)
- Toyota AE86 Levin (pack F2000_13_2)
- Toyota AE86 Trueno (pack F2000_13_2)
- Seat Marabella (pack VHC_2)
- Skoda 130 RS (pack VHC_2)
- Skoda Felicia (pack A6K_3)
- VW Golf Maxi Rally (pack N4_S2000_1)
- VW Polo WRC Concept (pack A8W-12)
and...
- New version of "Puy du Lac" stage
- Integration of Chrono Evolution in RSCenter
- Relooking RSCenter
- Anti cut system (Beta)
- Code optimisation for Live

Richiem, have you got your RSRBR12 installed yet? Just finishing up downloading mine now so maybe going to try and install it tomorrow. I downloaded the track and car packs as well. According to the tutorial I got to uninstall all the 11' mod pack stuff and the game itself before installing the 12' pack. Will I have to reinstall the pace note mod so I can still have a different co driver or is it included in the 12' mod packs?

Richiem, have you got your RSRBR12 installed yet? Just finishing up downloading mine now so maybe going to try and install it tomorrow. I downloaded the track and car packs as well. According to the tutorial I got to uninstall all the 11' mod pack stuff and the game itself before installing the 12' pack. Will I have to reinstall the pace note mod so I can still have a different co driver or is it included in the 12' mod packs?

I haven't got a chance to install it yet, but I think you need to do a full clean install for it. Pace-note Mod will have to be installed also, that's easy though... Enjoy, let us know how it goes.. 👍👍

I would like to purchase this game via download. Has anyone done so, or also have any download site recommendations? I'd just like to avoid waiting for the shipping. :)

I haven't got a chance to install it yet, but I think you need to do a full clean install for it. Pace-note Mod will have to be installed also, that's easy though... Enjoy, let us know how it goes.. 👍👍

Yeah I kinda figured the pace note mod would have to be re installed since you have to uninstall and reinstall everything. I went ahead and downloaded the 12' mod pack, track pack, car pack and pace note mod again last night. I might get around to installing it today but not sure. I have a league race tonight on iracing so I need to get to practicing lol. After you have done all this a few times now like I have it's not that hard it's just time consuming doing it all by the time you install the game then the patch and reset you res. and game settings then all the mod packs. I'll most likely do it tomorrow so I'll post up how it is when I get it all installed.

I would like to purchase this game via download. Has anyone done so, or also have any download site recommendations? I'd just like to avoid waiting for the shipping. :)

I don't think you are going to be able to get the game this way. The game was designed originally to only play with the disc inserted. They came out with the patch 1.02 right after and one of the things in it is that it allows you to play the game without the disc with the patch installed. So you need the disc to install it at least once. The game now comes with the patch on the disc and it just needs to be installed. It came on my game anyway. It's good to have the disc anyway because with doing the mod packs you have to uninstall and reinstall the game to get the mods to work. I got mine off of ebay and the guy shipped it the next day do it was only a couple days wait.

If I am going to update to the 2012 mod. Should I follow the same procedure when I installed the 2011 mod?

If I am going to update to the 2012 mod. Should I follow the same procedure when I installed the 2011 mod?

Yeah it looks like it. I still haven't installed mine yet. There is a tutorial on the rallysim forum. Just uninstall the game and reinstall the game then the mod packs. I normally delete the install folder and start from scratch. If your on windows 7 be sure to create a folder to install the game in and DON'T install it in the program files. If you do you will have problems with the game like settings not saving. Found this out the hard way :lol:.

Yeah same here. I was really aggravated at first on why it couldn't run not until I made a folder just for the game itself on the C drive.

BTW I am installing the 2012 mod right now. The problem that I have though is that when installing the mandatory updates, which are the ones I should download. In this tutorial (http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6617), once you click "HERE" for the mandatory updates, they aren't there...

When you click on that link, the "here", you should see another link in the middle of the page that has the downloads for the track and car packs. I think the mandatory updates are the car and track packs. If you don't have the car and track packs you won't have anything to drive or race on obviously. There are only 3 downloads that I have seen for 12'. The 12' mod pack itself and the car and track packs. Install those 3 and I think it should work fine. I haven't installed mine yet but that's how it looks to me.

When you click on that link, the "here", you should see another link in the middle of the page that has the downloads for the track and car packs. I think the mandatory updates are the car and track packs. If you don't have the car and track packs you won't have anything to drive or race on obviously. There are only 3 downloads that I have seen for 12'. The 12' mod pack itself and the car and track packs. Install those 3 and I think it should work fine. I haven't installed mine yet but that's how it looks to me.

Ok I'll let you know what happens after I finish these long downloads for the 2 packs.

I got all my 12 stuff installed yesterday. It went faster than I expected but I guess doing it a few times now with the 11 stuff made it easier lol. I wish the new mini was included, but maybe they will have it out sometime. The new VW is pretty sweet. So to anyone else that has yet to install it yet you just need the 12 mod pack itself, the 12 track and car packs and your good to go. I installed the pace note mod again because I don't like the original pace notes and everything seem to be working fine. About to play a little myself right now :).

Nice.
About the pace note mods, whats the difference between that and the default one?
I'll simply have to look this up at google...

Back