Selling on GTP?

• Thread starter Bodyguard
  • 11 comments
United Kingdom
London
xX-nilo-Xx
Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask a quick question: are members allowed to sell sim hardware on GTP? I know this isn't an e-commerce site, but I've seen people post about deals on hardware and I just want to make sure I'm not crossing some kind of line by trying to sell my G27 here. I had a look for the GTP Guidelines, but I couldn't find them.
Sorry for the trouble, all help is appreciated!

Yes, you're welcome to sell any personal items in the Trading Post if you're a Premium member. See Dennisch's link above for all the details, and let me know if you have any other questions.

I've always had the idea that GTP would benefit from an open trading subforum rather than premium only; being one of the largest sim racing sites on the web and all. As it stands right now that subforum is inactive enough that it might as well not exist.

I've always had the idea that GTP would benefit from an open trading subforum rather than premium only; being one of the largest sim racing sites on the web and all. As it stands right now that subforum is inactive enough that it might as well not exist.

I'd rather people have something to lose, IE premium membership if they scam someone than have the subforum become more active.

You need some way of restricting it to keep out the spammers, scammers and people who would make single-purpose (ie, sell) accounts. I like the idea of restricting it only to people who have a vested interest in the site.

So pretty much what @UrieHusky said, yeah.

You need some way of restricting it to keep out the spammers, scammers and people who would make single-purpose (ie, sell) accounts. I like the idea of restricting it only to people who have a vested interest in the site.

So pretty much what @UrieHusky said, yeah.

Why doesn't GTP have a rule where the seller must have around 200 posts in non-commercial forums before being able to sell a product. And then once that product is sold, another 200 posts must be made. That might encourage stupid posts, but frequent lazy posters can easily be banned, can't they?

Just an idea...

EDIT: Perhaps the Moderators can hand pick trusted members who are then allowed to buy and sell on the commercial sub-forum? That way, acting badly does result in the loss of a privilege.

Why doesn't GTP have a rule where the seller must have around 200 posts in non-commercial forums before being able to sell a product. And then once that product is sold, another 200 posts must be made.
Because somebody has to take the time to administer it. As if the mods don't already have enough to do.
That might encourage stupid posts, but frequent lazy posters can easily be banned, can't they?
That too. Again, see above.

EDIT: Perhaps the Moderators can hand pick trusted members who are then allowed to buy and sell on the commercial sub-forum? That way, acting badly does result in the loss of a privilege.

Again, see above.

Hey it's only fifteen dollars a year for Premium, and (correct me if I'm wrong) you can even pay via Paypal.

Why doesn't GTP have a rule where the seller must have around 200 posts in non-commercial forums before being able to sell a product. And then once that product is sold, another 200 posts must be made. That might encourage stupid posts, but frequent lazy posters can easily be banned, can't they?

Just an idea...

I've seen people with over 10 thousand posts suddenly disappear over one altercation. Post counts don't mean that much to people :lol:

Latest Posts

Back