Share your thoughts on Zahara!!

I like this track, definitely better than expected (I expected a track that's too long, has too few turns, overall very boring).
What I find surprising is the following: It seems that the game loads the assets of the entire track, rather than parts of it. When you switch between drivers that are on different parts of the track, you don't get a black screen for a few seconds (like on Nürburgring), which indicates that it doesn't require loading assets (or not many at least).

The off-track look is... not too impressive. It looks like they took texture/geometry data straight from Google Earth. Take a closer look at the lake inside the track: It's not flat as you would expect from a water surface.
Also as mentioned by some, the location of some invisible walls are weird.

On-track details are very nice though (except for some textures). Overall: impressive to push something like that on the PS3, together with non-baked shading and close to 60 fps, but it could use some polishing (there's hoping that it will return in GT7).

The event is really nice. Very surprising for PD to include Arcade style gameplay like this.

I hope they have taken the texture and geometry from Google Earth. Bare in mind that this one of their custom made tracks. Hopefully, when we get the track creator and GPS generator app it can create tracks of this size and quality. That would be absolutely amazing!! :)

It's nice except for the massive frame jumps occasionally.. but I'm disappointed, feels more like a long race track than a street course.

Oh and I did want to say I appreciate the more 'gamey/arcade' side of this event. I know the 'jump bonus' and things like this are sending the sim racers scurrying for the hills but I actually really enjoy it. When I saw PD was adding a Top Gear track to GT5 I was so excited at the possibilities & fun we could have on the track, but in the end it turned out to be a pretty reserved/restrictive experience running on that track. I am glad they chose to loosen their tie a bit and have a little fun with this track! It's not something we see from PD that often.

I love the serpent road climb up the hill after about halfway around the track :)

I also like the restaurants with parking lots that are scattered around the track. You can turn in, park your car, stretch your legs, grab a snack...

They are perfect for cruising etc.

We can even do some "café racing"... start at the 2nd restaurant, first to get to the 3rd one wins. :P

It's nice except for the massive frame jumps occasionally.. but I'm disappointed, feels more like a long race track than a street course.

I think it's a relief that it doesn't feel like a street course. In my opinion, leave those to games like NFS, Driveclub, Forza Horizon, etc.

It is an EXTREMELY easy track. I can't believe I got the gold prize at my first attempt without missing a turn once. It feels incredibly similar to GT5's course maker tracks too. And I love the scenery. One of the best looking tracks in the game so far.

But yeah, the only downside is that it's not challenging at all. It'll get old PRETTY quick.

But right now I really have no interest in GT6. I just got Fallout 3! :D

Does anyone else notice that the traffic arrows painted on the road are oriented for right-hand drive traffic? I thought Spain is a left hand drive country.

Such an amazing track for free, If i see people complaining about PD again I will go "Fanboy" on them.

Other companies would charge us a good £3/$5 for Sierra.

PD is giving all this for free is completeing blowing my mind, I can't wait to play this track on GT7 again and again.

Well that was fun while it lasted, The track itself seems to flow pretty well not sure about the graphics but that could be my crap tv, The events are wayyyyyyyy too easy, I golded all of them first time out without even learning the track and I am by no means the fastest driver and I have been up all night so casual gamers rejoice, But be aware of the kamikaze AI who fail to see you barreling up the inside and promptly force a collision, It's a kind of cool event but its much too arcady for a supposed sim.

So to sum it up its fun for about half an hour but then its back to normal boring GT.
I "liked" your post because I agree. But I hate that you're spot on. Once everything is completed, there is no reason or incentive to re-try them.

Such an amazing track for free, If i see people complaining about PD again I will go "Fanboy" on them.

Other companies would charge us a good £3/$5 for Sierra.

PD is giving all this for free is completeing blowing my mind, I can't wait to play this track on GT7 again and again.
As much as I like to hate on PD's marketing stunts and business strategies, I have to agree with you on this one.

Grid Autosport is charging 5 dollars for a track pack, that is just straight up ports from Grid 2. As well charging 3 dollar per car pack, which are also straight up ports from older grid games.
And there is PD giving us a nearly 30km well detailed track, with it's own special events for free. Not many companies do that today, they'd try to milk out any last cent of their customers.

I actually liked the time rally events, maybe because i tried to just get the FT1 VGT around Panorama beforehand.

But other than that theory, i can't explain why, and i know for a fact its not because the 3 events are a gold mine. Though it did taunt me by placing the 250 GT in 2nd and 3rd events.(I KNOW THAT IM TOO LAZY TO FREAKING GRIND FOR YOU FOR 5 DAYS, DON'T REMIND ME DANG IT!)
If only there was a 4th event where- DANG IT, ANOTHER ALERT!
Anyway, if only there was a 4th event where you could pick what premium vehicle you would drive.
An on a different note, i could care less about having to drive with SRF on, infact, i always use SRF, especially in an Alfa Romeo, they are ruined without SRF.

To quote Mark (is it? )from CGR

When I turn on GT6 it gives me stuff, Forza just has very expensive DLC.
Apples and oranges. Put all the Forza DLC side by side with GT DLC and tell me if you see no difference in value. Then put the free Forza DLC side by side with GT DLC.

Apples and oranges. Put all the Forza DLC side by side with GT DLC and tell me if you see no difference in value. Then put the free Forza DLC side by side with GT DLC.

I'm jealous of all the cars Forza has as DLC, not jealous about the BS prices. Unless I'm mistaken we haven't paid a cent extra since we all bought GT6, even with some of these updates being promised from day one, in this day and age what we're getting is incredible, can't really complain.

JK Hurry up PD with the course maker already.

Well I've only had time to download it and I did the time rally with the Fiat 500. I did not gold it but I was very close. I only went off once and had 0 collisions so it was pretty easy over all. I wasn't pushing very hard at all for the first 3/4 of the track.

The track flows nicely and there was tons of places I could have made a lot better time if I wasn't staring off at the hills and the lake. It is definitely very scenic.

Since I've only played it once I don't know for sure...maybe someone can enlighten me. If I gold the time rally events is that the end of them or can I go back and do them again and win more money?

I enjoyed the track quite a lot, though it does look too much like a race track for my preferences. Hope they can get the framerate sorted though.

Some of the invisible walls are odd and the environment textures are horrible at times, but I understand a lot of that is to do with the PS3's limitations, and you don't really notice when you're flying along. I really like high speed sweepers and this has plenty of them.

Since I've only played it once I don't know for sure...maybe someone can enlighten me. If I gold the time rally events is that the end of them or can I go back and do them again and win more money?

Sadly once you gold the event that is it for earning any more credits. :( It stinks because I am always running out of money & it would have been great fun to use Zahara as my 'grind for credits' track! Much more fun than the other races I have to run to get some quick cash.

@CeeJay that does stink. I was hoping for the same. Well that's my only beef with the track then. Though that's more with the event itself than the track.

Just spent a couple of hours trying some different equipment. Overall I like it. Invisi-wall placement is odd in places though. Could maybe do with a little more 'texture' or 'unevenness' to the surface - other than the expansion joints on and off some of the bridges there really isn't much to upset the cars.

I can see some people might have been hoping for something tighter and twistier, which is fair enough, but for what it does offer, it's good fun. Lot's of scope for side-by-side racing.

Shame the 4 separate SS's can't be used just as point-to-point stages.

It always has been like this and always will be. If we pay for the content it will come at a sooner date after game release date.

When it is announced that it is free from the get go. It will come at a later date. This is not greed but merely business. With no funding from " GT6 players" through dlc they are using they're own resources for everything. And also to consider the sales were not the best. How can people be surprised it only came now? This update (1.12) is actually pointing GT6 in a new direction leading right to 2.0.0

Back