RIP - Adam Yauch

Discussion in 'Music' started by Scaff, May 4, 2012.

1. Scaff

United Kingdom Behind you
    PSN:ScaffUK

2. Jacob

Sweden Göteborg.
    PSN:FishyJuice/SF3FX

Woah, sad news indeed. Can't call myself the largest fan of BB, but still...

Rest in Peace, Adam/MCA.
  3. Nessy

Premium
    United Kingdom UK

Massive fan of the Beastie Boys, very sad news indeed.

RIP MCA.
  4. Justin

Premium
    United States Minnesota

Damn, that sucks to hear.:(

R.I.P.
  5. NISM0_SKYLINE

United States Pinckney, MI
    PSN:NISMO_S13

I'm an Ad Rock fan, but MCA's voice gave the Beaties Boys something different. R.I.P.
  6. 20832

Germany Krautland

Really sad about this.
    I think we'll all remember him as the one of the pionieers of Hip Hop and Rap in general, a person that really influenced the "scene", and I believe without him (and the Beastie Boys) Rap wouldn't be there, where it is now.

R.I.P. MCA!
    Rock that mike in heaven!
  7. Patrick

Premium
    United States California

Nooooo. :(

RIP Adam/MCA
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
  8. Solid Lifters

Premium
    United States Inland Empire SoCal
    PSN:SOLID_LIFTERS

Cancer. At 47, man. Cancer is a mother :censored:!

RIP MCA
  9. Doth1s

Premium
    United States North Carolina
    PSN:Doth1s

I read that today. That sucks. The words I want to use aren't very AUP friendly, so I'll leave it at that.
  10. dhandeh

Premium
    England England
    PSN:dhandes

Not fair. RIP.
  11. Mac K

Canada Ontario,Canada
    PSN:macospet1

Not a big Beastie fan, but still a tragic loss for the music world. RIP
  12. ND4SPD

Premium
    Canada Guelph ON
    PSN:JeffZ28

God damn, I was really hoping he'd pull through when he made that cancer announcement.

One day, we will get you cancer.
  13. Slash

Premium
    United States Indian Falls, NY
    PSN:slashfan7964

I saw that, terrible loss even though I wasn't a huge fan.
  14. Pupik

Staff Emeritus
    United States HSV, et al

RIP, MCA...thanks for the great rhymes and great times!

I'm bummed out now. :sad:
  15. G.T.Ace

Germany Bonn, Germany
    PSN:GTAce

Can't believe that, my deepest condolences to his family, friends, fans and of course the rest of the Boys. Tragic news...
  16. Encyclopedia

Premium
    Sweden Gothenburg
    PSN:Agremont

Incredibly sad. I've been a huge fan of the Beastie Boys for a large part of my life and this just....isn't right. :(

R.I.P MCA.
  17. a6m5

Premium
    United States OREGON
    PSN:a6m5zero

He was a all-time great talent. RIP.
  18. Cowboys965

United States Connecticut
    PSN:Cowboys965

Terrible. R.I.P.
  19. Cap'n Jack

Premium
    Australia South of the South
    PSN:GoldMineGutted

Huge bummer. It's sad knowing that there'll never be any more Beastie Boys releases. Rest In Peace. :(
  20. SlipZtrEm

Canada Toronto
    PSN:NewAesthetic

I read this on the train today and was put into a worse mood for the day - growing up listening to the Beastie Boys molded my musical tastes even to this day. MCA and the gang are deservedly legends, and he will always be remembered. My dad went through the same type of cancer a few years back, and is now in remission; I was hoping Adam would pull off the same feat.

RIP Adam Yauch. Time to drink a Brass Monkey :(
  21. disinfected

Premium
    United States Dallas
    PSN:disinfected

Was never a big fan as someone else said earlier, but a tragic loss nonetheless.

At least he went out a fighter, as it seems like many other musical talents that have passed away as of recent couldn't have made that claim. It almost makes it seem unfair when you see one artist passing away due to drugs and suicide, or other cowardly acts, that another artist that fought a good fight and generally loved their life have to go.

One great thing about making music that people love, is even in death, you'll be immortal either way.
  22. LMSCorvetteGT2

United States Arizona
    PSN:HamiltonMP427

You can Sabatoge it to your heart's content now. R.I.P Adam Yauch and thanks for contributing to some of the best music that kept on coming.
  23. Spacegoat

Premium
    Australia Upside Down

Incredibly sad news. My condolences to his family and friends

R.I.P Adam Yauch.
  24. Bram Turismo

Premium
    Belgium Belgium
    PSN:bramturismo

I wasn't even aware Yauch had cancer, so the news caught me by surprise. R.I.P Adam Yauch.

Sabotage has always been amongst my all-time favorite songs.
  25. astrosdude91

United States Houston, TX
    PSN:astrosdude91

I'm not one of those people who is going to start claiming they are a huge Beastie Boys fan or anything. But I liked some of their songs. And MCA is a talent that will be missed. That's for sure. I was aware he had cancer, but I thought it was in remission.

Rest in peace.
  26. Cano

Premium
    Mexico Cephiro

What amazed me of this is how young he was. It sucks. Rest in peace.
  27. Dennisch

Premium
    Netherlands Hilversum
    PSN:Dennisch

Bye Eggman, you will be missed. :(

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? I egged the chicken, and then I ate his leg

28. Pupik

Staff Emeritus
    United States HSV, et al

Riding the cars, in-between stations
    When I pull out the station...you're gonna get yours!

(eggman was supposedly a graffiti artist in NYC, by the way)

I think the tough part about this acceptance it is their longevity, especially in the rather transient, living-in-present world of hip-hop. By bridging old and new-school rap and all sorts of other genres (jazz, funk, pop, R&B, rock, punk, classical, world) into their styles and backgrounds, they managed to stay relevant to their fanbase, but mostly obscure enough, even after their latest hit would crack through the airwaves every 3-4 years or so.

A lot of Beastie fans wondered if they would ever sell-out, and they never did...well, I have no doubt Mike D and Ad-Rock wouldn't spoil things in memory of 25+ great years with MCA.
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  29. Dennisch

Premium
    Netherlands Hilversum
    PSN:Dennisch

I just remember that the first ever cd I bought was (well it were 3 cds, but of of them was the Beastie boys.) Check your head, in 92 or 93.

Gonna search for a complete discography now.
  30. TankAss95

Scotland United Kingdom
    PSN:TankAss95

R.I.P.

Let's hope so.

On a slightly related note we may actually have a very bad future for health in general due to all of these new viruses and diseases. For example, a slight mutation of the Flu virus could become disastrous. It's a shame we have yet to conquer these things (like the medical professionals claimed they had done back in the 60's).
Next Page »