SimRaceway

• Thread starter bin0
  • 793 comments
I am running Windows 7 64 Bit on a custom PC. I find it odd that it wont work properly regardless. Try are reinstall?

Hmm, I have i5 Haswell as well. Is there anything in the log file? I get one that has been edited on the root of the C drive. Does that shine any light there?

Did some laps with the MP4/4 around Circuit Park Zandvoort in the Test Drive Weekend event. Seems like a very long time since I played the game. Didn't like the FFB with this car and also handling, seemed to snap oversteer on power probably due to the torque even in higher gears especially on bumpy parts of the circuit so not so fun to drive. Didn't manage to do a particularly good lap but good enough for first position by over couple of tenths. I'm amazed how few people play this game so quite good to see the service still running. Video of two laps good enough for first position for the Test Drive Weekend Event below:

Windows 8.1 64 bit on a 5th gen i5 here
I've also got 4th Gen i5 and Windows 8.1 64 bit and it worked fine for me so might be worth trying to reinstall it as Administrator if you haven't fixed problem already.

New Camera movement in a recent update i take it.

Definately dont remember THAT much movement in the Mp4-4
Don't really know as I rarely play the game and first time with MP4/4 but maybe because it is a live in-game recording instead of replay, that might be the difference?

Currently running the game and its working. Only issue I have right now is this annoying issue where for some reason as I try to map buttons, it gives me this:

20150107_222714-jpg.286807

This is irritating because I can't set any function without getting that everytime. Had a similar issue on rFactor once and it did the same thing.

Edit: Well, I just had to work around it and I got it.

Anyhow, did some laps and here's impressions on the three default cars I drove :

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X: For a car with AWD, its understeers quite abit. I found myself having to really work to get it to turn the way I wanted it to.

BMW 1M: Felt good, lightly oversteers but its controllable and not a death trap. Felt really fun to attack the fast corners, had more grip then I was expecting.

Formula Simraceway: Absolute fun, just point it and go. I was expecting to have something comparable to the 2011 GP2 car I drove in rFactor but it was instead very comfortable. Really, it feels like a car where you'd have to be hilariously idiotic to screw up driving it.

Overall, I love it. Many don't like the Free-to-play model but since this has the option to use in-game credits instead of your own money, its not a huge problem for me as I don't mind doing necessary events to earn it (in fact, I already think Hot lapping is going to be my main income). I was under the impression I'd never get to play this as it'd be something I'd have to buy but after finding out its actually free to download, I've got it and its wonderful. Track selection surprised me too as I was expecting the short list I usually am used to with demos and free trials.

Now if I can only figure out how to watch replays from trackside instead of just from 1st person, cockpit and 3rd person view...

Attachments

• 20150107_222714.jpg
    20150107_222714.jpg
    902.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Racecar that would be using the the home key on the right side fo the keyboard. I think page up and down change the angle, but I think that's the way IIRC.

I played this again a few days ago. Payouts seem to be better than they had been the last time I played. I also spent most of my credits on buying the cheapest cars in the game that I didn't have.

@GTPorsche The problem is that there are championships that still have to be paied out from April...

Hot Laps and Challenges single events got a fast payout, around 1 or 2 weeks, but championships, meh. I'm still waiting:
- 3$ from American Legends 500-900;
- 9$ from Out of this World 900-1100;
- 11 to 14$ (we don't even know the official final results) from GP Anniversary 900-1100;
- 34$ from GT Giants Mid-Week (all SQ).

Personally I don't play from the end of GT Giants champ (finished in October) because I use payouts to buy the cars for new champs, but atm I'm out of money 'till they pay those champs I listed above.

I've never participated in those championships because it's not worth my own time since I know I'm not fast enough to earn anything from them, but that's pretty poor on SRW to not pay out for an event.

Well, as said, single events like Hotlaps and Challenges got fast payout, around 1-2 week(s), in bad moments at max go tup to 3 weeks, but they are fast. Championship are ridicously slow, this is why for this 2015 atm there aren't announced tournaments, they want first to pay those of past year, then will start with 2015 champs.

Lol @ coss and Crew, They just keep Shooting themselves in the foot. :lol:

I will give him credit tho, I personally would NEVER be able to put up with all the bitching and whining that goes on in that community. $$$$ bring's out the greedy in people and that's rarely the nice side..

The only thing I want to suggest them (and I already did once) is to hire a couple of ppl to do some of Coss' work. It's now clear, even to him I hope, that he can't keep up the game alone. Phil has come back to a more customer-helper-side position, but still Coss is doing 90% of the work I think.

As said, I would like to join again champs, but without money to buy cars and be sure to join at least 75% of the races, I won't even try. Plus, now World of Warcraft raids and some random games keep me away from a chance to get into a mid-week champ.

Wish such a small community, i could only imagine how difficult it would be to deal with a community say the size of AC currently or Pcars. Coss would commit suicide before being able to answer all the Dev question's and what not on the forums. IMHO SRW will always be a small outfit and serve a niche market. Lets be honest the Multiplayer lobby's are a joke and the fact you STILL cant select what car/Track you want to run is a Freekin Hilarious.

It is still a game which is enjoyable to both pro and noob players.
- Pro players got championships which make them engange good and hard races;
- Noob players got a free simulation game which is quite nice even with keyboard or pad.
In the middle there are the good players like me which will just enjoy the competition as it is. I don't play Quick Races because the high amount of rammers and don't want to waste my time with them crashing me, but I drive in hotlap events to test my skills and bring them in championship races.
This is how I got my 5th final position in the GT Giants champ, even by losing the first 2 races and not getting a "second chance" for the 2 worst places which would get excluded, in this way my exclusions were the 2 0s for not joining the initial races because out for an holiday. In that champ I just made a demonstration on how it was important to keep the concentration for all of the race (52 up to 58 minutes long), because my pure speed was of around a 10th place, but my opponents did a lot of errors and always got better placements. Just in last 2 races I also did stupid things and in fact I got the worst placement (10th, I've destroyed the car and got lapped) and a 6th place (tnx to, again, errors of other ppl) but after doing 3rd place in the qualifying hotlap event, so overall disappointing. But at the end, got a better-than-estimated 5th place, the last 2 races just blocked my chances to get 4th, but still too far and probablyt won't get it even without errors.

I used to Laugh Sooo hard at all the Restarts of the A race, F'ing HILARIOUS, best of the best.....uhh ya right......I think Not.

KB racer's in the A was also a joke...shouldn't be possible.

@GTPorsche depends on the track, from 2 up to 7 per lap if it is short or long. To buy a 7.500Cr car you need then around 1.100 laps in a long circuit like Silverstone GP, but for the newely "Progression ladder program" cars you need much less. There are nice cars for 1.000Cr, so you need "only" 120 laps to get one of them.

@Nick Moxley Yea, quite disappointing also that some pro players do bad things at the start. About the keyboard, I think it's because they optimized the game also for keyboard users giving keyboard settings "soft" commands, a thing that other simulations don't have.

Racecar that would be using the the home key on the right side fo the keyboard. I think page up and down change the angle, but I think that's the way IIRC.

Tried it and it didn't seem to work for me. I pressed it and it didn't do anything.

Edit: Hold up, I got it. There's two buttons each for "pg up" and "pg dn" (and they are both on the right side of the keyboard, which didn't help :confused:). The ones at the top were the ones that did it. Thanks for the help 👍

Last edited:
I checked. I have a full keyboard. The pgup and pgdn buttons did change view. The End key worked to different views of the circuit. I am using a Logitech K360 Keyboard. I hope that will help you out. I only know this works when going to the main menu and selecting replay then play any replay you have saved.

Solved

Last edited:
I checked. I have a full keyboard. The pgup and pgdn buttons did change view. The End key worked to different views of the circuit. I am using a Logitech K360 Keyboard. I hope that will help you out. I only know this works when going to the main menu and selecting replay then play any replay you have saved.

Read the edited response.

Most of the generic Simraceway branded cars are given to new members for free as part of the new "Progression Ladder" pricing scheme that is now being rolled out, though if you are already a member you can pick all of them up for 1 credit each.

The JCW Mini was added to the progression ladder as well. Stage 1 for 250 credits. I picked it up and used it in the hotlap event, but Pudsey is a pretty boring track and having the start/finish line halfway around the track from the pits makes it a bit of a time drain towards running laps.

Holy crap:

20150112_232027-jpg.289531

tumblr_inline_mzd15d6hEI1rdggth.gif

Attachments

• 20150112_232027.jpg
    20150112_232027.jpg
    647.6 KB · Views: 33
Back