Seasonal Event - SSR5 is the most fun I've had on GT5 so far.

• Thread starter MidianGTX
  • 180 comments
I got 2nd on my first three tries 2 days ago, with mixed tuning. I tried it out last night on default settings, got consistent low 126s and beat it easily :D

Then I went ahead and beat the CRZ, RX7 and challenger events from the first tries.

Gotta agree, this was the most fun race I had by far.
First time I was behind by 35 secs when finished, I was like wtf,
but 3 attempts more got me passed the ford gt for first, and was a pretty awesome and challenging race. Hope to see more of the same in the future.

For the SS5, I had 1'30 for every lap except the first lap but after I have switched on the skid recovery, my lap improved to 1'26 and won the race. Turning on assist leads to faster speed? Interesting.

"Skid recovery" is the "cheat assist". It increases magically tire grip when you're about to slide.

Well after tuning up a skyline I have to agree with OP... best event yet for me in GT5... Although I am consistenly not getting first so I am either doing something wrong or need to tune the crap out of my car some more...

Started with my R34, don't even bother, its not quick enough. Finished 6th running at 1.32s. Bought a V Spec, did all weight reduction, electronic diff, all aero (looks mean as sin now) and finished 2nd then 1st, running 1.27s and a 1.25. lots of time can be caught up between the Itunnel and the bridge if you're sensible about it.

I bought a Nissan gtr vspec8 for this.
I added all of the weight reduction options, the sport air filter, a customizable suspension (lowest setting, stiffer suspension, more camber), sport soft tyres, clutch and at last a flywheel.

After that the car gets more competitive.
In the first run I came second the leader won with half of the main straight in front of me. But after knowing the car and the track better I overtook the leader in the very last corner. Great fun - without having a bad felling about overpowering the car.

The rx7 challenge was good, too. That's a neat oversteering car that likes to be drifted with. After I realized to rev it up to 7800rpm (the thing starts going at about 6800rpm) a victory was not to far.

Again, I turned on Skid Recovery assist and I won the Doge Challenger Event. I got 3rd without the assist. Now, I am a bit guilty because I used assists to win.

Yeah this event rocks. I love the style of racing. I got 2nd place on the first go-around with a SpecV and a few small mods. I bought some more drivetrain/suspension components, will try again tomorrow.

But dang, $700k at once and 70000 exp! Incredible.

guess what car you have makes all the difference. did it my Nissan SKYLINE GT-R M·spec Nür (R34) ‘02 (tuned of course), and the best I can do is get 8th. left a bad prologue taste in my mouth (start at the back in a inferior car and get 1st). Will try the GTR later.

Yep, R34 simply won't go more than 8th. Spent 2 hours setting the suspension, gears and all, and came 8th just like before the mods, but was like just after the Ferrari F430!
Blah, will have to buy a second GT-R. Other one is fully modded.

Cant get better than 2nd. My lap times are 1.29 at best. Either Im doing something terribly wrong, or I have some terrible suspension settings.

Any tips? Seems like the car is constantly understeering.

Cant get better than 2nd. My lap times are 1.29 at best. Either Im doing something terribly wrong, or I have some terrible suspension settings.

Any tips? Seems like the car is constantly understeering.

Look at the page before this & you should see the tune I used, it got me 3secs ahead of ford GT :)

Golded this last night and had hella fun doing it. The only drawback is that you can't get more money/XP per attempt. Finished 2nd three times before I got gold and only rewarded once, what a shame.

Unless I am missing something the 09 Vspec has no aero options and I think that's keeping me fom firsting it...

V-spec does have aero. Front, rear, extension (nose finlets) and wing. When you go to tune, you can't adjust anything but the wing downforce. Default is about 16-17, and you can only bump it up to 22 IIRC.

V-spec does have aero. Front, rear, extension (nose finlets) and wing. When you go to tune, you can't adjust anything but the wing downforce. Default is about 16-17, and you can only bump it up to 22 IIRC.

Are you sure? I didn't see it and the aero tabs for front and rear on the GT auto screen list nothing... I may have missed it though, it was late and I was more interested in slapping the car on the track so I will look again tonight.

Are you sure? I didn't see it and the aero tabs for front and rear on the GT auto screen list nothing... I may have missed it though, it was late and I was more interested in slapping the car on the track so I will look again tonight.

The R35 Spec V most certainly DOES have aero. I can post pics if you dont believe me

The R35 Spec V most certainly DOES have aero. I can post pics if you dont believe me

I have R34 V Spec... I will see when I get home, maybe I just missed it...

EDIT obviously I am confused as now that I think about it I can't possibly have an 09 R34... now that I think about it I bet it's the 99 VSpec R34 I was racing...

Last edited:
Seems like you have to drive faster than i can, my fastes lap time i have seen is 1.27 and that i have only done once.. Im running 1.28-1.29, and finishes 2-3seconds behind that damn GT.. I wan't a wheel now! ;)

Somebody can pass me the setup for gr-t v spec09?

My R35 Spec V Setup

Car: 2009 Nissan GTR Spec V
Aero: Everything
Transmission type: Manual (I dont see how anybody could do this with AT)

Body/Chassis:
Stage 1,2 & 3 weight reduction
Window weight reduction
Carbon hood
Chassis Reinforcement

Engine
Better not touch it

Intake System
Racing Filter

Exhaust
Better not touch it

Turbo kits
Better not touch it

Transmission
Fully customizable

Drivetrain
Twin-plate Clutch
Semi-racing flywheel
Adjustable LSD
Torque Sensing Center Differential
Carbon drive shaft

Suspension
Fully Customizable

Tires
Whatever the best you can use is
TUNING​
Aero-Front-2 Rear-22
Trans-Top Speed-199
Adjustable LSD
Initial Torque-30/30
Acceleration Sensitivity-60/60
Braking Sensitivity-35/35
Torque Sensing Differential
Front/Rear-50/50
Brakes
Front/Rear-10/10

Suspension
Camber-
Front=2.0
Rear=1.5

Toe-
Front=0
Rear=0.2

Ride Height-
Front=-20
Rear=-20

Spring Rate-
Front=16.0
Rear=12.0

Dampers(extension)
Front/Rear=7/7

Dampers(Compression)
Front/Rear=7/7

Anti-Roll Bars-
Front/Rear=6/6

Last edited:
I will post my setup once I get back on GT.

I am pretty sure he was thinking "no one would be stupid enough to put an arbitrary limit on what cars you can sell after buying them and ESPECIALLY if they weren't going to warn you when you bought them they couldn't be sold"

Closest i came tonight was 2nd by 2.3 seconds but i hit the wall twice on the last lap and killed my chance. I did basic sports suspension , weight 1 and 2 reduction and racing air filter.

The key factor is this, on the first lap you have to beat the white car before the last corners and ensure you get a slipstream from the car in front. If you arent close to the white car by the big hairpin, quit and restart. You must pass the white car on the back straight very early on and then plough straight into the last corner. If you dont get a good toe and pass the red car i think it is on the straight well before the first corner, quit and restart.

Your first lap should be a 1.29 and then if u do very well in the following laps you should be getting 1.28s by nailing a draft on every straight until lap 5 when you are likely to be in second and between 5-7 seconds behind the GT40. You can make a lot of this up in the first corners and into the last chicane.

Thats with all aids off, except TC1 and ABS1.

Back