Share your thoughts on Zahara!!

The RE Amemiya FD3S feels right at home...

sierraFD_1.jpg

The Sierra Monster?

several combos robbed from me by petty contact from the AI drifting over and hitting me as I was passing them

Very annoying that. I would have had several perfect runs if not for that. Mindless swerving in easy curves *flicks v at AI*

Another thing about it that I loved is the voice. the whole rally feels incredibly nostalgic for us 80's 90's kids. It's like the old days of arcade racers. There are still mixed feelings about this update, but I appreciate that PD did something different but fun.

It reminds me of this:
OutRun-1.jpg

And this:
244763-cruis_n_usa_2.png

And not in a bad way :)

Man... now I wish this game had the Testarossa 512!

Holy Skylines the frame rate at the new event is awful. It's a shame, because I like it - hardc0re simmers be damned, the concept is a fun, 90's arcade homage - but the regular frame drops and lag (sometimes almost a 1/4 second, despite nothing more than a car or two in sight) turned me right off after the first event. This track seems to fall right in line with PD's never-ending hunt for high numbers; just like the misleading car count, they'll trumpet the course length at all opportunities, poor implementation be damned.

The AI in the event are quite literally the definition of middle-of-the-road, too. It was easy enough to dodge their, er, dodgy behaviour in the Abarth, but the faster Scirocco actually makes it harder.

I really do like the flow of the track, though, and I'm glad there's now a more appropriate place to drive at 8/10ths or so in GT. The game is hardly a great racing simulator, so I increasingly find any time I do spend with it is more casual, just to enjoy the steer, and the track offers enough variety to really appeal in that sense. I imagine it'll be the new de facto standard for cruise rooms, and that - provided PD doesn't drop PS3 content for the move - the inevitable PS4 version should be able to right the unfortunate loading problems.

Holy Skylines the frame rate at the new event is awful. It's a shame, because I like it - hardc0re simmers be damned, the concept is a fun, 90's arcade homage - but the regular frame drops and lag (sometimes almost a 1/4 second, despite nothing more than a car or two in sight) turned me right off after the first event. This track seems to fall right in line with PD's never-ending hunt for high numbers; just like the misleading car count, they'll trumpet the course length at all opportunities, poor implementation be damned.

The AI in the event are quite literally the definition of middle-of-the-road, too. It was easy enough to dodge their, er, dodgy behaviour in the Abarth, but the faster Scirocco actually makes it harder.

I really do like the flow of the track, though, and I'm glad there's now a more appropriate place to drive at 8/10ths or so in GT. The game is hardly a great racing simulator, so I increasingly find any time I do spend with it is more casual, just to enjoy the steer, and the track offers enough variety to really appeal in that sense. I imagine it'll be the new de facto standard for cruise rooms, and that - provided PD doesn't drop PS3 content for the move - the inevitable PS4 version should be able to right the unfortunate loading problems.

I did the Abarth event last night, and you're right, the frame rates get pretty awful!

Mine would always seem to lock up when there was a few cars on the screen in close proximity. This, combined with the signature AI led to some frustrating, teeth grinding restarts :lol: I'm almost dreading the Scirroco event now :scared:

Two things that would be nice to see added to this track are a full 24 hour cycle, and a reverse layout!!

I mean, the track can definitely be run both directions, it's a shame you have to have the "wrong way" blinker flashing in your face the whole time, and that you can't have a legit race in the reverse direction.

All that said, I still like the track, and am liking it more as I get to know it.

The event itself is something different from PD, so that's always nice to see. I can see it being a mini game that I go back to from time to time for a laugh, and it seems like it would be pretty fun to play with a few friends. Also a good way to get new players into a fun game mode right away.

Good things:
-Nice scenery
-Time Rally event is probably the most enjoyable thing in single-player.
Bad things:
-Track itself could be more rally like (no curbs for example)
-Not enough tight corners to make it feel like something that would be nice to drive in real live.

This is an enjoyable circuit but as others have said already there is an arcade feel to it that is probably due to the banners hanging overhead here and there and all the curbing and barricades that PD have felt necessary to add in. I really wish it was modelled just as the road is, no curbs no barriers. As is it's one heck of a test course but it would be great to have some of the worlds great driving roads brought to the game now, but without any barriers and kerbs being added in that aren't there. I want the virtual experience of driving these roads just as they are.

I love the serpent road climb up the hill after about halfway around the track :)

I also like the restaurants with parking lots that are scattered around the track. You can turn in, park your car, stretch your legs, grab a snack...

Parking lots that you can drive into? No foolin?:dopey: Pics?

I ran several laps online with the track and I didn't notice any frame rate drops like in the Rally event offline. I'm assuming that not needing to load all the checkpoints or the premium cars with number decals has a lot to do with this.

I had a blast racing this track in the new Nismo GT-R and a C7 Stingray. Now if only they'd fix the clutch on my G27...

Golded with Abarth, Silver with Srirocco and DNF with ferrari :D....awesome track experience

Here's my Youtube livestreaming recorded earlier :

scroll the player around -30 minuted before the end....I tried to paste with exact time but the embed failed.

I saw VW Combo while driving the abarth. Can I buy them ? Haven't check the VW dealership yet..too tired after 3 times driving the srcirocco around the circuit..

Golded the Abarth.....and easy 1.5mil cr

10461344_10152706593292145_2961756069239210267_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Parking lots that you can drive into? No foolin?:dopey: Pics?

I don't know if parking lot is the correct term, but it's sort of like a side road, or a small pit next to the road, always by a restaurant building. It has some stripes painted on the tarmac, looks like parking spaces.

I know I posted this in the photomode thread for the Zahara track, but it does sum up my thoughts pretty succinctly.
Circuito de la Sierra - Time Rally_26.jpg

I loved the Ferrari run and the way the engine sounded like it was fighting around certain corners. I've re-done the first level quite a few times now and look forward to re-doing the others as well.

Nevermind. I thought you meant something else. And yeah, unfortunately there are guardrails and stuff no matter the mode.

Well i am not really liking your confirmation, but you get my point... i think it s safe to say that most of us here would like for Kaz and PD to give us the exact same track here, but remove all the rally, race items, and forced/bored spectators on the side ... just the road, the car and yourself for a nice cruise...

I think that should be totally doable, and it actually might inprove the frame rate...

V1.13 or V1.14 by end of October...

Kaz Kaz Kaz kaz... please...

Not gonna happen, sadly.

As I've said once before, Kaz doesn't want to depict any kind of illegal street racing.

Don't mention SSR7/X because they're quite obviously closed-off tracks.

I love this track already. I got gold on the first stage and still have to do the other two, but I love the old arcade game feel that this event has. It's one of the funnest things I've done on GT6 for a while now. The track itself is really fun to drive, and I have a feeling that I will put several laps on the track with several cars. I might start playing GT6 again just to drive on this track.

Not gonna happen, sadly.

As I've said once before, Kaz doesn't want to depict any kind of illegal street racing.

Don't mention SSR7/X because they're quite obviously closed-off tracks.

That sadly makes sense...

Safety first, political correctness second, and everything else in the hype train...

Your comment make sense especially with the PD tie-in with FIA...

Gotta follow the rules and regulations for any automotive sporting / gathering event... it always have to be prepared and planned, not dis-organized or impromptu

Another poorly implemented addition proving yet again how utterly incompetent PD are.

Would probably enjoy cruising on the track online. But as it stands, I can't bring myself to do the tedious and awful events that you need to do to unlock it.

But as it stands, I can't bring myself to do the tedious and awful events that you need to do to unlock it.

You only need to complete a lap in the first event to unlock the track for your own use. You only have to put up with 'SEGA' mode for 10 mins if you are quick enough. :sly:

Another poorly implemented addition proving yet again how utterly incompetent PD are.

Would probably enjoy cruising on the track online. But as it stands, I can't bring myself to do the tedious and awful events that you need to do to unlock it.

I respect your opinion, but clearly you must be insane or simply lazy... you only need to try one of the rally once... and you dont even have to work that hard...

Clearly choosing your avatar was more tedious and required more awful taste than to play the rally...
It was necessary for me to point it out to you in order to convince you of my righteousness.. :)

To be fair though, I've had a lot of fun doing 500pp SH races on this track.

Nobody really knows it too well yet so it's quite an even playing field.

It doesn't matter. It's tedious, and it's boring. Fun must be a foreign word to PD.

Tedious and boring is having to grind 30-minute S-Class races over and over and over to get enough credits together to buy a car that doesn't even have an interior (see: Ford GT40 Race Car) or a racing series that has variety of opponents or make an adequate amount of credits (see: Historic Racing Car Cup... three 4-lap races -- one of which is on a track that doesn't exist -- that feature the same 6-7 cars, sometimes doubled up on each one).

Oh... wait... then yes, PD must not understand the meaning of fun.

Disclaimer: I actually enjoyed the rally. Kind of wish it was a bit more of a challenge and had more car options, though.

Last edited:
I just tried the track in reverse. It has a nice flow to it too. There are some blind corners, though, and a few of the jumps are slightly bigger than in the normal direction (some are a lot smaller too).

Looking at the trackside scenery, and how much repetition there is, and how generic a lot of things look, I really believe that this track makes (partial) use of the new course maker. They did add some banners above the track, but apart from that, it really gives me a course maker vibe.

It doesn't matter. It's tedious, and it's boring. Fun must be a foreign word to PD.
These are exactly the kinds of events that bring more fun to GT. It may not be something you enjoy, but most casual players love these events (especially those that grew up with 90's racing games).

Finally had some more time today to retry the first two rallies. The Fiat is easy to gold but fun! I was in a zone and had an overtaking streak of 48. Tough when the cars in front of you are intentionally swerving and braking the moment they see you. lol Golded the Scirocco too but hit a few of the AI's.
For those that are saying it's a bad dl,blah blah blah....have you even tried it yet? :P

I've seen people complain that the lake modeling is bumpy. As a sailor and wind surfer, I can tell you that lakes, like the ocean, are bumpy! But why the brown shadows between the waves?

I'm bugged that the roadside flags are not blowing in the same direction as the waves on the lake. Moreover, many windmills are not aligned with the majority of windmills, or the wind waves on the lake--yet they're spinning at the same rate.

Last edited:
Back