Should PD give us one last gift before closing the online portion down?

Lifting the daily trade limit would be nice before they close the online component.

I can send all my dup cards to those that need them and send all my paint chips from mt alt account to the main account.

As if they do that anyway. And in Gt6 you can buy credits to get you started if to lazy to do races to earn and what they charge is ridiculous as supposed be for fun not profit anyway. I been play Gt6 2 weeks now and got over 5,000,000 creds and over 50 cars as well, you also get upto 200% login bonus when play so credits build up really quickly that way ;):)

Last edited:
As if they do that anyway. And in Gt6 you can buy credits to get you started if to lazy to do races to earn and what they charge is ridiculous as supposed be for fun not profit anyway. I been play Gt6 2 weeks now and got over 5,000,000 creds and over 50 cars as well, you also get upto 200% login bonus when play so credits build up really quickly that way ;):)

I'm using a second account to play the game with zero credits. I'm at over 70% completion without spending a single credit apart from the mandatory purchase of the Honda Fitt. I have plenty of cars due to winning them which in turn has helped me win every race so far. And with the help of the 200% log in bonus and some large seasonal payouts I'm on well over 20,000,000 credits and yet to even complete all the Redbull events.

As for the original question, I have to say why? A whole new game is available to play where just for taking part in seasonal events and easy Redbull events you get some awesome free gifts. PD need to put all their focus in to GT6 and just forget about GT5. It makes me so angry that each week without fail they keep updating GT5 with seasonals yet their flagship game seems largely ignored and the seasonals we do get are hot laps, not races! Most of GT6 is very very good but it could be brilliant if they put all their focus into it. Personally I cant wait for them to switch off the online in GT5 as then they have no excuse to not fully commit to 6.

I'm using a second account to play the game with zero credits. I'm at over 70% completion without spending a single credit apart from the mandatory purchase of the Honda Fitt. I have plenty of cars due to winning them which in turn has helped me win every race so far. And with the help of the 200% log in bonus and some large seasonal payouts I'm on well over 20,000,000 credits and yet to even complete all the Redbull events.

As for the original question, I have to say why? A whole new game is available to play where just for taking part in seasonal events and easy Redbull events you get some awesome free gifts. PD need to put all their focus in to GT6 and just forget about GT5. It makes me so angry that each week without fail they keep updating GT5 with seasonals yet their flagship game seems largely ignored and the seasonals we do get are hot laps, not races! Most of GT6 is very very good but it could be brilliant if they put all their focus into it. Personally I cant wait for them to switch off the online in GT5 as then they have no excuse to not fully commit to 6.

Too right it all gt6 now as gt5 gone down a lot as nobody wants trade anymore now as much did before gt6, and the login bonus helps as well and so does doing all races to get creds built up as used do in gt5 anyway but lot more in gt6 as well. And come may 20th the gt5 servers are shut down so best be gt6 now as gt5 be nothing more but plain old console game from then ;):)

I was thinking a large amount of cash or some very decent car tickets as a send off to GT5 and to reward the players who still play the game.

It would be a shame and missed opportunity to just close the online portion with nothing happening at all, any thoughts?
Install some sort of trivia game that rewards you with those things. That would be fun, and better than assuming everyone who's playing online has been there since day 1.

Patch GT5's seasonal events in permanently so that you don't have to go online to race them.

Related question: Would it be possible to patch an installation of GT5 up to the most current version after the online support shuts down on 20 May? Say... by copying patch files over from another PS3 and installing them?

"A whole new game..." Really? That's why kazoo announced that there was at least 4 updates, one a month, ready for GT6. And that's before it was released! Maybe they keep updating GT5 because it's way better than 6. Also the ratio of online players on GT5 is about 10:1 compared to GT6. Don't be fooled by the hype, the finished and complete GT6 is already done. But it's not for PS3 so not only you will have to pay $60+ again for the game, you will have to purchase a brand spanking new console just to play it. The announced upgrades for GT6 are just a scam to get us chumps to buy the PS3 version. Which of course they will render useless when the PS4 edition comes out. Be warned my friends.

Last edited:
Why are they releasing all these new games for the current gen? They can barely handle it. It was a BIG hint for PD and SONY that GT6 was going to break PS3's when the consoles broke down DURING the demo showcase.

I think Polyphony should give players the following…

10 of each paint chip from the paint pack
Unlock all of the secret tuning mods like NOS, racing brake kits ect…
A special gift pack of cars including the 3 20,000,000 sportscasts and the Red Bull X2010
Some GT4 tracks like Seattle and ElCapitan
Permanently double the credits and XP
Gift us all the museum cards.

Then I will be very happy XD

Given how the whole thing has been handled and the fact that you won't ever be able to get the DLC in the future if you didn't already buy it they should give all the released DLC for GT5 for free. It all should have been in the game from release anyway.

Back