Sierra Time Rally Round 4

• Thread starter Tyger
  • 88 comments
Massively enjoyed the car. Crazy AI make it a challenge. So far maxed out at 2.4mill. Great track, awesome challenge and I want at least a 2.8million run.

My run I got clogged in a few spots by Ai, even a near miss rear end when then braked suddenly in front of me. But kept it together to the end for the Gold

I also found that you only really need the NOS at the beginning half of the track. It seems like the times are tight in the beginning and I need the boost to keep the time up, but later on in the track it's a lot more relaxed and NOS isn't needed.

Unless you hit something, then the nitro comes in handy, helping to pass as many as possible before the end.

Go aggressive and risk hitting other cars. Too conservative and you tend run out of time. What I found is that as I improved and began to learn the track, incidents occurred less often.

I wish we had more races of this nature. Would be great for improving one's CLEAN driving ability. Icing would be allowing this to be a grinder. Or setting up the races with PP limits and whatever car ya want to use. I'll use the mary wanna car... lol

I also found that you only really need the NOS at the beginning half of the track. It seems like the times are tight in the beginning and I need the boost to keep the time up, but later on in the track it's a lot more relaxed and NOS isn't needed.

I think this is the key because pretty sure I've been driving as cleanly and as quickly as some of the guys who have posted vids and got much higher scores, but I'm frugal with the nitrous and mainly use it in the second half of the lap, usually ending up with only about 10 seconds on the clock when I finish.

I also wasn't fully aware of the combos, and because I have SFX off I wasn't aware at all of the hilarious "Overtake! Overtake! Nice Job!" voiceover :)

I been trying something diffrent ram the crap out of the cars and still try and make the check point only managed up to section 3 haven't made it round yet. it fun because you lose time so makes it harder but if you do it right you can spin them out and pass them with a -1 and a +overtake so effectively canceling each other out . plus they drive like (insert curse) so its payback

I've been able to improve my score after another bunch of attempts.:dopey::)

My best score is now as follows:

Score -------------- 1,131,019
Remaining -- 71 ---- 710,000
Overtakes --- 60 --- 300,000
Max Combo -- 60 --- 120,000
Perfect --------------- 200,000
---------------------------------

Great fun!
GTsail

Last edited:
This stuff is really fun. :)

Score ------------------ 1,188,055
Remaining time --- 84 - 840,000
Overtakes --------- 67 - 335,000
Max Combo ------- 67 - 134,000
Perfect ------------------ 200,000

Total -------------------- 2,697,055

Last edited:
I've improved my time after getting a favorable lineup of AI cars:

My best score is now as follows:

Score ------------------ 1,203,730
Remaining time -- 76 --- 760,000
Overtakes -------- 68 --- 340,000
Max Combo ------ 68 --- 136,000
Perfect ------------------- 200,000
-------------------------------------

Great fun!:)
GTsail

Last edited:
Improved my score slightly.

Score ------------------ 1,110,497
Remaining time -- 21 --- 210,000
Overtakes -------- 60 --- 300,000
Max Combo ------ 60 --- 120,000

Not too bad I guess for someone who spends most of their time on the track all alone, with no traffic. (time trialing) Not used to have to negotiate traffic, but its a challenge and that's what the "warrior" is all about. :P

I've improved my score

Score ------------------ 1,228,433
Remaining time -- 92 --- 980,000
Overtakes -------- 74 --- 370,000
Max Combo ------ 73 --- 146,000

ps I passed an M4 right in the end and it didn't count for the combo lol (73 instead of 74)

I've improved my score

ps I passed an M4 right in the end and it didn't count for the combo lol (73 instead of 74)

:bowdown: +3,000,000 is possible?? It's in your sight... Kudos.

:bowdown: +3,000,000 is possible?? It's in your sight... Kudos.

I think it may be possible for me, yes :) But I know there are a lot of poeple capable of making 3,000,000+ 👍

I've already finished with 97sec left. But it wasn't a "perfect" lap...

Ever so slight improvement.

Score ------------------ 1,095,349
Remaining time -- 26 --- 260,000
Overtakes -------- 60 --- 300,000
Max Combo ------ 60 --- 120,000

Had some cool overtakes for the highlight reel, just wish I had a way to record these replays. Had one overtake where I absolutely threaded the needle between two cars. :eek: Having more fun with this than I thought I would. :)

Gave this combo another try.
What i found out so far, there are several random "seeds" which define how the other cars drive.
You can drive exactly the same time but you´ll overtake one car on another point on the track.
Even with a lap time several seconds faster you can´t get more overtakes than on other ones.

My best result so far: 2.789.107 points:

CWd6gW0.jpg

LkFprMm.jpg

I've improved my score

How did you get 980 000 points for 92 sec left on the clock, when you only get 10 000 points for each second?
If 92 is correct then your total should be 2,864,433 points and if total is correct then you ran with 98 seconds left on the screen.... and you know, 6 seconds is very big difference for this challenge...

Last edited:
I did 1.38X.XXX at attempt 3, in the first two i was very aggressive, but every time i ended up with hitting some idiots, so i decided to take it easy, without take risks in overtake, and i won easily, but without 90 seconds left :D

How did you get 980 000 points for 92 sec left on the clock, when you only get 10 000 points for each second?
If 92 is correct then your total should be 2,864,433 points and if total is correct then you ran with 98 seconds left on the screen.... and you know, 6 seconds is very big difference for this challenge...

My guess is that the remaining time should read 98 seconds, since then the total would calculate correctly.

Maybe @zzz_pt can check if he still has the replay?

Respectfully,
GTsail

My guess is that the remaining time should read 98 seconds, since then the total would calculate correctly.

Maybe @zzz_pt can check if he still has the replay?

Respectfully,
GTsail
He has the score in the OnLine Standings on his friends list... A picture will do it... otherwise is not making sense because, if you read this thread he also said he got a 97sec left but was not perfect. Now... 98 is better than 97, so if he did 92sec left, the score is different. (comment #78).

98 seconds. ;) I won't post a picture. I'm in germany and I don't have the PS3. Either way, I don't really care if someone doesn't believe the 98 seconds. :)

98 seconds. ;) I won't post a picture. I'm in germany and I don't have the PS3. Either way, I don't really care if someone doesn't believe the 98 seconds. :)
You got it! Your post was wrong which is not a big deal anyway... The total is crazy awesome... It was not the speed but the passes and combos, combined with ending time.

I got it quite easy after the surprised rain caught me in a loop, but when it doubt HONK!
One of my runs I did I think I used the horn like every 30 seconds during the run. I don't know if it helped but kept my frustration at bay.

Latest Posts

Back