slipSHOTS: GT5

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 707 comments
Out of curiosity, wouldn't it be easier to gift and have someone drive one of the Z's in a online race, save the replay and take the shots that way?

slipshots, how do you do multi car pictures? can you view replays from online races? if so where is this feature?

thanks.

Know Your Roots: 1-Series Concept tii @ Nurburgring 24H

(click on images for full-size)

Update Info: Another paint swap; the 2002 Turbo provides it's Taiga Metallic for the 1-Series tii Concept. I know; technically, the 3-series is the 2002's descendant, but the 1-Series is closer in size, and drivetrain. This'll be the last "Know Your Roots" for a bit, since I've got some different stuff planned next. Enjoy!

Speedemon - Well, if you don't see it... I won't point it out!

Luis - Yeah, not gonna try that again, in fact...

Union - That would be a lot easier. Though I can't imagine many people would be itching to do that :P.

RG - Thanks dude, the concept was definitely stronger than the image!

Shig - D'oh, I missed it :-/.

Nissan - It's all in here!

Last edited:
Really nice pics of the tuned car meeting, it reminds me of the good old tuning photohoots in forza, we must photoshoot some day man

I really like this update. The car looks clean and I like the different angles you used. I cannot wait to see what you planned for the next update. 👍

The battle picture between the Fairladies Z in my opinion is excelent!! Simple looking, great mood all ove!!! I like it a lot :)

The 1 series set of pictures is another top work from you! Once more I enjoy a lot the angles you used, and the lightning is very good too!! Great green on the car also, very fancy!!!

Your gallery is always hot with these updates buddy :)

Nice set. I love the sepia tone, with a subtle sort of magenta cast... Looks great! And lends itself well to the whole 'know your roots' theme too. That green is quite a standout too!

Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera @ SSR7

Update Info: No, I haven't found a hidden car. Those who've already fiddled with the Gallardo probably have realized that the aero parts do their best to recreate a Superleggera in-game. So a tiny bump in power, some lower weight, and some delicious Grigio Telesto paint for some moody late-night testing. As for that planned update? It's on the back-burner for now; ran into some problems... this will have to do!

Thanks for all the positive responses, guys! Constructive criticisms always welcome!

(P.S. I do realize there are very similar angles at work here. Couldn't help it... love the tail-lights too much ;))

Last edited:
Nice update. Grigio Telesto? I would totally have gone for the classic Verde Ithaca :D. (in fact I think I might *goes off to buy another Gallardo*)
I love the third shot, the detail in those tail lights plus the subtle highlights on the edges of the panels... that's the sort of detail we could never have achieved in GT4, and that's what makes me love both this game and your gallery!

I'm kinda impressed you only had one tunnel shot and the rest of them were spent photographing the finer details of the car, good shots slip.

You captured the Lambo like only Top gear could do it...
It looks like you could feel the car and just hover around it snapping perfect shot after perfect shot...

I'm loving all of them!

I like the 4th one the most. Those lights in the front of the car look very... I don't know what to say. But they look good, that's what's up. :P Great pics Slipz.

Good work on these pictures. I really like the second photo - thanks to the good lighting at SSR7, the car looks clean and sharp. Well done. :)

Hm. Just went through the thread and I'm just as guilty as you are thinking I left a comment. :lol:

In any case, this thread needs more F40. I love the first set at the 'Ring, vibrant colors and nice composure; again, more F40! The Gallardo shots are brilliant as well.

McLaren F1 (LM replica) @ Laguna Seca

_________________________​

Update Info: I'm done trying to save money in GT5. A five million credit shopping spree yesterday means you can expect a lot more excitement in here in short order. For now, hail to the king... we don't need no stinkin' quad-turbo setup.

Franz - Yeah, the tree reflection irks me. And yeah, I'm back to just removing the watermark; I liked the simplicity too, I was just trying to find something for lazier me (though, that other one actually required more fiddling for each individual image).

TVR, sennyo, speedthrill, and b0nkers - Thanks all!

Sher - As soon as I get some more sit-down time (tomorrow), I will!

725 - Jooooin Ussssss :P. I've got a Scud in the garage, but it's down the list of plans right now...

Union - Thanks duder. Sorry I got to the whiteness first ;).

NTX - Thanks a bunch, I feel like I use low angles too much, but they give such a dramatic look I can't avoid them!
Damn I thought I was the only one doing rig shots at the cork screw haha.

You have good eyes, keep em coming

Very nice Lambo update the all of them are great. I like the fact that you used the unique rear lights of the car. It looks evil

F430 Scuderia @ Rome

Update Info: Not too satisfied, need to get out of the similar updates... but this goes up while the next gets worked on, as I shot it at the same time as the Gallardo and couldn't decide which went first. The Scud is a much more exciting drive than the 458, even if the latter is probably the "better" car!

TVR, breezy, |eG| - Thanks guys!

Rev - Verde Ithaca is already on another of my Lambos, and not the car it originally came on either :D. That one will have to be shot soon, as that green really is an awesome, awesome colour. Third shot is one I continually kept going back to; technically, I guess it and #6 are similar, but I liked that there was less overt light on #3, since like you said, it picks up the attention to detail (like the panel gaps, and the little strips of red in the top part of the light). Glad you like it!

Union - Yeah, I figured we've had plenty of tunnel shots, done better than I can manage, so why not :P. My photography teacher years ago told me my particular style seemed to favour detail shots, it seems I've brought that into GT5 (and this update just emphasizes that).

speedthrill - Is it weird I've only ever watched a single episode of that? :lol:. Thanks though!

RG - Normally I'm not too much of a fan of added wings, but for this yeah, the wing helps the car, as it looks kind of front-heavy without it. The fact it looks nigh-on identical to the SL's wing was icing on the cake :).

Sej - Evil? I'll assume you mean evil! :cheers:

MR - Funnily enough, that one required some of the most touching up. Just simple stuff; the colour separation on that shot meant you could see the rings from the street light a lot more clearly, in both the sky and reflected on the sheetmetal. So I had to clean those up, but it's very simple work, especially compared to GT4!

Terronium - Heh, I didn't want to flood the gallery with F40 goodness quite yet. I've been itching to take yet more shots of it, but I figure I've still got a huge roster to explore first! I'll let you know as soon as I do!

Frozzy - Nah... I do rig shots for probably 90% of my work now, GT5 has been spoiling me! Thanks!

725 - I can't tell you how much I enjoy those lights. I love Lambo's styling direction, and while it might get old, and have limited range, it absolutely works for their current line 👍

Last edited:

speedthrill - Is it weird I've only ever watched a single episode of that? :lol:. Thanks though!
Get watching, Now! Its the best show ever! You have 15 seasons of one hour episodes to catch up on (125 total + 3 Specials) ;) On your marks, get set, WATCH! 👍

Back