slipSHOTS: GT5

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 707 comments

full

full

(click on images for full-size)
_________________________​

Update Info: Yes, you'll have to click on each to see the full-size. No, they aren't all gradient mapped in full-size, just some nice normal colours ;).

Luis - Thanks! Inspiration is nothing more than my love of Evo and the dream of some day driving the 'Ring :D

Rev - The basic layout is done with all images in place, then I write the text. It helps keep me from dragging the story any longer than it already is!

Jay - Thank you, glad people are enjoying. I might do another in time...

speedthrill - Thanks again!

sems - Heh, it's only a lot of effort if it feels like work ;).

MR - Couldn't let it go unfinished! Glad you like it, buddy :).

RG - Yeah, I really should do the next ones in InDesign, whenever that might be. It's definitely going into my portfolio for any future use though... might as well!

polifonic - :cheers:

rfcnkt - Thank you for the flattering words, you're too kind!

Enjoy everybody! See you in the new year!

Last edited:
Hey there, been scanning through your gallery, some nice shots there man! Especially liked the Gallardo set- it's one of my favourite cars too.

Love the concept for 'Know your roots' have you found an easier way to shoot the two models at the same time yet? I fancy having a go but I'm useless with photoshop and I don't want to start trying to merge images if I can help it

Keep it up 👍

Magazine shots are great, loving the composition and organizations of the mag shots, can't say I've read the articles though..:nervous:

However the Bullitt Piece is my favorite so far, maybe not the car, but the organization/presentation. Reminds me of a movie poster, and its all about some flamboyant car.

What an awesome presentation of the bullitt! It looks great, as do the pics! It sure does look like a movie poster, especially the picture of him layered over the cars.

I really like this update. The presentation is phenomenal - not only do you pay attention to attracting the viewer's eye, but you also implement so many details I would never think of. Your talent is being emphasized by the pictures, as well: I can detect that you tried hard to archieve a contrast between the clean, sharp and not so colourful car and the rather colourful background, which shows a well executed blur! Keep up the good work - I am impressed every time I visit your gallery. 👍

Last edited:
Amazing work again, Slipz! The Ford looks very powerful, and the presentation is phenomenal. I think I see what you wanted to do with that overlay figure and the previews, very nice idea! 👍 I'm looking forward to more things like this from you, it really makes your gallery stand out.

The presentation, as well and the photos themselves are amazing. The presentation look like kind of a mix between a movie poster and a GTA poster.

Yea, I'm loving the pics but loving the presentation even more lol. It does indeed look like a classic movie poster! Kudos once again! Always great to see your updates!

full

full

full

Update Info: So, something small, as my next update has quite a lot of work to be done. I loved my old Z32 from back in the GT4 days (Here's the original post, over 4 years ago), so went about recreating it. Yes, those are R34 wheels on it, and yes, it wasn't possible in-game. This is my gallery's first HDR shot, too. You can click on either of the "vintage" shots to take a look at them as well. Enjoy!

kekke2000 - That'd be Magburner's (hope he gets around to opening a GT5 gallery soon)!

boozybloke - "Know Your Roots" is a lot of fun, and I have to stop myself from doing continuous updates like that. An easier way? Getting a friend to drive one of the cars in an online race probably would do it :P.

GT5Photographer - :D. That was the whole point; I spent a while looking at all the different Bullitt posters and cases over the years, from different countries, before getting to work on that.

Swiss - First off; 'bout time! Second, yeah, I needed to include McQueen in some way. Wanted him to be on his own, but I couldn't get a layout working with him off to the side without making the pictures just unfairly small.

Cod_Father - :cheers:

Magic Racer - Thanks for the very detailed comment, I'm glad the efforts are paying off :)

TVR - We seem to have similar favourites each time 👍

Sejtur - Thanks dude, I'm actually going to try and do a unique presentation every time now... it's a bit harder, but the payoff is worth it, and it keeps me on my toes, design-wise.

Luis - Yeah, GTA popped into my head while doing it... but I'll just chalk that up to Rockstar ripping off old 60's style ;).

RG - Heh, I just have to work on balancing the two out! Hope you like this update, I know we're both fans of the Z :D.

Last edited:
Nice combination, I knew I recognised those wheels from somewhere! It brings back some memories seeing those bottom 2 photos!

I like it indeed. Nice color choice, and a great retrospective! I wish they would have upscaled all the GT4 locations in HD so we could use them.

Very nicely done. I do vaguely recall the two 'vintage' shots from years gone by, it's great to see the car recreated (in your new photo, at least) in high definition.:)

I love what you're doing with presentation lately also. I'm going to have to step mine up a bit. :D

Nicely done with the 'fusion' of the ol girl. A great mix of past & present. I've always loved that GT4 photomode location. Perhaps one day it might be in a future PD update of the game. Wishful thinking on my part. It is a great HDR shot as well. Nothing too dramatic, just enough to bring a great balance of light and contrast to the shot. 👍

Awesome update, Slip! Those look like you actually bought them in game!

Love the Z compilation?(not sure what you would really call it), but it's awesome and that's all that matters.👍

Great work in blending the R34 and Z32 Slip, I kinda miss that location too... wish PD would bring it back.

Once again, Loving the way your compile your images and deliver in great presentation. I was just working on some presentation similar on my next shoot! I've been inspired to make a compilation!

full

full

Update Info: The Seasonal Bonus Races are some of my favourite things in GT5; they force me to try new, Premium cars, in (what were) tough races. I always have fun modifying the cars to my own personal tastes, so I thought I'd share them. As an added bit of fun: there are three bonus shots hidden in here. You should be able to find them easily enough... enjoy!

Moglet - Glad you remembered! One of my most favourite features of GT4 was the ability to take other stock rims from cars, so I had to recreate one of my better rides from back then!

Ghertel - I'm using Photoshop for all my layouts. Though oddly enough, very little on my actual pictures...

RG - No kidding! The new locations are alright, but there's just not as much diversity. I miss Shibuya! :lol:

Rev - It's actually not an exact recreation; believe it or not, the GT5 car is painted Bay Side Blue Metallic, but it's harder to tell because of the HDR. Plus as I'm realizing now, a lot of colours have changed from GT4 to GT5 (that 300ZX original blue is now way too dark). The layout stuff is mostly just to keep myself busy :P.

Swiss - Thanks buddy! Good to have you back around now too. Yeah, I didn't want anything too crazy for the HDR shot, but I did want improved lighting compared to the blah single-exposure I was working with. I think it worked nicely :).

SVX - I did! ...well, I bought the Skyline :P. Pain lining them up since even getting the angles right, the Skyline's body cut off different parts of the rim than the Z would.

Justin - Cheers!

s12ken - Heh, I think all of us want the old locations back :(

GT5photographer - Excellent! I'm going to have to go take a look now!

Last edited:
Loving your work and effort, man. Great shots as always!

You're likely to put me out of business - I need to step up my visual game. :lol:

I found them! (the hidden pictures). Lovely set of pictures, I like the captions too.

When I saw the Prius picture I said: "Look at that Prius!".

:drool:

I wish I had the graphics chops to put together such nice presentations. Of course, it helps that the photos are top-notch, to boot. :)

My battery's bigger..:lol: Awesome. I really like that shot.
The GT40 in all black is nice as well, that'd make a good HDR shot. And as always, the presentation is quite creative & fresh 👍

Back