Status
Not open for further replies.

Slash

POWER BY FORD
Premium
United States
Indian Falls, NY
slashfan7964
Ok, I think we've all had enough and seen it enough to realize that there needs to be some ground rules when posting threads in this part of the forum. Please post in this thread with suggestions of rules that should be added. I'd appeciate if this was stickied by a mod or someone as everyone needs to read this before posting here.

When posting a thread in this section of the forum, be sure to:

~ Specify what track you will be dragging at, such as Indy Road Course, Special Stage Route 7, or Special Stage Route X, as these are the popular tracks for drag racing
~ Specify the type of car you are using, with the make, model, year and other specs that might be useful
~ Specify your drivetrain, such as MR, FR, AWD, RR, or FF
~ Specify what gear you launch in, how you launch (use of quick shifting or other techniques) and where you shift in the RPM range (known as shift points)
~ Specifiy wether you use Automatic or Manual transmissions
~ If you need help with part of your tune, post the part of the tune you want help with, such as suspension or transmission, along with your ratios
~ Don't ask for the best tunes, your not going to get them. Instead, you will be told to learn how to tune yourself, or you will be directed to basic tunes for a certain car and other various tuning guides posted here in the drag forum.
~ Specify any other useful information that may be helpful to those replying to your post/thread
~ Post cleary and follow the AUP and other general posting rules for these boards

Please read this, this is how we feel.

To everyone talking 🤬 about the quality of tunes posted here - How about instead of you lurking here looking for tunes to make you faster, you stop being lazy and make your own or put the effort into learning to tune to begin with. You have got to be some of the most unappreciative, lazy, whining bunch of people I have ever seen in my life. What gives you the right to say someone else's work sucks when your's obviously isn't any better (otherwise you wouldn't be here trying out other people's tunes). For all of you that don't appreciate the effort put forth here by others to help YOU out, I suggest you learn to tune for yourself and try to be a little more respectful of others. Because tbh no one really gives a 🤬 about your opinion of their work. I for one most certainly don't. But being disrespectful about it will not be tolerated.

Please do not repeatedly post threads asking for good tunes, you will be only directed to threads with basic tunes that you will need to edit yourself to get fast. This will help cut down on the number of threads we will respond to. You will not learn anything if you do not do this. You have to want to help yourself as well, we won't do it all for you. There are also many guides available conventiently located at the top of the drag forum for you're viewing pleasure. These guides are not easy to make, so please appreciate them. Most threads end up the same way, with the OP angry because they didn't get the tune they were looking for and everyone told them that they wouldn't be able to get it anyway. We are trying to eliminate this problem. Fail to follow these rules and your post/thread will be ignored.

This thread has become a success for cutting down on the number of threads we've received over the past few years. Props go out to the tuning guide posters as well, great work guys.

Last edited:
What could be useful is a drag tuning basics thread. So people could get started by themselves.

What could be useful is a drag tuning basics thread. So people could get started by themselves.

Would be nice but could cause a ton of arguing over stuff. Like oh doing this is better than doing this type of thing.

Would be nice but could cause a ton of arguing over stuff. Like oh doing this is better than doing this type of thing.
And there used to be one, sadly, that one degenerated into a mafiaboy vs legitskills/someone else GME doesn't like thread.:lol: there is some useful stuff in there, just more arguing over theories than direct help.

And there used to be one, sadly, that one degenerated into a mafiaboy vs legitskills/someone else GME doesn't like thread.:lol: there is some useful stuff in there, just more arguing over theories than direct help.

Exactly, that's why we don't make a new one.

slashfan7964
Exactly, that's why we don't make a new one.

You could make it and then ask a Mod to lock it immediately, so nobody can post In it.

Please sticky this. You might want to add that people should not ask for " the best" tunes because that gets old too.

You could make it and then ask a Mod to lock it immediately, so nobody can post In it.

I'll ge PMs from people and they will continue to rage. Been there before lol. Quite possible though. I'll think about it.

Please sticky this. You might want to add that people should not ask for " the best" tunes because that gets old too.

I'll contact Jordan and see if he'll sticky this.

Thanks for all the support guys! I contacted Jordan, just waiting on a reply =P

Well, unless you're speaking Engrish, I think you're spelling CLEARLY wrong. :P

Also, make this stickier than a glazed donut. :cool:

:lol: I speak engrish! Herro, I am yerro :D :lol::lol: <--- not racism as I can't be racist to myself.

Yea, sticky it. It'll make request posts easier.

Onboy123
:lol: I speak engrish! Herro, I am yerro :D :lol::lol: <--- not racism as I can't be racist to myself.

Yea, sticky it. It'll make request posts easier.

Herro im yerro, Just like homerrr simpson xD.

I don't know, I PMed Jordan and he never replied. I was hoping it would be by now.

Ya I'm not sure what's up with this. I've still been pointing this out to people though, I see a few people still don't bother to read it but it has helped a bit.

Hopefully it'll be taken care of soon. But there will always be those who don't bother with reading instructions.

Ya I guess. I haven't heard anything from Jordan so I might shoot him another PM.

If this thread isn't going to be sticky then we should post here every couple days or so to keep it close to the top so people can read the instructions on how to post properly.

Ya I'll keep this up frequently. I was really hoping we'd get it stickied.

Nope...Was really hoping it would have been stickied a long time ago.

I’m sure he’s a busy boy with forzaplanet.net as well as the usual workload :)

*bump*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back