Site policy on posting personal information?

Indonesia
Paint booth
FMecha_EXE
What is :gtplanet:'s policy and stance on posting somebody's else personal information without their permission - also often referred as doxxing? :)

Here ya go:
aup
You will not post any person’s private information within the forum but your own. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any personal data or information that you choose to disclose and make publicly accessible via GTPlanet, and that any personal data or information may remain indefinitely indefinitely.
Note it makes no reference to permission, so technically even if someone else urged you to post personal info about them, it's still an AUP violation.

Simple; don't do it. If you do, it's a violation of the AUP and a mod will contact you and give you a present. :P
AUP
You will not post any person’s private information within the forum but your own. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any personal data or information that you choose to disclose and make publicly accessible via GTPlanet, and that any personal data or information may remain indefinitely indefinitely.

Tree'd by a few seconds. :banghead: :grumpy:

I'd strongly suggest not posting your own personal information. Post someone else's info and you won't be here for long after.

TB
I'd strongly suggest not posting your own personal information. Post someone else's info and you won't be here for long after.

Instant ban, like what Reddit does? ;) And why I should not post my own personal info?

And why I should not post my own personal info?
If you feel the burning desire to post your name, address, phone number, etc, have at it, I guess.

But don't come complaining when you start receiving more junk mail and prank phone calls... :rolleyes:

Anecdotal but questions like "What was your first car?" might seem appropriate, but it's a security question on some sites.. "Where are you from?".. same... may aswell start threads asking "What is your mother Maiden Name.. who do you bank with, and if you could pick your favourite security code, what would it be?" :lol:

Personally, my policy is, I don't say anything here that I wouldn't say to somebody in the pub.

Anecdotal but questions like "What was your first car?" might seem appropriate, but it's a security question on some sites.. "Where are you from?".. same... may aswell start threads asking "What is your mother Maiden Name.. who do you bank with, and if you could pick your favourite security code, what would it be?" :lol:
And, thanks to "What's your Star Wars name?" (and games like it), a lot of that stuff is already out there - completed willingly.

Back