slipSHOTS: GT5

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 707 comments
Diabolical - Thanks! I've been using a lot of wide-angle since GT5 does all the blur work for me, but I'm gonna try to avoid it for the next little bit. It's everywhere now! :lol:

Luis - We were all travelling at essentially the same speed, that's how :)

Adavicro - Thanks!

Awesome set! I like the yellowish filter treatment you have done to the pictures. Did all 3 of you have the option to save the replay after race, or only the host can save the replay?

Beautiful gallery, and some awesome pictures already! Congrats on joining the moderating team too 👍 (edit: Does that make you a Photomod? 💡)

Last edited:
Looks like a blast! Agree with franz, love the yellow tint to them all! I wonder who is in the tvr lol? Keep up the great work and congrats as well on being a moderator.

Hi Slip!
It's great to see you and many others really exploring the potential of the new Photomode, it'll be really interesting to see what multi-car shoots appear in the future... the possibilities are fascinating!
Anywho, an excellent start to your gallery, looking forwards to seeing what comes next!

I'll need to get in on the track meets.. need someone to capture my supra's brilliance :P.. and oh god that TVR, do want.

Last edited:
for the track meets you can save the replay and shoot it? i'm sorry it's just really cool and would love to know how.

Brilliant Slipz! I love 'em all, you got some great shots of my Lancer there! If I had to choose my favorites, they would be the first and last pictures with us riding in formation, and the fourth shot at La Sarthe. Great stuff, keep 'em coming! :dopey:

Oh yeah, the online photoshoot was superb, enjoyed all aspects of it, the race at the end was a nice touch to wrap the whole thing up too. Get hold of me next time you are doing another. 👍

do you get an option to use flash now ? or is it still like the old ways, available light..etc.? the shots are looking great though. what did you edit these with? any file format options besides the useless jpg ?

Great work, as already mentioned I liked yellow tone to the pictures and the close ups of the TVR are great. Must be really nice being able to take pictures with the worry of pixelation

^Alonsooooo!!!! :D

Great update! 👍 Good variation a composition and the colors are good on the eyes. Especially I like the TVR cockpit shot. :) The 3rd shot looks like a filler to me though, if I'm critical.

Alfa Romeo TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato @ San Gimignano

(click on images for full-size)

Kept it simple, so as to focus on what's important; the car!

Franz - Everyone can save replay 👍. I have noticed a few times in online races though, that the game messes up after the race is over, and "starts over" (the results screen will say everybody is still "Running..."). When this happens, a replay is lost :(.

Shigegaki - I hope so :D

Touring - Thank you, I believe it does!

RG - The tinting is the one major thing I miss from GT4. It definitely has a drastic change on an image without actually being drastic 👍

Rev - Glad to see you back after all these years, think of how many less hours you have to spend on corner blurs!

Union - It's too bad your GT-R had to leave the fight between Riiv and I, there were some good moments there, for racing and for shooting...

Star - When you're done a race, select the Race Results tab, and the option to save the replay should be there.

Mag - Thanks again for a good time, both the shoot and the race. Must. Get. Headset. :lol:

jgda8rs - No flash option, but shutter speed still doesn't really affect the amount of light, just the blur. I edited in CS3, though really only for some tiny level adjustments and a photo filter. And the sig.

725 - You have no idea!

Sej - Yeah, I was going for something with that one, that didn't quite work as planned. Thanks for being honest!

Everyone else - Thank you, as always!

Last edited:
I love the miniturised pic of that Alfa!!! It works so well!!! All ive managed to do with that filter is capture an insane amount of reflections on my Veyron (Tokyo R246 Veyron: The one with the black skyline and turn One)
Do please look at my Gallery Tweetman_277's Gallery

Only thing I'd have to say would be the hood seals. That leather wrap looks really strange for some reason, very floating in loose air-like. The detail of the chrome around the lights are insane, though. Gotta give PD a big thumbs up in that area. 👍

SlipZ, have you tried the Supra yet? I know the MKIII is a premium model, but since I haven't seen any MKIV photos yet around the boards I'm starting to worry my lady looks as awful as she did in GT4 :(

btw, the link on the first post for the alfa linked to the first post itself.

Would have been neat to see a closeup of the leather belt hood latch, those are some of the coolest (though extinct) features of cars from that era.

I guess the online is still room for improvement. Awesome photos again 👍 I have to admit I have a soft spot on classic racers.

La Festa Cavallino @ Monza

(click on images for full-size)

Update Info: The F40 gets a fresh coat of paint from sister-brand Alfa Romeo: Bianco Spino. With the same black rims as the first update, W. Justice took it for a win to net another red one. That last shot? I couldn't get a decent angle, but he's passing the Enzo on the outside of the chicane with a dab of oppo. Also fiddling with the watermark a bit. Enjoy!

Tweetman - It's not an in-game blur; I don't like the lazy GT5 filter, so I did it in Photoshop instead :).

TVR & Sems - Thanks guys!

Bram - Yeah, I noticed those too after taking them; ho-hum. I haven't spotted a single RZ in the used lot yet! And I'm at 175 cars already! :lol:

Onion - Thanks dude. I had a close-up of the leather straps for exactly that reason, but like Bram said, they look kind of floaty, so I cut it out of the update.

Franz - Same, I've grown to love the older stuff. The Alfa is the worst-value car in the game though; 10mil for 160hp! Good thing it's so beautiful!

eG - Not yet, no... have a bunch of other plans lined up :D

Last edited:
A very good set of white F40. Scuderia's engine shot probably my favorite so far, too bad the tree reflection is not blurred like in real life. I actually love white Ferrari, and Bianco Spino probably the best white for it. By the way I like the SS only signature better, but I guess it is too much work to remove watermark ;) or maybe you consider take a second shot with the angle tilted up a few notch to recover the background behind the watermark. That's what I did in GT4.

Back