Share your thoughts on Zahara!!

Australia
Where i'm at
xmalcolmpowderx
Hey Guys,

Its awesome to finally see that Zahara has now dropped. I hope that everyone is getting some enjoyment out of it.

Unfortunately for me, I will not have the time to test this track out for quite some time.

I am interested in what you all think of the track. Is it fast? is it technical? is it boring? Is it AMAZING?

Happy driving everyone.:cheers:

Love the track.
Had second thoughts about the event, with the voice over and all.
But after giving it a few chances I also really enjoy it.

Just a quick question.
If I have the track unlocked for open lobby and my friend has not.
Can he join me?

Well that was fun while it lasted, The track itself seems to flow pretty well not sure about the graphics but that could be my crap tv, The events are wayyyyyyyy too easy, I golded all of them first time out without even learning the track and I am by no means the fastest driver and I have been up all night so casual gamers rejoice, But be aware of the kamikaze AI who fail to see you barrelling up the inside and promptly force a collision, It's a kind of cool event but its much too arcady for a supposed sim.

So to sum it up its fun for about half an hour but then its back to normal boring GT.

It's great fun but I think it was a little too ambitious for the poor PS3. It really seems to struggle with this track (pop-in) and the cars loading in (stuttering). I'm going to try running the track in TT mode without the cars or other arcade trappings to see if it runs any smoother.

Yeah please report on that CeeJay as that's my sole interest in the track. All I want to do is pick a car and go for a ride on Zahara. I'm pretty annoyed that I have to jump through a hoop and run the rally to unlock it actually. I get that it's only a few minutes of time probably but it's totally unnecessary. Just give me the tools and let me do what I want with them.

We need moar Time Rally events! The style of the event will divide opinion (Voice, sound effects and user display) but I loved it, it has the feel of an arcade game such as OutRun. Gran Turismo needed something different to keep it interesting, and Zahara (both the special event and the track itself) did just that 👍

I like this track, definitely better than expected (I expected a track that's too long, has too few turns, overall very boring).
What I find surprising is the following: It seems that the game loads the assets of the entire track, rather than parts of it. When you switch between drivers that are on different parts of the track, you don't get a black screen for a few seconds (like on Nürburgring), which indicates that it doesn't require loading assets (or not many at least).

The off-track look is... not too impressive. It looks like they took texture/geometry data straight from Google Earth. Take a closer look at the lake inside the track: It's not flat as you would expect from a water surface.
Also as mentioned by some, the location of some invisible walls are weird.

On-track details are very nice though (except for some textures). Overall: impressive to push something like that on the PS3, together with non-baked shading and close to 60 fps, but it could use some polishing (there's hoping that it will return in GT7).

The event is really nice. Very surprising for PD to include Arcade style gameplay like this.

It's interesting to see the format of this 'first' long-distance track and the precedents it sets (the colour-based divisions, occasional lay-bys/mini-pits), not just for future course-maker environments but too for scanned tracks like the Ring or the Isle of Man.

Does anyone know what the numbers on the side of the road mean.

It is not KM like the Nordshilife as the numbers go past 33.

Latest Posts

Back