Set default weather?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Prontas_Probe
Is there a way to set weather on a track to a different default, eg. 100% surface water, 50% weather etc. so that you don't have to change it each time?

I know this doesn't answer your question but in case anyone is interested I do know Project Cars will have a fully adjustable weather settings but also a mode that queries the real current weather forecast for that track and bases the in game weather upon that forecast. More options for setting weather are certainly welcome in GT6+.

I know this doesn't answer your question but in case anyone is interested I do know Project Cars will have a fully adjustable weather settings but also a mode that queries the real current weather forecast for that track and bases the in game weather upon that forecast. More options for setting weather are certainly welcome in GT6+.

I've always felt this is a bit of a gimmick. I mean, it's okay if you're playing about the same time as the local track time you want to play at is... otherwise you could end up playing a circuit that's cold and damp simply because it's the middle of the night where the track is - and what about Winter? Tracks could be snow-bound for a couple of weeks... by the time you switched to that mode, checked, and switched back, you may as well just have set the weather settings you wanted anyway. I guess it works as a bit of a randomiser, but, I think I'd rather just have a "Start races with random weather" setting.

I think this feature will be most useful on the 2 player mode since it doesn't have course settings. Why should I reloading course to the desired time and weather in front of my eager friends.

I've always felt this is a bit of a gimmick. I mean, it's okay if you're playing about the same time as the local track time you want to play at is... otherwise you could end up playing a circuit that's cold and damp simply because it's the middle of the night where the track is - and what about Winter? Tracks could be snow-bound for a couple of weeks... by the time you switched to that mode, checked, and switched back, you may as well just have set the weather settings you wanted anyway. I guess it works as a bit of a randomiser, but, I think I'd rather just have a "Start races with random weather" setting.

That's why having at least both options gives players the flexibility to play how they all want. I'd certainly value the choice.

Hopefully in Project Cars we'll simply be able to set a start time and it pick up the forecast for that time of day or night.

No way to set default TC either, or default driving view for that matter. PD prefer to force things upon their customers rather than give them access to certain default settings.

👎

VBR
No way to set default TC either, or default driving view for that matter. PD prefer to force things upon their customers rather than give them access to certain default settings.

I know you have to set TCS when you first get a car, but after that the game remembers it (doesn't it?, all the cars I use are set to Zero..), and driving view, do you have to change it off bumper cam every race (I use BC anyway, so I wouldn't know)?

That's why having at least both options gives players the flexibility to play how they all want. I'd certainly value the choice.

Hopefully in Project Cars we'll simply be able to set a start time and it pick up the forecast for that time of day or night.

Yeah, I agree with choices, but I don't really see the benefit in having using real-time (or delayed) weather. Why not just set the weather you want, if you've got to go via options and selections anyway? I guess there's no harm, but I'd probably just leave it switched off, at least for the 6 months of the year it might load up with snow at the Nordshliefe :D

I know you have to set TCS when you first get a car, but after that the game remembers it (doesn't it?, all the cars I use are set to Zero..), and driving view, do you have to change it off bumper cam every race (I use BC anyway, so I wouldn't know)?

Yeah, I agree with choices, but I don't really see the benefit in having using real-time (or delayed) weather. Why not just set the weather you want, if you've got to go via options and selections anyway? I guess there's no harm, but I'd probably just leave it switched off, at least for the 6 months of the year it might load up with snow at the Nordshliefe :D

One benefit could be for people with time on their hands wanting to do a 24 hour race (online or offline) that mirrors the changing conditions at that track (could even be run at the same time as the real races. Like you I might not use it that often. Some sim fans like this level of detail. A friend who is very into his flight sims (and held a pilot's license) loves the feature in Microsoft Flight Simulator

Is there a way to set weather on a track to a different default, eg. 100% surface water, 50% weather etc. so that you don't have to change it each time?

There's currently no way to permanently set the weather to a specific settings so you can only set it up everytime you select it.

Back